Author Topic: ambros (REBOOT) (OOC)  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
ambros (REBOOT) (OOC)
« on: April 10, 2014, 02:00:48 am »
Planet earth had become crowded, overcrowded. the furs of the future began their search for territory in the last place they could look, the final frontier, they found a large habitable planet named Ambros, when they landed they were happy to consort with the beings of this planet, and coexist peacefully, the feelings were not mutual. driven out of their home colonies, and forced to live in the wilds of a planet with a hostile peoples, and an environment even more harsh than the extremes of earth, disease, plague, and flora and fauna alike decimated their numbers until they began to learn to adapt, but by this time it was too late, they had regressed into a cold tribal society, multiple tribes in constant conflict, losing themselves, trading technology and intellect for instinct and survival, but the threat of the natives still loom on the horizon, and they are becoming bolder driven forwards in urgency by some strange dark force...

character template
Name-
species-
Gender-
tribe- (no two players will be in the same tribe, a tribe is a family and no two members will be in the same family)
height-
weight-
appearance-
genetic enhancement- (this is a weak watered down trait that was possesed by your settling ancestors, it will be very weak, but you may have opportunities to improve it)(limit one)
personality-
weapon-(stone, wood, etc, no metal)

tribe- (no two players will be in the same tribe, a tribe is a family and no two members will be in the same family)
climate-
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:53:22 am by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: ambros (REBOOT) (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:44:41 am »
Name- Valarius "Val"
species- Warg
Gender- Gender
tribe- Howling Moon
height- 6'2"
weight- 153lb
appearance- fairly thick dark brown fur, stormy blue eyes, and scar above his right eye on his forehead. Wears crude leather pants tha cut off at his knees.
genetic enhancement- Thick fur (because of their abnormally thick fur they were more reliant to the elements and blunt weapons)  
personality-critical and analyzing of everybody. Can be very kind, but only to those he see's will serve a purpose for him. (more to be added)
weapon- Wooden spears, has multiple types of spears. Standard spears for throwing and close quarters, spears with vines around them for easy retrieval, and hollowed out spears to bleed out the prey.

tribe- Howling Moon: A mix of Roman and Norse culture. While they hold physical prowess above all they do recognize the need for the philosophers and the thinkers. They believe in many gods, however instead of having shrines in the villages they have them set up in where they believed the god or goddess dwells. All children are taught how to fight from ages 10-14 and they all have basic hunting skills, as a result the village is never in fear of being unprotected or starving while the Warriors and Hunters are away. Once a village member hits 16 they may pick a trade and train in that for the next 2 years cementing their place in their society. If they do not pick a profession they run the risk of being banished.

climate- Russian Taiga

« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 06:02:43 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Wooden Skull

• WE ARE A JUSTICE SANDWICH -- NO TOPPINGS NECESSARY
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 08:53:17 am »
Mind if I cut in?

Name- Ayer
species- Jackal
Gender- Male
height- 5'10
weight- Average
appearance- Wearing very light amounts of clothing to cope with the desert heat, Ayer's white and yellow clothing covers his grey coat around the chest and upper legs. When able to, Ayer paints himself with red and gold dyes mimicking the ancient Egyptians of Earth, though their reasoning (s well as their knowledge of the mimicry) has long since been forgotten.
genetic enhancement- Ayer has a higher resistance to fatigue, being able to exert himself to a slightly higher degree than others in worsening environmental and physical conditions.
personality- Ayer is very proud and honest, seeing himself as a provider and protector for his tribe. Quick to change and embrace new technology, he will advocate anything with a possibility of furthering his people and ending struggle, even if it backfires horribly. He is quick to trust and even quicker to accept, and though it may make him gullible he believes that someday, when the dust settles and all of the warmongers have left or lay in the field, it may come in handy.
weapon- Hooked pole made of carved bone and wood, used for tripping hunted animals (or agressors.) This is a weapon with more tactical and defensive use than offensive might, and naturally relies on tribe mates to close in with other weapons to make a kill, so Ayer will be at a combat disadvantage.

tribe- Drett:
The Drett have carved their home in the deserts thought previously to be inhospitable. Through their own ingenuity and a large amount of luck, they found an oasis among the sea of jagged rock and yellow sand. The few that were left standing rejoiced, set down the last of their dwindling supplies, and lived surrounding the lake that sprang from the ground.

The Drett believe in a primal force that runs through all things, manipulated by puppeteers in the forms of gods, central to all is the Maiden of the Lake. Defiling anything related to water is a direct insult to her benevolence, and wasting water is a horrible sin punished severely. Fish are considered sacred creatures to them, and can be found in designs on almost every aspect of one's life in the Drett tribe.

The Drett live in a more stable and predictable climate than most. The lake wanes and surges at set intervals, migratory animals come and go, and the weather is constant. Rain is almost unheard of, and the dry heat of the day is only interrupted by the chilling cold at night.

As a result of the severe isolation, this tribe is a little more technologically advanced than others, living in permanent buildings and using stone tools to cultivate crops along the shores of the oasis. However they are incredibly ignorant of the world around them as a result. Any small change to their ritualistic lifestyle is devastating and can easily threaten to diminish their numbers.

climate- Desert
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:19:19 pm by Wooden Skull »
I don't think he's done...

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 02:23:52 pm »

are you going to give us a list of tribes or do we just make our own?

everyone gets to make their own, also if you want to post a bit of information on your tribe, that'd be great
for instance if I were to make my tribe similar to the aztec I could include a little about their religion, main food staples, that sort of thing...it's not required, but you can do it if you want
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 05:25:07 pm »
Alrighty, thanks. i'll get those edits up soon
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline gammacable

• (picture courtesy of Saiyu)
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 01:02:32 am »
Mind if I join? And if there's something wrong with the character, let me know.

Name- Feng Hu Meng
species- Tiger
Gender- Male
tribe- Yín yuè
height- 6'0"
weight- 160
appearance- An armored shenyi, with turtle shell pauldrons, and a rhino hide chest-guard worn under the shirt. Instead of the traditional skirt, he wears hakama.
genetic enhancement- Imperial gaze: Inherited the intimidating eyes of his ancestors, which can unnerve prey and foe, or immobilize weak-willed creatures.
personality- Acts somewhat aloof, to keep up appearances with his heritage. In reality, he's rather lonely, and would like to interact normally with others. He can also be somewhat indecisive when given too much time to think.
weapon- Following traditional style, he keeps three weapons with him. His primary weapon is a trident made of wood, with fire hardened and sharpened bone to make the fork. On his hip he carries a bone handle hide whip. For range, he has a collection of jade throwing daggers in his sleeves. (If this is too much, just cut it down to the trident.)

tribe- The Yín yuè are quite successful as a group. Living in stationary villages, they occupy a mountain range that contains plenty of streams for fishing, and keep livestock and crops in the fields at the base of the mountains. Due to the defensible location, and skilled soldiers, the people have remained relatively free to pursue cultural and intellectual progress. Unfortunately, the native population makes regular raids on the mountain, keeping the population at low numbers. The small government is run by a council of noblemen, who each run one of the villages. Hu Meng is a cousin to one of these nobles.
climate- Just a little bit cool, with regular rainstorms.
"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 02:12:53 am »
gamma, you are fine on everything, but no to the jade throwing daggers, and I would like a little more detail for the enhancement you chose?

Name-holly
species-ferret
Gender-female
tribe- (no two players will be in the same tribe, a tribe is a family and no two members will be in the same family) erevos
height-3' 6"

weight-49lbs.

appearance-small, reddish fur

genetic enhancement- (this is a weak watered down trait that was possessed by your settling ancestors, it will be very weak, but you may have opportunities to improve it)(limit one) metabolism, boosted amounts of energy
personality-generally she is pretty cheerful, highly instinctual in her behaviors, though when push comes to shove she is logical with the important stuff and

weapon-(stone, wood, etc, no metal) pair of small granite warhammers, each about 1/2 a cubic foot in size

tribe- The erevos are a small carnivorous tribe of ferrets that hunt their food the old fashioned way, hunting it, the volcanic soil grows lush vegetation that attracts all kinds of prey, the volcano holds a few caves with some really odd metal ruins, but the tribe believe them to be extremely haunted and avoid them at all cost.
climate-volcanic(semi-active) tropical beach

Offline gammacable

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2014, 12:09:43 am »
Ok, so no daggers then. As for the enhancement, it's really just like a really intimidating stare. Like the pokémon special ability intimidate, which lowers an opponents attack. Or there was this legend about a queen, though I can't remember her name, who could paralyze an army with her cold gaze. Obviously, it's nowhere near that powerful, but it's similar to that.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2014, 02:52:25 pm »
I'll...let it pass...just make sure you dond't powergame it

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »
oh oh! i got one i'll let you know that it seems to be every anthro for themselves with few exceptions.   :)

Name- The lone shadow wolf
species-Eurasian wolf
Gender-male
tribe- the shadow kin
height-5”9"

weight-125lbs.

appearance-grey and white fur with black marking

genetic enhancement- development of complete silence, have developed in mind and body to be absolutely silent.

weapon-bow:  with obsidian tipped arrows quick, quiet and deadly, perfect for a silent kills. Obsidian dagger: sharp and light for throwing, countering sword swipes and slicing the throat of the enemy. 

tribe- The shadow kin tribe resides in the high mountain forest of the mountain it was once a active volcano but hasent erupted in over thousands of years. The shadow kin are allies with very few tribes any enemy, prey or anything dangerous enters our territory without giving a good explanation will never see the light of day AGAIN!!!! The tribe relies on instinct the plentiful berry plants grown In the rich volcanic soil and daily killing of mountain goats and geese.

Here is a note for other tribe you enter scout notifies you from a distance don’t give a good reason we nail you with arrows. 
 :goldbloody:
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline gammacable

• Male
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 11:19:53 pm »

Don't worry, I have no interest in overpoweing my character. Mostly, it's used to chastise the servants of the nobles. Otherwise, it's used to slightly increase the chance of an opponent making a mistake. The only time I'll use it is on nameless minor characters in my village. Otherwise, it won't affect another character unless the owner of that character decides to mention it for some reason. If you aren't comfortable with it, I could take time to come up with another.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2014, 01:37:21 am »

Don't worry, I have no interest in overpoweing my character. Mostly, it's used to chastise the servants of the nobles. Otherwise, it's used to slightly increase the chance of an opponent making a mistake. The only time I'll use it is on nameless minor characters in my village. Otherwise, it won't affect another character unless the owner of that character decides to mention it for some reason. If you aren't comfortable with it, I could take time to come up with another.

then you may want to rethink it...this is more of a combat/wilderness survival game

Offline gammacable

• Male
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2014, 09:42:03 pm »
then you may want to rethink it...this is more of a combat/wilderness survival game

Well, it's pretty useful against npcs, and I'd hope the other players would at least somewhat acknowledge it. But if the game isn't going to start for a little while, I'll work on another enhancement. I was thinking that his combat edge would come from his martial arts training (seeing as the culture is based on east Asia, it would make sense for high ranking warriors to be skilled in such techniques) but maybe I can work that into an enhancement instead.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:07 am »

Well, it's pretty useful against npcs, and I'd hope the other players would at least somewhat acknowledge it. But if the game isn't going to start for a little while, I'll work on another enhancement. I was thinking that his combat edge would come from his martial arts training (seeing as the culture is based on east Asia, it would make sense for high ranking warriors to be skilled in such techniques) but maybe I can work that into an enhancement instead.

society is not yet developed or organized well enough for martial arts, so no, no martial arts

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 09:58:24 pm »
i'll be starting this soon-ish, let me know if you are going to make the changes I requested or if I should go ahead and start getting to work starting this

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 10:20:04 pm »
Begin the assimilation!
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline gammacable

• Male
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 11:25:33 pm »
i'll be starting this soon-ish, let me know if you are going to make the changes I requested or if I should go ahead and start getting to work starting this

Sorry, I won't be ready to start. My culture is based on ancient eastern Asia, who were rather advanced even in the stone age. If I can't use that, then I'm going to completely remake my character. If I don't finish in time, I don't mind you starting without me, so go ahead as soon as you're ready. I'll try to catch up if I'm able.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 11:42:49 pm »

Sorry, I won't be ready to start. My culture is based on ancient eastern Asia, who were rather advanced even in the stone age. If I can't use that, then I'm going to completely remake my character. If I don't finish in time, I don't mind you starting without me, so go ahead as soon as you're ready. I'll try to catch up if I'm able.

no can do, the start I have has everyone starting within minutes of each other...in the same location

Offline gammacable

• Male
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 11:56:02 pm »
Fine. I guess I'll have to sit this one out.  :(  Maybe another time.
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 01:09:39 am »
Fine. I guess I'll have to sit this one out.  :(  Maybe another time.

why? i'm willing to wait

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 01:15:46 am »
what do you have to say about my tribe. :)
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 08:16:08 am »
what do you have to say about my tribe. :)

one thing, after thousands of years there would be no obsidian, flint yes, but the obsidian would be rare