Author Topic: For the Republic (IC)  (Read 6190 times)

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
Re: For the Republic (IC)
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 04:24:30 pm »
Nex continued to listen to the plans that Val had set down "The plan itself is sound...I will make sure to evenly split my troops outside the wall, a horn at their side so that we might have advanced warning..." With blades little outburst Nex had his attention go back to him, he approached Blades "While I did not know your father well I knew he understood the ways society works, a solider like yourself should understand...Even if you are a mercenary..." He looked at Robyn thinking she was the help "Bring me some wine women..."

----

Aurora listened to the arena manager, only dreading this fight more and more as she continued to hear new information. It wasn't until a small vile was dropped onto the ground 'accidentally' from the manager as he walked out, with his shout from the end of the hall and his leave she looked down grabbing the vile. She soon followed his advice polishing the poison onto her knives, with that she walked out knives on her side still feeling that something was off about her surroundings.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 01:33:43 am »
Val laughed a little and walked over between Nex and Blades, clapping them on the shoulders. "Look at you two." He glanced over at Nex "The old ways sworn loyalty to king and country, order above ideals." He glanced over at blades. "And you progression, a revision of the laws" He took his hands off their shoulders and walked over to Robyn. "These two would crash and burn without eachother whether they know it or not."

-----
The crowds cheers began to becoming deafingly loud as the twins were brought out Riza and Rachel two panthers and judging from their markings, brought in from across the seas. The twins were poised bloodlust filled their eyes as much as fear.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 09:32:03 am »
"sounds a lot like someone I know" 'she' giggled "although you may need me more than i need you"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 12:47:52 am »
Nex gave Valarius a sour look shaking his hand off as he spoke of them "You trust the wrong company..." He slid his gladius back into it's scabbard and began to exit the room "Your ways are wrong...You may have the trust of an emperor, but you lack the correct judgement to hold it for long..." He grabbed his cloak wrapping it around his shoulders and walked out of the room the two lower legioniares behind him.

----

Aurora looked at the twins as her eyes adjusted to the sunlight and the heat of the day, their faces showed both fury and dread. With that she pulled her knives looking to the ground "Forgive me..." She looked on and began to run toward the twins pointed to hit both of them in the throat.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 01:22:48 am »
Blades merely smirked a bit at Valarius "It's rather simple...it's knowing when to follow the rules, and when to break them." he stretched a little "After all...we ourselves decide what's real and what to laugh off."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2014, 01:56:25 am »
"Well never the less back to your wife, go home and prepare for the party later." Val turned back to Robyn "So the food isn't poisoned i take it? What did they prepare anyways. They wouldn't let me in."

---

Riza quickly grabbed his sister Rachel and tossed her to the side, he stood his ground waiting till the last second and used his left arm to block the blade. He grimaced in pain, but as he did so Rachel circled around and proceeded to lunge at Aurora from behind.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 02:18:16 am »
Nex continued his walk grumbling to himself "He would trust anyone..." A realization hit him "He would trust anyone!" He pulled one of his legionaries by the collar toward him "I want you to make sure we keep formation out the walls, but be sure to keep watch of his followers...Especially this arena contestant he plans to bring to this event, I want them to be especially watched..." The solider nodded running off to the wall

----

Aurora continued running forward aiming her knives for their throats, she wasn't totally surprised seeing as the male pushed the female out if the way. What she wasn't expecting was the male to take the knife into his left arm "I'm sorry..." She turned her attention swinging the knife for the female who was now coming from behind.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 02:29:07 am »
Riza's eyes widened as he saw the blade fly for Rachel. With the blade still in his arm he ran around and took the other blade into his right arm. Rachel used his back as a jump pad and launched herself in the air, flipping beck to her original spot. Riza collapsed down to one knee, his was collapsing fast with double the dose of poison coursing through his veins. He felt his heart beginning to slow. He offered Aurora a weak smile "Thank you..please make hers fast."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 02:31:09 am »
"I don't think the food has been poisoned, you know i've built a resistance to oral poisons" 'she' told him quietly "as for the food, they had some delicious stuffed pheasant, but there were so many things put in front of me I really can't tell you...they're really going all out this year...so how goes the security?"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 02:39:01 am »
"I have the feeling Nex thinks i should have more at the party, but Blades thinks i need more for the city itself" Val let out a sigh. "Hey go tell Nex i need to see him before the party in private. There will be some honeyed wine for you." Val got up and walked back over to his war table. He studied his plans over and over occasionally mumbling to himself.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2014, 02:43:38 am »
Aurora looked at this panther watching as he took the other knife into his right arm, most of her combatants were not ones to sacrifice themselves for others. She listened to him intently giving him a sincere face "I will..." She pulled the knives from his arms a tear going down her face as she expected him to collapse behind her, she soon stood facing the female twin now turning her knives toward her "This can end two ways...Please give up...Cause I won't...I won't die in this hole..." She ran forward thrusting the knives for the females gut the tear still running down her face.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2014, 02:49:02 am »
"you do realize that i'm going to test your security? If I get through successfully i'll wear green...if not, then silver" 'she' smiled at him "I always have enjoyed our games..." (putting a pause here to finish our conversation)

after the pair finished talking 'she' left to go after Nex to deliver the message
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:57:16 am by whtwolf »

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2014, 10:04:52 am »
As riza's eyes began to close for what seemed like the last time, when he was too weak to speak, a small bolt, a tiny arrow, but this one was laced with something other than poison. Right before his vision faded, he no longer felt as though he was dying, but merely falling unconscious... But of course, only one knew he wasn't dead....

Sulios smirked from his position high in the crowd. None had seen the bolt fly, and if things went as planned, he would gain a new ally whose loyalty would rival his own towards valarius.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2014, 11:13:35 am »
Blades smirked as he rejoined Faye "Can do, Valarius. Make sure to save us a bottle of spiced wine, it's her favorite." Faye clung close to Blades as they walked "so...how'd it go my love?" Blades let out a sigh "Alright I suppose...I'm young, free-thinking and rebellious, Nex is old and somewhat stuck in his ways. Just a dispute over where to concentrate the guard is all..." he shook his head a little "c'mon, let's get ready for tonight's events."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2014, 12:29:15 pm »
About ten minutes after Robyn had left, Sulios slipped into the war room, having made arrangements for Riza's "Body" to be taken care of. He coughed the ensure valarius wasn't surprised by his sudden appearance, a soft cough that he hadn't heard in a long time, matched by an equally soft voice that was like water flowing across smooth stones. "Master Valarius, house Freathe is no more. I apologize for my inefficiency in getting the job done in a timely manner." Sulios said softly, kneeling before valarius as the treaty binding their families dictated when giving a report following a mission.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2014, 02:25:34 pm »
(Noble and all of you to try and save him, but all you manged to do was paralyze him while he bleeds out. Massive gash into the muscle and down his left arm and a nice clean stab wound through his right and. Nobody is surviving that also added to the fact that the body isn't going to be removed middle of a fight)

"So your still alive i see" There was a hint of humor in Valarius' voice "Welcome back old friend, just in time for the celebration as well." Valarius walked over to him and lifted him from a kneeling position. He walked back over to his war table taking out a map of surrounding countries and territories. "I trust they gave you no trouble?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2014, 02:48:41 pm »
(Not when the paralysis poison clots the bloodflow to open wounds... Besides, the fight won't last much longer.)

Sulios nodded as valarius spoke, embracing him as valarius lifted him. "It's been too long... They did attempt to give me some trouble, but my brother and sister saw too the trouble's elimination." The panther replied, moving to stand across from valarius. "I see that Nex is overseeing the wall guard. He hasn't been giving you any trouble recently, has he? Oh, and thanks for keeping the sewers unguarded. It saved me the trouble of the city gates and the guards in the street." He replied.
10K post club.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2014, 08:45:53 pm »
(a giant slice isn't going to be mended by simple blood clotting agents, so stop trying to god mod mister)

"No Nex is a good man, set in the old ways, but that's good sometimes you need the old ways instead of progress. Progress makes people uppity." Val returned to his war plans. "Well seeing as the main entrance to the sewers is sea side we'd see most of any enemy approach so really no need to muster guards there."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2014, 09:01:58 pm »
Rachel just nodded. She and her brother had been taken from their home to a place alien to them, all they wanted to do was go home, and now they both could. Rachel charged Aurora sliding at the last moment having both of the blades go perfectly through her jugulars. She collapsed on the ground and with her last few seconds of life crawled to her brother and held his had, for they would be together even in death.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2014, 09:13:26 pm »
Aurora wasn't prepared for what these two did, both sacrificing themselves just to get away from this place. With both of the twins now on the ground hand in hand, likely how they came into the world. With her opponents on the ground dead and defeated she dropped her knives onto the ground and fell to her knees, she gave a calm breath finally being able to relax.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2014, 09:16:11 pm »
The crowd was unable to speak. Not knowing what to think of what they just witnessed, many left without so much as a murmur. The manager came out a few seconds later. "Well i guess congratulations are in order because you get to be out of this hell hole....well for tonight anyways." The manger  just stood over Aurora, hand outstretched offering to help her up.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2014, 09:55:59 pm »
She continued to look toward the ground only thinking about what she saw, looking up at the manager she grabbed his hand lifting herself out of the dirt with his assist "A night of out of here..." She felt happy to be out for the night, but the feeling of dread still filled her inner being "For what I've had to do for it..." She simply closed her eyes and walked with the manager not sure where they would be going next

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2014, 10:02:21 pm »
The manager lead her to the private bathhouse. "It's at the party at the Civic Hall. Some sort of gift from Valarius, although honestly i doubt it was really his idea, but never the less a pretty dress and lots of food. What's not to like." The manager sat down a card. "Just present this to the guard at the entrance and they should let you in no problem." The manager began to walk away. "Don't worry i'll give those two kids proper funerals" He wasn't being joking or smart when he called them kids, their documents had them listed at 17 and 14 respectively.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Acheron187

• Hooves rock!
  • Male
    • MLP Arena
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2014, 10:40:53 pm »
Aurora followed the manager into the private bath house, she listened to him simply nodding showing that she was listening. With the manager now leaving she turned to hear his final words, she whispered to herself "May you both find your way home..." She then turned toward the bath removing what little clothing she was aloud to wear at the fight previously, she walked into the water letting down her hair and cleaning the dirt and sweat that usually covered her. Once finished she left the bath looking at the dress that had been left for her, a long blue dress with a translucent dangles on the shoulders and cleavage area. She picked up the card waiting to be taken to this party of sorts.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2014, 11:00:01 pm »
"Indeed, but as my entrance this morning proves, they are a risk nonetheless. As a part of my duty as your personal bodyguard and assassin, I am compelled to recommend that you station guards there, but I would rather they either be utterly loyal or nonexistent. Back to business now. The gladiator who won in the arena today, Aurora, I need her freed. It is high time that a wrong done so long ago in the past be righted. My wrong, I might add." Sulios replied, studying the war maps laid down on the table in front of them.  The cat frowned behind his cowl as he noted guard positions, shaking his head in disapproval.
10K post club.