Author Topic: Ga'Hoole IC  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
Ga'Hoole IC
« on: May 04, 2014, 12:08:44 am »
It was late summer. The crescent moon shone down on Ansin's white face. He was perched on a branch of a large sycamore tree, near the border of Ambala and Kuneer. He swiveled his head around 180 degrees, looking, or rather, listening, for nothing in particular. The sycamore tree had a hollow in it that had been previously abandoned. In that hollow, sat Rivena. She bliked at Ansin, a content look in her eyes. Why, oh why did you have to be born a Barn Owl? she kept wondering to herself. He would've asked Ansin to be her mate the day she met him if he were a Spotted Owl, like herself. But they were two different species of owl, and it was never going to work out. He stopped swiveling his head as the two owls locked gazes. "What are you looking at?" he asked her.

"Oh, nothing..." she replied, innocently.

Ansin's eyes widened slightly, and then he turned his head 90 degrees. "There's another owl over there. I think it's a Short-Eared owl... maybe, I'm not sure." No sooner had he finished his sentence, Rivena was out on the branch too, looking in the direction he was. Slowly, she was edged her way closer to the Barn Owl. Ansin seemed to pick up on her act, and spread his wings, flying away from her to the end of the branch, looking out into the desert of Kuneer. "Er... there's also a cactus out there, a bit of sound coming from it... there may be an Elf Owl or something in there."

Oh for Glaux's sake! thought Rivena, flying over to see the cactus.

(You guys go ahead and intro.)
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Re: Ga'Hoole IC
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 12:16:29 am »
Nidine saw the odd pair of owls on the branch as she looked to her left. "Been a long time since I've seen other owls...save for that one who attacked me a few moons ago." She saw there was another branch a bit of a ways away from them. A bit tired from her recent endeavor, she perched holding her bad leg up. "Let them come to you Nidine...let them come to you." she thought to herself as she preened a bit.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:29:47 am »
Rivena puffed up her feathers a bit, trying to seem large and scare off this owl. It was a female, she could see that. As she was puffing herself up, she turned to glance at Ansin. He was blinking down at her, seeming a bit embarrassed and confused by her vaguely aggressive response to the new owl. Rivena sighed, and relaxed, letting her feathers slowly go back into their normal position. She grumbled a bit as Ansin flew over to greet the new owl. It had always been just him and her, and this new owl was screwing that up.

Ansin alighted on the branch next to Nidine. "Sorry about Rivena." He said. That was all he said, blinking down at the owl with his reddish eyes, whch would be a surprise to most owls considering that most Barn Owls had blackish or brownish eyes.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:23:40 pm »
Nidine simply rolled her eyes at Rivena's reaction. She looked to Ansin "Don't worry too much, been through worse." she notices the rather odd color of his eyes but she wasn't really one to talk seeing she had heterochromia. "So...to who do I owe the pleasure of meeting?" she would have offered a talon to shake but she was having a particularly rough time with her bad talon today.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 02:34:35 pm »
"I'm Ansin." the Barn Owl mumbled, now turning his attention to the cactus. "That's Rivena, over there."
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 03:55:13 pm »
Sezod had never been this far outside of his home before - having left the desert of Kuneer, and just arrived in the forest kingdom of Ambala, he could see himself getting lost easily.  All he had to go on were the words - "The Pure Ones".  The others were afraid to say any more, and warned him not to go searching for his sister.  He couldn't be convinced otherwise, though.

With no solid direction, though, Sezod found himself flying aimlessly throughout the wood, hoping to find one who would know something.  But who would know? He thought, searching around for others.
Mate of Furenzied

I haz an FA now: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/werecat01/

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 04:41:14 pm »
Nidine smiled only a little. "Well hello Ansin...I'm Nidine, drifter and self-taught expert on improvised combat." she took a good look at Ansin, noting the red marks on him...where had she seen those marks before? "Would you possibly have some room for me to rest? At least for a little while."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 06:35:31 pm »
Ansin nodded. "We should, it's a big hollow." He turned to face Rivena, seeming to lose interest in the cactus. "Rivena may not like it though."

Rivena was still pretty disgruntled about the new owl coming over, and having heard that she would be staying, she angrily flew to the other side of the tree, and noticed Sezod flying into Ambala. She hoped that he wouldn't see her, if one more owl joined them, it would surely drive her yoicks.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 10:06:38 pm »
On his flight by, Sezod caught a glimpse of a spotted owl out of the corner of his eye.  He turned, and came closer, but upon seeing the disgruntled look on her face, he hesitated.  Nevertheless, he had to start his search somewhere.

"Excuse me..." he said, cautiously, trying to get her attention.
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 10:10:51 pm »
Nidine nodded with a soft smile "Thank you Ansin...I've been travelling for quite some time now." she went to the hollow with him. "I gotta say...don't really know any tytos with red feathers or eyes."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 10:26:50 pm »
Rivena snapped her head up, glaring at him. "Yes?" She said in a poisonous tone of voice.

Ansin stared down at Nidine, before flying out of the hollow, alighting on the branch, and saying. "There's a first time for everything." And with that, he flew off, and landed beside Rivena.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 10:45:38 pm »
Sezod was taken aback by her tone.  "Um... I'm sorry, but it is rather important..." he said, "would you happen to be able to direct me to anywhere I could find out something about..."

He paused, considering.  Part of him wanted to fly away right then, but another part of him was saying that he could be passing up an opportunity to find out what he needs if he does that.  "I'm sorry," he finally said, "if I'm being too much of a bother.  Would you happen to be able to direct me somewhere I could find information on something called... I think 'Pure Ones' was the term?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 04:01:38 pm »
Ansin, who had just flown up beside Rivena, seemed a bit taken aback. Being a former Pure One, he knew the horrors that lay with them. He could barely utter the words "W... Why would you want to know about them?"

Rivena stepped a bit closer to Ansin. She swiveled her head and worriedly blinked up at him. She knew his past, and how secretive he was about it. She quickly flew off into the hollow, not looking up at Nidine as she listened through the bark of the rotting tree to the conversation between Ansin and Sezod.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 04:29:42 pm »
"So... you know about them?" asked Sezod.  "I... My sister, she disappeared while I was away from the nest one day, and... others were saying something about them.  If she's with them, I want to know if she's in trouble..."  Already, he felt that he wouldn't like what he found out.
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2014, 05:21:34 pm »
Ansin looked up at the owl from his lower branch, a solemn look in his eyes. "Unless she knew something really important…" He look down, like he was embarrassed. "I'm sorry about what happened to her… Well, probably happened to her…"
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 10:18:31 pm »
"Well..." said Sezod, "She knew something about..." What was it? he thought to himself - "Flicks?  No, Flecks, or something like that.  Is that important?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 10:36:00 pm »
"s...sorry if I offended you Ansin." Nidine said as he flew to Rivena. With no one else around, she took a minute to preen herself. "Just relax Nidine...sy as few things as possible and you'll be fine."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 10:58:31 pm »
"That increases her chances, but it's still not very likely... Sorry..." He began to spread his wings to fly to the hollow, looking back sadly at the small owl.
GameMaster Status!

Offline WereCat

• Male
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 11:14:56 pm »
"Wait..." Sezod said, his worry increasing, desperate to cling to some kind of hope, "There's still a chance, right?  Besides, what would they have done to her?  And, how do you know about them, anyway?"
Mate of Furenzied

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 11:24:35 pm »
Ansin nodded. "There is a chance, but it's slim to none. She'd have to keep spoon-feeding them information. She's probably being kept as a prisoner, if she's still alive." He looked up at the Elf Owl, and flew up to his branch. He knew that Sezod wouldn't be able to do much to him in a fight, he had been trained by the best. "As for that last question... I learned from experience..."
GameMaster Status!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 03:50:02 pm »
Rivena sighed, her feather going flat against her as she listened from inside the hollow. She walked over to the entrance, poking her head out to look at Ansin and Sezod. She momentarily turned her head around 180 degrees to blink at Nidine, then continued observing the two.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2014, 03:53:38 pm »
Nidine saw Rivena glance at her. she went out to the hollow's opening to see Ansin talking to the elf owl. "What are they talking about?"

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 04:16:55 pm »
Rivena, still not very fond of Nidine, said in a saddened voice. "Ansin… He used to be a Pure One… He's not one anymore, and this Elf Owl thinks that the Pure Ones took his sister… I don't think Ansin will tell him where to look, he always talks about how horrible they are…"
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2014, 04:22:51 pm »
Nidine cocked her head a bit. she'd never really heard of The Pure Ones let alone encountered them "Pure Ones? What are those? Is that why Ansin has those colors on him?"

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2014, 04:32:44 pm »
Rivena hummed uncomfortably. "He had to kill to get those colors… or get seriously wounded."
GameMaster Status!