Author Topic: Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)  (Read 13418 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Re: Lancaster Gates (1x1 with Sledge)
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2014, 11:43:42 pm »
"Yes, and I kept watch over you through out the night. Fret not though for we will soon be on friendly shores." Maraas pointed at some cliffs coming into view. "Arenbauer"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2014, 11:45:23 pm »
"I had a dream I was swimming... Someone told me to keep swimming until I got there... I hadn't ever heard of the place..." She gazed toward the shoreline. "They're allies?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 12:18:55 am »
"Allies of sorts." Maraas stopped rowing and yawned "We'll be there soon." He stretched and continued rowing
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2014, 07:58:55 am »
"Of sorts?" Tara looked back to him. "How so?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 01:15:38 pm »
"It's where I was born, so they're all like family to me." Maraas hopped out of the boat, one hand on it while he swam, waiting to get to the shallows, so he could pull it ashore. "We're not going to get our army here, but it's our first stop."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2014, 05:03:59 pm »
Tara nodded, then looked at the water and let out a sigh. She wanted to swim as well, but it would ruin her dress, and she had no desire to show up in this strange land wearing either a ruined dress or nothing at all. She started carefully belting her sword to her waist. "Do they know who I am?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2014, 05:15:35 pm »
"Eh more or less, the Bone-Caster would have seen our coming." Maraas was right, soon a small group villagers began making their way towards the beach.  The group shoots a few glances at Tara then turn their attention to Maraas. "Greetings Tamassran, I assume you already know why we have come." The leader of the group an older female, dressed some in their traditional priestess garb simply smiles and nods, beckoning to follow
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2014, 05:17:31 pm »
"Um... Am I missing something here?" Tara asked, leaping from the boat to follow Maraas. "And do you have a different name here, or was that a title?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2014, 05:27:57 pm »
Maraas leaned over to Tara. "We do not have names, our names are our titles. Hers is Tamassran. She is a priestess who educates the young" Tamassran and the group led them to something akin of a temple. A quick look at the other furs revealed they had longer more pointed ears and wider muzzles than Maraas. Tamassran sat down in a rather ornate chair leaving Maraas and Tara to stand. "Yes Maraas I do know of your reasons for returning, and I assume she is the reason. Maraas just simply nodded. Tamassran turned her attention to Tara "Tell me Basalit-an(an outsider worthy of respect) do you know why you are here?"
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 05:57:17 pm by SeaOfWhispers »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2014, 05:32:36 pm »
Tara looked at Maraas, then back to tamassran. "Um... Sorta... We had to leave because there were those who were opposed to me taking the throne, and who set out to kill me and those who are loyal to me..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2014, 05:52:04 pm »
You speak only partial Talan(truth)...This would have happened with or with out you. There were those who presented the Hissra(illusion) of allies, your kingdom had become weak with peace they exploited that" Tamassran(Those Who Speak) turned to Maraas "What you seek Essam (can be found in) Viddathlok (a temple of healing) Maraas nodded and spoke "Meravas (So shall it be)" He turned to Tara. "Come now we must continue on"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2014, 06:30:22 pm »
"Um... Ok?" Tara said, getting up to follow Maraas. "Lead the way..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2014, 08:40:53 pm »
Maraas led them up a small hillside with a single building perched atop it. The doors were shut, but a single note was nailed to the front. Maraas took it down, as he read it he solemnly nodded his head. "Of course it wouldn't be that easy."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2014, 08:51:20 pm »
"What is it?" Tara asked uneasily. "What's wrong?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2014, 08:54:42 pm »
"The person we needed has passed." Maraas looked up at the sky. "It seems our enemies have gotten to him first. Fret not he stowed what we need in a place sacred to them..to us.."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2014, 08:59:58 pm »
"Well, lets go then..." She looked at him, hopeful. "What's not easy about that?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »
"Spirit guardians protect the place. If you are not carrying dead you must prove yourself worth to enter." Maraas griped the hilt of his blade. "That's what makes it hard."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2014, 09:04:33 pm »
"I'm guessing it's not just answering a riddle..." Tara said. "It's combat, isn't it?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2014, 09:09:39 pm »
"In a civilization not ours, even as an outsider. There isn't much need for communication, we speak through action, settle disputes through combat." Maraas began resting his blade on his shoulder. After a bit of walking they came up on place heavy with fog, and unnatural stillness surrounded the place.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2014, 09:16:10 pm »
"I don't like this, Maraas..." Tara said quietly, her hand going to the hilt of her sword. "I don't like this at all..."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2014, 09:27:07 pm »
Two figures made out of complete darkness stood before them. Towering over them both at 7' tall. The had the shape of a Bull and an Owl. "Who are you to disturb this sacred ground? Maraas took a step forward, the dark surrounding him, even the sunlight dared not venture here. "I am Maraas and I am here for the object left on the grave of Ashkaari (One who seeks)" The bull leaned forward getting nose to nose with Maraas. "Ha so Nothing has come to obtain something. Very well, but you know the rules. Shall Basra (thing) fight as well?" "No I shall fight you both." The bull looked over at the Owl and nodded "Very well. Ataash varin kata (in the end lies glory) "Step back and do not interfere Mi'Lady."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2014, 10:13:04 pm »
"But I-" Tara started, then stopped and stepped back. "Yes, that is probably for the best...."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2014, 10:56:02 pm »
(I could just lazily timey wimey all this..)

Maraas stepped further into the darkness, without the sunlight it was next to impossible to keep up with the figures. The occasional grunt and sword clash accompanied by the spark of metal on metal found it's way out of the darkness. A cry of pain from Maraas followed with numerous expletives pierced the darkness. However soon enough the battle picked up, after what seemed like hours the fog began to dissipate, revealing Maraas still standing multiple arrows protruding from his back with tiny gashes covering his body. The two figures reformed seconds later "You have fought well, retrieve what you came for then leave." Maraas nodded,  breathing heavily he pushed himself up with his sword and dragged his body to the marked grave gathering up the cloth wrapped object. He then staggered his way back to Tara, "I got what we came for.."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2014, 11:32:02 pm »
"Yes..." Tara said, worriedly examining the protruding arrows. "And you also got several arrows which were not part of the deal... Stay still for a second and let me take a look at those."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2014, 11:38:46 pm »
"You didn't both expect them to use swords did you?" Maraas sat down on the ground weary from lack of sleep and this fight. "You know I might need a nap or a few days off after this."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke