Author Topic: Digital Blasmphemey (IC)  (Read 6002 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Digital Blasmphemey (IC)
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:55:49 pm »
Welcome to the Network. Plugging you in.

It's an odd feeling, having your consciousness transported into a digital avatar. It's like having a second body. You feel what it feels and see what it sees. After a few minutes the world of Arenbaur starts to form around you. Soon enough you find yourself standing in the middle of a bustling town square. Smells, noises, and sights begin to assault your sense as your mind adjusts to its new perceived reality. You remember the message you got when you first logged in. The Busty Vixen tavern. Heading there would probably be a good start, What do you really plan on doing with no coin and basic gear and spells?

Maraas sat at in his usual booth in the tavern. Going over papers laid out in front of him. "Well Holly, which one do you think we should go for next, I mean we made decent coin from that last job, but i'd really rather not have to fight with a broken shoulder again." Maraas reached up and rubbed his left shoulder. The bonehas since then been healed, but fighting with a broken bone is no joke.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Digital Blasmphemey (IC)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 06:17:44 pm »
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:45:25 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:20:06 pm »
Felix was sitting in the booth next to Maraas' when he overheard about his broken arm. He then smirked deviously (although nobody could see it because of his half mask) and began to come up with a plan to rob these two of their money. He looked over nonchalantly, seeing the mage. "That could be a problem," he thought in his head before he turned back around. He continued to take glances every minute or two to check on their position. He was going to ask for the BrandyRiver special like the message asked him to, but after he managed to get some gold on his hands. He was oddly curious though about who exactly messaged him.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 07:57:57 pm »
She smiled at him "ahh you'll be fine, it healed up right...besides, if I recall there was someone who suggested a retreat so we could let my mana refill...that someone was ignored wasn't she?" she chuckled "i'm working on getting a little extra cash to improve our gear, and I might Have an idea"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 08:29:59 pm »
Pecavi looked around to get his bearings."i must find this tavern of the busty vixin." He begins his search
Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 08:42:25 pm »
"Yeah, yeah wasn't like I knew another ghoul was just waiting in the shadows." Maraas moved his shoulder in circles. "So what's the plan? I mean I don't really want to go back to marauding and killing the newbies, but hey it paid." Maraas leaned over to Holly, "I wonder if he's a thief, not like his gear screams it or anything" He leaned back and resumed his normal tone. "Sure is a large influx of new people."

(Furenzied, nobody knows who the contact is, plus he most definitely wouldn't be out in the open.)

(Sir Macaroni)
After wandering a while you come across the tavern. It's rather difficult to miss as the banner is host of a well endowed barmaid carrying two rather large jugs.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 08:44:01 pm »
(I forgot...sorry...I'll have to fix that in a bit. Sorry...I'm an idiot...)

J headed into the tavern, after getting used to the body and realistic feel. He looked around a bit before heading to the counter. "Umm...can I get the Brandyriver special?" He quietly asked.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 08:48:14 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »
"Yeah, yeah wasn't like I knew another ghoul was just waiting in the shadows." Maraas moved his shoulder in circles. "So what's the plan? I mean I don't really want to go back to marauding and killing the newbies, but hey it paid." Maraas leaned over to Holly, "I wonder if he's a thief, not like his gear screams it or anything" He leaned back and resumed his normal tone. "Sure is a large influx of new people."

"well if you wanna stop grabbing from newbies, I have a plan that'll get us the whole gamut, newbies, advanced, intermediate...it'll be dangerous though...but the rewards..." she looked over at the kid and pulled some sand from the floor (they used to do that, put sand on the floor...made cleanup from bar fights a lot easier)
"mmm...well we both know where I keep my money so i'm safe"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2014, 09:00:05 pm »
(Not a problem at all :) )

Barkeep eyed him warily. "That special doesn't  into effect 'til around 8pm comeback and ask then." The barkeep set down the mug he was cleaning. "Anything else? If you're looking for work the Merc Maraas can probably find you some, he's been here a few months so he can find you work, but there is his finders fee."

Maraas laughed, "Let's just hope he's not as bold as some, hard to do his line of work while missing fingers. So talk to me about the gain, you know that's all I really need to hear."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2014, 09:08:55 pm »
J nodded. "Ok where is this merc?" He did like money and some starting upgrades would be wanted.
Mate of WereCat

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 09:12:00 pm »
The Barkeep pointed over to a booth in the corner, it had a view of every entrance and fur in the tavern. The paranoid spot, the mercs favourite spot.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2014, 09:23:21 pm »
J thanked the bartender and headed over quietly. "So...you need any help with anything?" He asked the mercs.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 09:26:38 pm »
"well...the intermediate players probably won't be a major thing..." she smiled "it'll be mostly noobs and high leveled players" she chuckled "All we have to do is use my looks and your brawn...we gointo the brothel and ah....persuade them  to ah...forget their wallet"

Offline Mu Rho Ni

• Male
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2014, 09:27:38 pm »
Pecavi shortly spotted the tavern and entered the swinging door. He paused and looked around seeing the patrons giving him the look as if they have just seen a ghost, He gets that look allot. He made his way to the bar. "Bar tender i require your uhhh brandy river special... Post haste"
Great men are forged in fire, it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame. (The real 9th doctor)

Though the morrow is barren of promise ,nothing shall forestall my return. (Genesis FFVII crisis core)

Sir Macaroni. Master of the universe by day. Door to door macaroni salesman by night.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:33 pm »
Maraas glanced up at J then glared over at the barkeep. "Damned keep, No we don't need help with anything you want a job I take it. Well what are you?" Maraas' voice was laced heavily with disdain. He returned his attention to Holly. "We may all be head on a one way trip to death, but at least you give me ways to enjoy the ride."

The barkeep just shook his head at Pecavi. "I'll tell you the same thing as the other new guy, not available till after 8pm. You're new, go talk to the pissed off merc if you need a job, he can probably find you something low level."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2014, 09:36:49 pm »
"I'm kind of a mage but I'm also going to get into the more fine arts of close combat. I make a good watchman without needing sleep." J explained a bit.
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:10 pm »
"Damn," Felix thought at J approached Maraas and Holly. "I probably need to cut my losses. Wait," he thought as he got up from his booth. Felix walked by Maraas's booth and with J in front of them, he quickly pick pocketed J before he quickly ran out of the tavern.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2014, 09:41:21 pm »
"so...are you ready to catch a few guys with their pants down?" she frowned "though now that I think about it it would be pretty hard to incapacitate   a high level user...do you have any decent ideas?"

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2014, 09:46:16 pm »
J decided to let the guy go, he kinda expected this to be honest. He really only had his sword and backpack and neither could really be taken, that and his book written in an incomprehensible language and easily replaced with any book and ink.

(I'm guessing that first starters get some basic stuff and no money.)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:51:25 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2014, 09:48:08 pm »
(Wise gains, 0 gold because newbies have no gold)

Maraas looked J over. "I'll find something for you, for now go do....something.. and watch your pockets." Maraas turned his attention once again to Holly. "If we could sneak me behind them a pommel strike could knock them out for a few, or at least make them hazy."

(Wise)
You soon find three guards blocking you. "Activating freeze protocol" You quickly find yourself unable to move, people look on at this spectacle. "You have been caught pickpocketing a new user who is still under good graces, since you have no money to pay the fine you shall remain here until the allotted time." The guards began to walk off slightly glitching as they did so.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2014, 09:54:10 pm »
"That's what the backpack is for, and I have no cash so I'll have to mill creatures a bit." He checked his HUD and nodded. "Maybe...here." he said to himself as he picked a nearby meadow. "Or do you have recommendations?" He asked Maraas.
Mate of WereCat

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2014, 09:55:29 pm »
"Great. How was I supposed to know he was new? I saw the opportunity and took it," Felix thought as he began to struggle to move. He hoped he could somehow get free of this or perhaps find a glitch way out.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2014, 09:58:00 pm »
the sand hovered around her hand in circles "What about blinding them" she gestured to the sand "that'd make it a lot easier to catch them off guard..." she thought for a moment "what if we could use the money we have now on a tranquilizer at the apothecary?"

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2014, 09:59:26 pm »
"You know what, go find the thief, i'll pay you for that. Knowing the sec programs they run here shouldn't be to hard to find him." Maraas waved off J signifying his desire to no longer speak with him.."Well we could do that, I think sand and strike combo would be best, I mean tranqs can get expensive and if we don't recoup our losses."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »
J assumed that admins or such would keep people like him at bay if cought and just decided to go. He clearly wasn't wanted, he headed out and saw someone frozen in the distance and  nodded. Just what he thought would happen, he headed toward the meadow.
Mate of WereCat