Author Topic: Without the third one (IC)  (Read 3502 times)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Without the third one (IC)
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 06:39:13 pm »
"well yes i'm trained, the only weapon I have is this dagger, but it's for skinning, i'd do well with  a short length of chain"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2014, 08:23:53 pm »
As he walked, Dasiwe heard quiet waves dancing on the water surface. This wasn't a good sign and he continued, faster and faster. Suddenly, a huge grey and brown stripped snake with four part jaws blocked his way. It shot itself towards him with gre at speed.

"Yes...  Well,  blacksmith should be able to help you We stand against an organization, please prepare accordingly."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 08:33:59 pm by Isyena »
"Whenever you say no, think about what you might've missed"

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2014, 07:54:34 am »
"if I may ask, what organization? Do they use magic?if so what kind? how skilled are they? How many do they usually send? how many are at their disposal? What weapons do they topically employ? what kind of tactics? do they know martial arts? what fighting styles? are they confident or cautious? all these and more could make a near infinite number of different plans, each with it's own success rate"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2014, 09:18:43 am »
"I am sorry, but I cannot answer your questions fully.They are a group of assassins and thieves that control everything they can from the shadows. They use tricks and ambushes to overpower their enemy." He spoke in resentment "I have no doubts that some among their ranks are able to use magic. They concentrate on being silent and deadly. You should keep your ears and eyes open at all times. And one more thing." He went to a chest and reached for a small vial with colorless liquid inside "If you should ever be paralyzed, drink this now. They like to use paralysis poison. What they don't know is that I analysed it and made this antidote." He opened the door, waiting for you to leave "Go now, at midnight, come to the lake, not far from here. It is open space, it will be easier to fight. I trust you can do this, I kn... Go now, hurry."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2014, 09:39:24 am »
he put he small vial in his mouth, he didn't drink it, he just tucked it into his  cheek under his gum "if i drink it now, I won't have the element of surprise when I magically become un-paralyzed, what would they do if you were not home? and why are they after you?"

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2014, 03:02:35 pm »
"Aaach!"
With little time to grasp for magic, Dasiwe attempts to dodge the incoming snake by throwing himself to the ground and spinning to shield himself with his pack.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »
They would assassinate me easily. It's much harder in the open. Uh...  It's a long story...  Oh well...  I am originally from Ingelum, the city of Intermerata. I was one of the 5 in the council of 6 winds, thus, a high ranking magician of air and exceptional alchemist. This land is poor though. I cannot, but I would make you invincible. I... was making supplies that traveled for Mareta long time ago I am here since I was banished. Even though, I have no connection to it anymore, they continue to threaten me and try to ruin my life. "Alright, be ready." said the alchemist "We will see each other tonight"

The snake missed it's target, thrusting the oily water with a loud splash. Dasiwe got on his feet ready for the snake's next move. The snake cautiously swam around him, readying another attack.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2014, 06:06:39 pm »
"one last question, how powerful is your magic? could you completely denigrate someone with one spell?"

Offline greenfox

• Species: Fox
  • struct fox_t = { .color = COLOR_GREEN };
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2014, 10:25:24 pm »
Dasiwe's confidence surges slightly as he realizes that water is his native element.  He molds the water, throwing several waves at the aggressor with the intention of beating it off, or better yet, drowning it.
"Vira pyveþ maze lirno kaietello jai."
I am only a lone man with ten-thousand dreams.

Weasyl: http://www.weasyl.com/~quyk

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2014, 03:30:39 pm »
(Sameyel, hah it's tough on me)

Sameyel wakes up in a tavern of some sort, but he doesn't remember how he got there.
He looks around - 5 to 6 beds in the same room, but they are all empty. He notices 3 gold coins on his nightstand.
Yelling and horrible singing can be heard from downstairs. Dazed, his look slides towards a window - it's dusk.

(Sorry for the late start)

Sameyel groans, rubbing his temples, a splitting headache starting immediately as he awakens.  He picks up the gold coins and pockets them, looking out the window, he lets out a sigh of relief.  He puts on his cloak and slips out the door, looking for the way out.  Not in a hurry, he figures even though he can't remember, he must have been at the inn legitimately, so why try a daring escape.

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2014, 09:36:30 am »
(sorry I was away from internet)

"I could not do such things, but my Ice manipulation was so powerful that I could freeze this whole town easily. That is why I was also banished. Religious bastards..."  he clenched his fist in anger "I cannot cast spells here in Erinoth since I do not know of any earth magic. If I could, I wouldn't ask for your hand."

Meanwhile, the snake was getting hit by the waves, but they did not affect it much. It kept it's distance from Dasiwe. In a moment, it swam across the marsh water as lightning, reaching out straight for Dasiwe's legs. He staggered back to a tree with nowhere to go.

Hey mister, are you fine? Some man brought you here, paid me to take care of you. You were unconscious. Do you need some information?

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2014, 09:46:09 am »
Sameyel wavers a bit as he stands, he turns to look at the speaker and blinks slowly, "Who brought me here?  Can you describe him?"  He looks around again, "Where is here anyways?  I know it's an inn, but where at?"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2014, 10:04:05 am »
"Eh, I am not sure about his looks because he was wearing a brown hooded robe, yellowish golden belt, but I'm sure he was a wolf, his face was dark grey, quite short actually, around 5.1 feet tall (1.55m)"  He put a sausage on a plate, handing it to Sameyel "Here, eat this. He paid. As for this town, it's a little town north of Ismera lake. Where do you want to go?"

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2014, 10:43:42 am »
Takes a seat and eats the sausage that is offered him, "Thank you.  I am kind of hungry.  Did the wolf say if he was coming back?"  He takes a few more bites, contemplating, then says, "I think I should go south to Ismera.  A visit to the capital may be useful."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2014, 10:51:20 am »
"but you can still use air magic right?"he looked at him curiously

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2014, 11:19:52 am »
"Of course not!  If I could, why would I ask for help?"  He sent a sharp look "I thought you've realised by now. There is no air essence or mana which I can use to cast a spell from. The only thing I've got is alchemy. But... This cannot protect me from assassin." He responded.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 11:21:59 am by Isyena »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2014, 11:31:14 am »
he paused for a moment"then hope to whatever god you pray to that they send mages or i may not be able to help much" he frowned "yes, i'm a martial artist, but most assassins are trained in martial arts as well, I hope I have a style advantage or this could be very bad for the both of us"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2014, 12:02:57 pm »
"Worry not. They are not much more than a bunch of cowards. They may overwhelm us, but there is no sane master that would teach them martial arts. There are perhaps few that would be a problem. I doubt they would go that far to send their most powerful members. - sigh -  and they think I didn't know. But enough of this. Let us go eat something, I believe you didn't eat all day. Neither did I...  Off to the tavern" He stops at the doors and looks Jaggerjack in his eyes. "Don't worry, even though these walls look poor, they are soundproof." He opens the door and says "Let us go now"

The Innkeeper claps his hands trying to kill a fly "You sure should! There's much more things there than here. And it's a nice place to see. Everyone has to go there at least once"  He says giving Sameyel a towel. "I have to go get more wine, you stay here and eat."

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:10:33 pm by Isyena »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2014, 12:36:14 pm »
"well thank you for your offer, as for no sane instructor teaching them...that's exactly what i'm worried about"

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2014, 03:33:45 pm »
Sameyel eats slowly and thoughtfully as he contemplates this situation.  He doesn't remember what happened to him.  He had last been making his way in this direction looking for work as he went, but he isn't sure why he lost consciousness and who the wolf was.  Even more worrisome to him was that he was at least 3 days away from were he is now last he remembered. 

He would gather his strength for a day or so before moving on.  Perhaps something will happen to remind him what went on in the meantime.

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 05:28:13 pm »
" Martial arts are one rare thing among many that is unusual to appear at all. I know of monks up in the mountains that do train along with earth magic. If you wish to train, you should try reaching them."  He says while they were walking towards the inn "I've been spying on them since I arrived here. I could not miss a thing like that."  They arrived to the inn "Where should we sit? Maybe there, in the corner."  They sat near a white rat eating sausage. "I'll pay,  I need to pay you somehow..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 06:38:55 pm »
"you said you'd pay me by teaching me alchemy, that alone is pay enough, As for training...i'm actually training right now...have been for several hours" a look over him and he appears to be acting ordinary, but staring for am few minutes you notice his muscles tensing and untensing as he sits in the booth

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 06:57:03 am »
The alchemist starts laughing heartily "But you can't train skills alone." He responds. Sameyel overhears their conversation.
"I've heard their magic is quite advanced. Maybe they could help you grasp the mana better, have better control." -  "Good evening, do you want something to eat?" The innkeeper says while walking towards them. "I would like some stew"

(mix in)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:19:09 am by Isyena »

Offline Remley Bishop

• Male
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2014, 08:08:54 am »
Sameyel's ears perk up as he can't help but overhear the conversation when the topic of advanced magic came up.  He waits a few moments for the innkeeper to take their order, then turns around to face the pair, letting out a little cough, "Excuse me..  I couldn't help but overhear a little of your conversation.  Can I ask who it is that you were speaking about with advances magic?"

Offline Isyena

• Male
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2014, 08:27:11 am »
The alchemist pauses for a second and then says "I believe there are monks up in the eastern mountains that practice martial arts along with earth magic. I don't think they would refuse teaching some things, but there are some methods, spells and rituals so powerful that only the highest members could use. They are mostly forbidden in that case. Why would you be interested in this if I may ask?"