Author Topic: Aurora's Light(IC)  (Read 7198 times)

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
Aurora's Light(IC)
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:57:45 am »
They stole her from me. They took from us what we valued more than our own lives. They desecrated our sacred fortress, believed to be unbreachable, and seized her. There had been now warning. There had been no demand. There had only been a raid that took from us what we held dearest to our hearts before we knew what had happened. Now they will pay. Their blood will water the ground upon which they tread for millennium to come! They will feel the wrath that they incurred, and they will die! Slowly, painfully, agonizingly, piece by bloody piece... We will rip their soul asunder, they will not have an afterlife, no hell is bad enough for them! They shall be utterly obliterated from the cosmos, nothing will be left in all the mega verse of them!!! SO SHALL BE THE FATE OF THOSE WHO STOLE MY DAUGHTER FROM ME!!! ~Bloodsworn oath made by Justin Silva following the kidnapping of Aurora Silva.

Justo stood up from his throne in the grand throne room of the castle, his voice booming throughout the massive chamber as he slammed the butt of the ceremonial spear of Molten Core down upon the stone floor, sending a boom reverberating through the grand throne room. "SILENCE!! COME FORTH AND SPEAK, YOU WHO HAVE ANSWERED MY CALL FOR CHAMPIONS!" He called, looking down at the group before the steps up to the dais where the three thrones were. "Make yourselves known to us, where you hail from, and why you have come. Do not lie." He said softer, in a still clearly heard voice. "One at a time." He finished, remaining standing to study each champion as they came forth.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Aurora's Light(IC)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:28:10 am »
Prowl remained seated next to where Justin was, in full battle dress. She hadn't yet come down from the bloodlust from nearly a week ago. Her body was still set for a fight, the slightest things testing her patience, such as this introduction of all of the warriors. She knew it was vital to know who each was, but she was still on edge, and ready to tear someone apart; this was not to hard to see from the expression on her face.

--------------meanwhile, in the Veran Empire capital-------------

"My friends and allies..." Empress Rhine practically purred, her voice velvet. "I am so glad you could make it to this war council. You see, I have, after extensive planning, set into motion certain events. Events which have the potential to change this world forever; to change it in our favor. However, I cannot, I'm sad to admit, continue these events on my own. At some point, I am going to need the help of each of you, my closest allies... I would rather not wait until the need for aide is dire. So, I have asked you all here now... Together, we can overrun the War Wolves and their allies. So let me ask you... Are you with me?" She signaled behind her back to her guards. Anyone who turned down helping her would likely not be allowed to leave; instead, they'd be locked in the dungeon until they changed their minds.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:47:06 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:07:21 am »
Cortney opened his eyes. The sounds of drunken revelry filled his ears. His eyes sting as smoke began to fill them. He looked down at the table. 'Pocket Aces' He thought to himself. He looked around at the other players partaking in this game. Shifty no good thieves down to the core, but there was no better people to play poker with. The center of the table had gold coins and jewels, everybody eyeing them as they walked by. Bets were made and cards were dealt, Cortney came out on top, four-of-a-kind. He began to pocket his winnings as everybody grumbled and swore. "Thank ye kindly gents. A round for these fine fellows!" He was met with cheers as he left. Once outside he took in a deep breath, salty air filling his lungs, it may not have been his port, but any port was home to him. He walked down the docks a ways and passed off his winnings to his crew. "We cast off soon so ready the crew"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 06:29:26 am »
One of the shapes in the throne room stepped forwards, a beggar in a ragged cloak that covered his face, it completely ignored Justin for the time being "Prowl...it's been awhile, you seem to be doing well for yourself"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:38:26 am »
(Bad move, friend... Sky, I would suggest holding her back...)

Prowl jumped to her feet, her blade in her hand before she was even up completely. She moved slowly toward the beggar, her sword shaking almost invisibly. "You're wasting my time, fool."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 11:40:06 am »
As cortney went to his ship, a swift war galleon of one of the pirate lords pulled in. "Ahoy captain! Ye king be Callin' a Council O' Captains in da main hall!" The captain of the ship called out to cortney as they pulled in and hastily moored. Already the other captains and some of their crew were headed up the main road to the fort, where the current pirate king of verrafirm resided. It rotated every two years between the seven pirate isles.

Justin quickly intervened. "Guards!" He called, as he quickly moved to place himself directly in prowl's path. "Prowl! Not now!" He said desperately, trying to reason with her as four guards surrounded the appearent beggar, for his own protection more than anything else as they began to move him away from the throne dais. "Please, prowl, listen to me." Justin begged, now entering a defensive stance with the spear as his weapon.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 11:57:14 am »
Prowl stopped, glancing between the beggar and Justin. After a moment, she turned away. "Our daughter is gone and this fool is trying to make conversation. I just... I snapped I guess..." She sheathed her blade and sighed. She returned to her throne, closing her eyes and focusing on her breathing to calm herself.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 12:06:20 pm »
As cortney went to his ship, a swift war galleon of one of the pirate lords pulled in. "Ahoy captain! Ye king be Callin' a Council O' Captains in da main hall!" The captain of the ship called out to cortney as they pulled in and hastily moored. Already the other captains and some of their crew were headed up the main road to the fort, where the current pirate king of verrafirm resided. It rotated every two years between the seven pirate isles.

Cortney silently nodded waved in acknowledgment. He thought to himself as he walked. 'Time again already, I swear if anything happens that puts my crew or myself in jeopardy, hell even if it threatens our livelihood I may just turn to privateering.' He took a deep breath before entering the congregation of pirates
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 12:24:54 pm »
"Is that anyway to greet' he pulled back his hood "a childhood friend? I didn't come here for king Justin, I didn't come here for molten core" he pulled off the ratty cloak revealing his clothing "I didn't even come here for queen Prowl" he smiled "I came for the only person who made me second guess faking my death, my best friend, i'm pleased to make your acquaintance king Justin, My name is Jacoby Quinn, but you can call me Jaggerjack"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 12:47:43 pm »
Prowl's eyes popped open, and she studied him for a moment. She stood and walked up to him, then circled him a couple times, checking his scent against her memories. "You're dead." She said after a moment. "Or you were..." She almost smiled, and were the circumstances not what they were, she would have. "It's good to see you..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 12:55:52 pm »
"Prowl, I was fooling and outrunning guards at the age of twelve, you really think I couldn't fake my death?" he chuckled "it's good to see you, i'd ask how you are doing, but if the answer were as I wished I'd still be dead,so the real question is...what can I do to help?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 01:35:15 pm »
Blades stood up and began to walk up with a bode of confidence, Leilani standing right next to him. She seemed a bit apprehensive but she was willing to go with her big brother and help as she could. Blades kneeled over, bowing as a sign of respect for Prowl and Justin till they were called upon.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 08:34:55 pm »
"For now, you can wait... I must see to these others." She turned to Blades and Leilani. "Stand up and tell us who you are. I don't just mean your names either."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 04:32:03 pm »
Blades stood up at Prowl's command, standing straight and with pride. "Blades of military house Tavare...me and my sister here hail from Icegate, devouts of Silna. I stand ready to fight, Queen Prowl."

Leilani stood after he'd finished "I'm Leilani Rosario, Blades' sister by marriage. I may not be skilled as my brother with weapons but for my age i'm pretty skilled in magic. Where he goes, I will also. Honor and Courage, as is the Tavare creed.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 04:45:17 pm »
Justin relaxed his stance and turned to Jaggerjack, sighing in relief with a benevolent look on his face. "Go with prowl to one of the castle solars, I'll be with you shortly. You two have some catching up to do." He said, and turned to prowl. "Go with him, my love. You need to. I haven't seen you even look remotely happy, since this began, and he almost made you smile. Go, I'll handle these." He begged her quietly, before turning to Blades and Leilani. "Rise, you whom seek to be our champions, and make yourselves known to my court." Justin commanded them, as the audience of dukes, earls, barons, lords, counts and countesses, as well as other important knights and nobles, entered the hall. They stood on either side of the great central gold trimmed blue velvet carpet that led to the dais upon which Justin stood.

Aurora snarled at the guards taking her from her room. "Lemme go! I'm not some stupid trophy for you to show off!!" she said, kicking, biting, and doing anything else she could to physically cause the armored guards harm.

Lord Titus Adran the 2nd looked at the empress, albeit disdainfully. "Pray tell, why would a kingdom such as mine risk it's vast fortunes of your resource starved pitiful excuse of an empire?" He asked, as others around the table nodded. Why should they support the Veran Empire?

The big great hall of the fort was already full of shouting pirates with a few of their crew, almost ready to boil over into a fight, if their weapons weren't collected as the entered the fort. "Why are we here??" "The king said so!" "Off with his head!!" "By hell's anvil you will!!" "Death to rigarum bartoni!!" "Death to Garand Sylvuim!!" The shouting match escalated from there until a well dressed figure in an ornate captain's hat over some expensive robes entered. "King on deck!" "Sah!" All the pirates said, and saluted. "Quiet now, we all can make some pretty coin off O' this meeting. The Molten Core king wants help to find 'is daughter, and the Veran Empress wants help to attack molten core." The pirate king said, and paused. "Both of 'em are promising rewards, so I says send a ship to molten core and a couple to Veran!" He said, and then elaborated with a grin. "BOTH O' DEM'S GOLD FOR US ALL!!"
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 07:10:28 pm »
Prowl simply nodded and started out of the room, motioning for Jaggerjack to follow. "I need to get out of there anyways... Before I kill someone."

"Because, Titus..." Diana said, purposefully using his name without his title, though her voice was still silk. "Several reasons... The first is that I have in my possession elite armor from each of the kingdoms represented at this table. My armies are on their way to Molten Core as we speak, several platoons wearing the afore-mentioned armor. If you don't ally with my empire, they will still believe you are... Do you see where I'm going with this, Titus? Another reason is this..."

One of the guards laughed. "She's feisty, this one." The other chuckled and clamped a muzzle on her while the first latched cuffs on her. They led he into the meeting room where Enpress Rhine and her "allies" were, her clothing making it quickly apparent who she was.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 08:50:18 pm »
Titus's eyes hardened as she used his name without his title, and a retort was forming in his mind as she carried on. his lips parted to draw breath for the retort before he gasped in shock as Aurora was brought in. Several others at the table gasped as well, while most simply stared in shock and awe at her. "By wersalis's black scythe!!" he exclaimed in disbelief. "Is that?...."

Aurora still struggled as she was brought in the room, but halted most over her efforts for the most part, trying to identify the various leaders around the table. she relaxed herself, to get the guards off guard, and then suddenly threw all of her weight forward to pull away.

Justin looked down at blades and leilani. He nodded, and sighed. "Your reasons are clear, you've acted with proper protocol in your addressing me, and you've not faltered in your resolve to journey this far. Come, son and daughter of house Tavare of Icegate, follow me. I wish to speak with you of news from the great Icegate Citadel." he said, and turned around, heading down the dais to the hallway right behind the three thrones, flanked by six of the Phoenix Guard, just as prowl was surrounded by six of the war wolf elite.
10K post club.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:07 am »
"mmm Trust me I know the feeling" he looked around them "hey wanna go have some fun?" he bent down for a whisper "we'd have to lose the entourage"

Offline Jackie

• Species: Sherbet Red Panda
  • Be Wild...
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 11:06:44 am »
Bernard let out a yawn as he leaned against the side of the ship, peering pensively down at the water playing across the ships hull below. He looked tired, if not a little ill, in a very baggy linen shirt, and some yellow buckskin breeches, with riding boots.

He let out a groan as the ship heaved, and gripped the side of it quickly.

"Master Bernard!....Sir!....Sir!" Came a loud and overly enthusiastic voice from behind him, partnered by the sound of boots running across the deck, he almost certainly knew this voice as it made him close his eyes and cringe in response. "...Yes...Tarquin?"  Bernard said in a drawling and bored voice as he turned himself slowly to face the very out of breath young fox, carrying what looked to be a piece of paper and a small bottle. He was very well dressed in fine clothes, yet looked as scruffy furred and grubby as any one of the sailors.

The fox opened the note catching his breath as he did so, "The rudder man asked me to inform you that we're on course, if not ahead of schedule, he also says that the wind is headed side on, which is why there's so much bucking, but he says that these are dangerous waters so we need to take this route to stay out of the hot spots......sorry....also! The ships physician says to drink this!" He said this all very quickly, which took Bernard some effort to take in.

The ursine took the bottle curious to inspect it, and give it a rather discontented sniff.

"Thank you Tarquin" he said in the same unamused voice, with a tone as if to say, go away now, and a wave of his paw, before letting his head rest on the side of the ship with a long groan. "I hate sea travel" he muttered to himself.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 11:11:02 am by The bear guy »
* The bear guy * "There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip." ~ Henry McCarty ^_~

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 11:13:24 am »
Diana simply nodded and caught Aurora by her cuffs, using her powers. "It is." She Lifted Aurora by her cuds so she couldn't struggle again, and dismissed the guards wih a wave. "Now, Titus, tell me where you stand."

Prowl shook her head. "Some other time, I might have... Now, though..."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 11:21:46 am »
he sighed "well then...y'know...all this kinda makes  me wish...never mind" he looked over at her "so what have you been doing for the past nine years?"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 11:15:12 am by whtwolf »

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 11:27:46 am »
Aurora stopped struggling and simply hung there in mid-air, angry at being stolen, angry at being helpless, and angry everything in general. silent tears made their way down the side of her muzzle, and she closed her eyes, trying to pull herself together and not show weakness before Diana. 'I am a war wolf, I am strong, I am untouchable, I am a war wolf, I am strong, I am untouchable...' she mentally repeated the mantra to herself in her head as she tried to pull herself together.

Titus stood and placed his right paw over his heart, curled into a fist, the sunstar salute. "Milady, what do you require of my humble kingdom?" he asked, looking at Diana, as he pledged his allegiance to her. If she could snatch the very daughter of justin and prowl, then she could do anything. the other leaders at the table rose and saluted her in their own kingdom's way, pledging their allegiance.

The War Wolf Elite lieutenant in charge of prowl's detail paused for a moment and turned to face them "Milady, since the incident, you must be accompanied by at least six of the elite at all times, and should you ever be alone, those who were suppose to be with you are to be executed on sight, regardless of their excuse. Your safety is now more important than all else."
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 11:55:22 am »
"Good... Good..." Diana muttered, plans forming in her mind. "Lord Titus, I want you and (insert name of another leader here.) to gather your forces and focus them on Icegate. Maldir, you and(insert another leader's name here) gather your forces and focus them on Molten core. "Everyone else, you're with me, taking down the kingdom of Lupirnen; the ones who tried to claim my empire." Aurora floated down to the floor and two of the guards stepped forward and took her, their red armor shining in the torch light. The guards started escorting her back to her chamber, only to be interrupted by a Mage. "Take her to my office, Empress' orders..."

Prowl rolled her eyes. "Lieutenant... You know as well as my husband does, I am very capable of protecting myself... And you both know I hold as much power over you as he does... If I so wanted, I could redact his order."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:42:47 pm by Sledge »

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »
Blades and Leilani followed Justin through the hallway. "Just stay close to me Leilani, this will be dangerous regardless of where in the ranks we are." Leilani simply nodded. He redirected his attention to Justin "What news from Icegate?"

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 02:05:49 pm »
Aurora glared at the Mage in hatred, now composed again, and directing her anger at her captors once more. "As you wish milady." Titus replied, turning to leave and prepare his nation's armies for war. He paused, before turning to face the empress again. "Milady, what of high ridge and Avalon? They will surely come to Molten Core's aid as quick as they can." He asked, returning to his seat, mentally cursing himself for not thinking of this earlier.

Justin led them to his office and sat behind his large desk, gesturing for them to take seats before him as the six Phoenix guard were joined by four more. "I have not received word from their embassy in some time, I was going to ask you for some news from icegate. Is your leadership currently simply too busy in other diplomatic affairs to bother with detailed reports now and then?" He asked, as a pair of servants came in, one with a tray of fine cordials and the other with a tray of fine sweet pastries.

The lookout of Bernard's Ship spotted sails in the distance, closing at speed twice as fast as they were making. The ship was flying the colors of an imperial ambassador, from the Phoenix Empire(Molten Core's official name). The ship was at least three decks and had a forecastle and rear castle that were a deck above the ship's middle. She had three mainmasts with a fore and mizzenmast, with sails trimmed in blue and silver, the coat of arms emblazoned on each one. Her hull was made from ironwood and had silver and mithril plating with blue steel armor and several ballista ports on each side, though she no doubt carried a group of mages that were her primary ship killers. She flew a flag of truce and goodwill as she drew near.
10K post club.