Author Topic: The Set-up (1x1 with Sledge)  (Read 23534 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: The Set-up (1x1 with Sledge)
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 01:42:35 am »
Star nodded and quickly flipped the light switch off as soon as she found it. "Got anything to drink? After that mission, I'm freaking thirsty..."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 01:48:41 am »
Suddenly the voice changes to sound normal for once. The voice sounded close to her age which was relatively young instead of what could have been an old man behind the distorted voice. "Sorry. I can drop the voice now that it's just us and you're not on a mission. I'd check the fridge in the kitchen. I recommend water. But I do have just about everything else."
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2014, 01:54:13 am »
"I was actually thinking water anyways..." She shrugged and pressed the button on the side of her mask to shift the dark lenses out of the way. She opened the refrigerator and just about blinded herself. She had long ago removed the light from hers, and forgotten most had bulbs in them... Working bulbs... She quickly grabbed a water and stumbled away from the fridge and onto the couch. She sat back once her sight returned and she knew where she had landed, and twisted the cap off of the water. "So... Any word from our employer?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 02:03:54 am »
"Yeah. Soon as we ship this baby to him we get four-hundred grand each. Pretty high paying job for something that seemed pretty simple," he said turning the cameras on outside his room. The cameras had night vision lenses installed just in case. "Why are you still wearing that mask by the way?"
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 09:38:44 am »
"Why are you still hiding in that room?" She asked to make her point. "And most would ask why I turned the lights off and only work at night..."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:54:11 am by Sledge »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2014, 11:13:39 am »
"Well I'm not most. I could tell your eyes are something special to the night with the way you reacted to the fridge just now," the voice said with a chuckle. "To answer your question I'm in this room to keep my secret identity. If I were found out and I so happened to have the cops arrest me, I would be gone for a lot longer than you."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2014, 11:37:04 am »
"Thus the reason I have my mask on." She kicked her feet up on the arm of the couch and laid her head back on the other arm. "And yes, my eyes are... Special... I have hyper-developed night sight... It also means I have an aversion to light... It hurts..."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:38:53 am by Sledge »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2014, 11:44:31 am »
"Well that's certainly a weakness huh? Sorry to hear that. I'm just surprised that you're not trying to get in my room. I guess I'm glad you respect my privacy. Unlike others I've worked with," the voice said with a relieved sigh.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2014, 11:55:44 am »
"I could try if you want..." She shrugged. "I just don't particularly care to... Besides, the technology's more your thing... About the only way I would try to get through that lock would be to destroy it... I'm guessing you wouldn't like that..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2014, 11:58:57 am »
"No. No I wouldn't," Rex said quietly. "I know it must be weird to work with someone you have no idea about what he looks like. But I suppose one day you could meet me. Just gotta be nice about it," he said rather jokingly.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2014, 12:01:47 pm »
"I work with a lot of people without knowing what they look like..." She said. "I never let it bother me... They never see my face either."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2014, 12:03:53 pm »
"Well that makes sense," the voice said being quiet for a few minutes. "Hey um... crazy idea. How about we meet face to face, ya know? You don't look like the kind that would sell me out."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 12:06:25 pm »
"Maybe if you're real nice about it..." She laughed. "I'm not much on showing my face, but... You sell me out, I sell you out... However, there is the problem of light..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2014, 12:08:56 pm »
"Oh yeah. Well... you can see in the dark right? I can see in some pretty dim light being used to being inside. I don't know. What do you think," the voice asked.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2014, 12:10:47 pm »
She nodded, thinking, then reached back and unbuckled her mask; she didn't remove it yet, though. "You coming out here?"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2014, 12:17:38 pm »
"Yeah yeah. I'm comin," the voice said as the door slowly opened with a creak. The shadowed figure closed the door behind him and locked it by pressing a code on the datapad. "Well... here I am," he said not quite being able to see in the dark. Before her stood a young German Shepherd that looked around her age. He didn't look too bad and had some average muscle tone. He had crystal blue eyes however and the thing that made him unique was a vertical scar going down from his forehead to the bottom of his right eye.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2014, 12:20:38 pm »
"Interesting..." Dani said, removing her mask to reveal the shocking appearance of her eyes, what with one being ice blue surrounded by white fur, and the other being dark blue surrounded by black, and both highly dilated. "Though, if I do say so myself, not quite as interesting as my own appearance..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2014, 12:23:17 pm »
"I'd uh... say so," Rex said seeing her appearance and not quite knowing what to do now. He blushed softly hoping she didn't notice. "I uh... guess I should head back to my room," he said awkwardly turning back to the datapad and began to enter the long code to access his room.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2014, 12:30:17 pm »
Dani laughed, easily noticing his blushing, even in the dark of the room. "It's ok... I don't bite... At least, not hard... You don't have to leave just because you're attracted to me..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2014, 12:33:03 pm »
"Nobody ever said I was attracted to you," Rex said obviously lying as the code was put in correctly. "Gah. You made me put the wrong code in Star. Let me focus okay?" He began to enter the code in once more, nearly panicking to get in his room.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2014, 12:41:21 pm »
She just laughed again. "Your face said it all... Or have you already forgotten I can see really well in the dark? Plus, why else would you be in such a hurry to get into your room you enter the wrong code? You going in there to do something private?" She asked suggestively.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2014, 12:46:41 pm »
"No. Of course not! I just uh... need to go to bed now. I just think we've seen enough of each other is all," he said finally after two tries inputting the code correctly. He quickly walked inside and closed the door behind him, locking it with the code. He must have left his intercom on because Star could hear his worried whispers. "I knew it was a stupid idea. Hey let's go meet the thief we actually get along with. Yeah right," he said with a sigh afterwards. Star then realized she still didn't know his name. But perhaps that didn't really bother her.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2014, 12:50:55 pm »
Dani chuckled and laid back down across the couch. "Has anyone ever told you you're kinda cute when you're embarrassed?"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2014, 12:53:00 pm »
Rex was all of a sudden silent before he noticed his intercom was on. "Oh man," he said in a panic before quickly turning it off. It seemed like that was the last she was going to hear from him in a while. Or was it?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2014, 01:01:18 pm »
"You can still talk to me, ya know?" She said. "I mean... Oh, forget it... I embarrassed you, I get it... You're probably done talking to me now, huh?"