Author Topic: Tales from the forest (feral RP, IC)  (Read 12728 times)

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
Tales from the forest (feral RP, IC)
« on: July 29, 2014, 09:37:06 am »
The rain fell down on the seemingly eternal twilight of the twilit vale. birds cried from the trees, frogs croaked, and other small wild animals added their voices to the torrents cacophanic pattering. a valley, nestled between a ring of mountains, with a long winding river, and several waterfalls near the mountains. Huge pines and some leaved trees reached for the sky. and beneth the trees, a secret war was threatening to burst forth....

Blackrose scented the ground again, ears pricked carefully. he was tracking a familiar scent, but the name just wouldnt come to him. he was worried. while his brother was capable of leading the pack, he was still always nervous about hunting alone. something just gave him light chills.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
Re: Tales from the forest (feral RP, IC)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:41 pm »
Dawnbreaker awoke, laying under an outcropping of rock, sniffing the air, as rain fell down, his ears lay back as a sense of unease, like impending thunder, subdued him.  He felt a vision was soon to come, and prayed to Luna that the Moonstalkers will endure the trials likely to come.  He arose with a yawn and looked around to see who else was awake.

Offline Blinded Wolf

• Species: Canis lupus occidentalis
  • a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:59:40 am »
The darkness of the twilight vale blanketed the sky, shrouding almost all of the stars and seemingly devouring the moonlight. Ryven arose from his slumber groggy, disheveled, and soaking wet. He had fallen asleep outside again and was drenched by the constant down pour. Though he didn't mind, he never did, Ryven seemed to have a special kind of apathy when it came to taking care of himself. He slowly shuffled over to the river and caught himself a fish. The sound of water rushing into the rocks on the river banks brought a calming feeling to Ryven. He peered up into the storm clouds and starred into the void as the rain pelted his face. And for Ryven that small fraction of time felt perfect... too perfect...

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 05:54:09 am »
Sky padded out of his den, taking a moment to survey the valley from the ledge outside, sighing softly as he gazed out over his home. BlackRose was out hunting, he knew, alone. His brother never liked doing that. But in his absence, he led the pack until blackrose returned. Collecting his thoughts, sky padded around the corner of the cliff side into the upstream clan camp proper. It was in a J shape when viewed from above, with his den on the outside part of the J's arm. He chose to live there because it gave him privacy, and he could serve as a lookout for danger. The ledge his den was on went around to go before Blackrose's den and then ramp down into the camp proper. Most of the dens were in the curved part of the J, so there was a common meeting place and occasionally a kill pile before the Alpha's Den. Skyfire padded down into the camp as everyone was stretching or waiting patiently outside their dens. The two guards, more a formality than anything, still sat upright and alert by the gap in the thornbush wall at the mouth of the curve, dutifully staying until relieved. Sky looked at them, and frowned. "Star, Greenleaf, go take your posts and send Lake and Treefall to get some sleep." Skyfire said, going about the first order of business. The second would be meeting all the other clans on time at Whiterock clearing for the morning gathering. "Everyone else, unless youre nursing pups, follow me! Upstream clan has never been late before and we're not starting now! Ryven, that means you too!" he barked.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:40:01 am by SkyFire »
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 09:21:29 am »
Liliana appeared beside Sky, bumping her shoulder against his. "Morning, Beta..." Her voice was like the night, dark, quiet, soft; much like black velvet. "Sleep well?" Her scent had a strange edge to it today, and if he wasn't too preoccupied, he would recognize it.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Blinded Wolf

• a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 11:40:58 am »
Ryven surprisingly wasn't asleep when he heard Sky barking orders. Ryven always hated the leadership types, but he loved the calmness of the upstream and thought the trade off was worth it. "Yeah, yeah I'm coming," he grumbled as he left behind the serenity of the stream and headed to Whiterock clearing with the rest of the pack.

Ryven somehow ended up towards the front of the pack near. He noticed Sky and Liliana heading the pack having a small chat. Ryven proceeded to interrupt "Eh, Sky when's Blackrose coming back?" Ryven never intended that statement to be an insult, but it came out as an insult to Sky's leadership. Again Ryven's carelessness got the better of him and after that statement he spent the rest of the trip towards the back of the pack, quietly shambling along towards Whiterock clearing.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 11:24:40 am »
Liliana glared at Ryven as he fell back to the rear of the pack. She had been trying to be alone with Sky. As lead huntress, she held a higher rank than rank than Ryven; she decided to remind him of this later. She brushed up against Sky again as she turned back to the front. "Speaking of The alpha though, any idea why he went hunting alone? Other than that he's the alpha?"
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 01:43:35 pm »
Blackrose sniffed at the scent, trying to place it, an uneasy feeling building in his gizzard. his thoughts were interrupted by a croaking laugh from a crow. When he shook his head at the silly brd and refocused, there was another wolf there. A lithe, atheltic wolf stood there, pure snow white fur, with red eyes. Her scent was undeniably female, and she gazed with playful irreverance at Blackrose. He snarled, hackles raising. "Phobe....." She smirked, slowly circling. "Greetings Rose, why are you out here all alone. I thought you shadows always stuck to each others backs?" He snorted. "And i thought you Moonstalkers kept to yourselves?" "Well, wheres the fun in that? Besides, im looking for someone." Blackrose tilted his head. "Looking for someone? Who?" She considered him for a moment, then answered. "One of my clans females was with pup, and shes gone missing. I need to find her before she gives birth."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 01:46:32 pm »
Quinn sat dead center of where the meeting usually was, he idly considered the fact that he was probably in the way as he started in on his breakfast, a small harpy eagle. he stretched lazily in the warm rising sun "Theyll  get over it"
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2014, 09:17:02 am »
Blackrose frowned. "Ive not seen any females like that. Look near the downstream delta, the best herbs grow there." The other Alpha nodded. "Thanks...." She walked by him, not before nipping his flank and prancing off, tail held high. Blackrose shook. "I hate that woman...." Just before there was a forest shatting bang, and everything went dark.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2014, 05:03:53 pm »
Sky immediately stopped, hearing the super-loud bang.  "Stop!" he ordered, and then a sudden fear gripped him as he knew that if anyone was hurt, it would be his brother. "Everyone, carry on to the meeting, Ryven, Liliana, come with me. You too, Barktail." He barked, keeping his voice flat and urgent. "Wait at the meeting grounds, if we need help expect Barktail." He ordered, trotting away from the group to wait for his chosen wolves.

Quinn saw the upstream clan arrive. However, there was a feeling of crisis about them, as they milled about anxiously, some pacing, a couple sitting down to talk anxiously amongst themselves. He noticed that SkyFire was absent, as well as Blackrose, the Alpha and the Beta. So was Liliana, the Lead Huntress.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2014, 05:12:23 pm »
"Something tells me that sound wasn't good..." Liliana said, sighing as she was forced to put aside her own needs for the moment. She scented the air, checking for signs of whatever had caused the bang.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2014, 06:43:07 pm »
Quinn eyed the group suspiciously, then went back to eating,waiting to see if they would address him.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blinded Wolf

• a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2014, 03:10:24 am »
Ryven jumped immediately after he heard the large bang. He quickly made his way towards to front of the pack and heard Sky shouting at him to hurry up. Why me Ryven thought to himself as he picked up his pace to join the others. Though Ryven knew the real reason why. The reason was one of the only things Ryven was not apathetic about, his job in the pack. As a scout Ryvven took it upon himself to memorizing the entirety of the Shadows' territory. There was not even a single twig within the region that Ryven did not know about. As Ryven moved on something triggered within him and he became ecstatic. "This way!" he shouted to the others, "Don't ask how I know this but, I know the general area where Blackrose tends to hunt. It's somewhere near the downstream delta."

Ryven dove off the established path and began running full speed towards the delta. To Ryven the direction to travel was clear, he bobbed and weaved in between the trees, bushes, and roots making quick work of the path. He placed all of his focus into his job ensuring that he made it to the delta as swiftly and efficiently as possible, always choosing the best path. Though even when he was motivated by his job, Ryven was still careless. As he neared the delta he looked back to find that he had completely abandoned the group. He wasn't concerned for them, they knew the way to the delta and would hopefully be here shortly. Ryven was more concerned about himself or what would become of him when the others caught up. Ryven figured that Sky would scold him and beat him with disdain, but that was not his concern. It was Liliana, she's gonna rip my throat out or worse for abandoning them, Ryven thought to himself. In that moment he thought up an idea to try and mend the situation. "I'll say my plan was  to rush ahead to the delta and pick some herbs to treat any of Blackrose's possible wounds and then meet them on their way over here" Ryve said as he thought aloud, something he tended to do when he was nervous. "Then I can claim I abandoned them out of foresight and efficiency rather than ignorance."

Ryven made his way swiftly to the delta, but just as swiftly he stopped. There was another wolf at the delta. The wolf, with pure white fur, seemed to be looking for something. Out of curiosity Ryven slwoly approached the wolf, "Hey you! Why aren't you at the meet... wait..." Ryven was lost for words. He did not recognize this white wolf and the words slipped from his mouth, "A-are you a moons-s-stalker?"

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2014, 09:25:36 am »
Dawnbreaker found that his pack had apparently left for the meeting at Whiterock, so he trotted off on his own.  He felt on edge, his tail down, and his ears flat as he walked.  Then the loud bang cut through the air, shattering his thoughts, he stopped in his tracks, ears perked, his eyes glazed over as his mind worked frantically. 

His vision turned inside himself and Luna's gift to him showed him a glimpse of something.  A few moments later he shook his head, and he swallowed dryly.  He broke out into a run, growling to himself, "This won't do at all.."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2014, 09:29:22 am »
(Ryven): The wolf looked at him, a pretty female with red eyes. "Why yes little scout. im the moon stalker alpha in fact. And you, your a s-s-s-s-shadow arent you?" She gave him a winning smile, despite the mocking tone of her comment.

(Sky & Lilliana): Soon, the rest of the wolves found a large hole in the ground, where it looked like rubble had slid down, and dank moist air flowed out. The rain was muddling scents, though this was perilously close to moonstalker territory

"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2014, 11:16:58 pm »
(everyone is running around panicking,i'm just sitting here eating some burd)
quinn frowned at the silence of the group ~I could ask....or keep eating~  he went back to his meal

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2014, 11:18:41 pm »
(Well, stop eating burd and become a more dynamic character)
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2014, 11:31:15 pm »
(but I enjoy my burd)

Quinn finished his food, picking the bones clean "so where is your alpha? and that annoying beta?" he never got along with the beta...especially since the beta always chased him away from the pack when he was trying to flirt with the females.

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 12:06:12 am »
Frostfell, the current acting alpha, snarled at the packless folf. "Nowhere you need concern yourself lone one."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:32 am »
he shrugged "oh whatev-" he caught a scent and quirked his ears "interesting...well I don't have time for you" he began to follo the mell

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 12:53:09 am »
"Cool." Liliana said, looking down into the hole in the ground, then against all better judgement, started down into it. "Let's check it out."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2014, 01:03:05 am »
The eerie hole was sickeningly scented with the smell of rot and fungus. it was also dark, and confusingly shaped. Soon Quinn was catching up with the pack.
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2014, 01:32:02 am »
Liliana stopped when the scent became stronger. She looked around, marked her territory, and turned back around towards the Beta.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 03:34:49 am »
the scent briefly got stronger as he broke through the trees spotting liliana  "well hello there"