Author Topic: Tales from the forest (feral RP, IC)  (Read 12691 times)

Offline Blinded Wolf

• Species: Canis lupus occidentalis
  • a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
Re: Tales from the forest (feral RP, IC)
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2014, 01:13:57 am »
Ryven's ears perked at the word "alpha". He had never had much social experience, especially with higher ups. To make matters worse he never really interacted with females either, unless it was Liliana beating him for his insubordination. However he mustered up his confidence and spoke, "So... my name's Ryven... and yes I am a scout of the moon stalkers... I mean shadows," he was obviously nervous and was doing everything he could to prevent his tail from going in between his legs. Though before the other wolf had a chance to respond Ryven began to ramble nervously thinking aloud, "Why is she here? What am I going to do? Did she cause that loud bang earlier? Why me? More importantly why is she smiling at me?" After that he stopped stone cold staring into her red eyes as he realized that he had just been thinking out loud and she heard everything.

Offline Blackrose13

• Species: Fox/wolf/corgi/other canine
  • The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2014, 01:27:51 am »
She smirked, pacing around him smugly. "Well then my little scout, ill tell you. No, i didnt cause that bang, though i am curious to know who did. Im here looking for someone. Your going to do exactly i tell you, and its you, because well, its always the scouts who have the dangerous jobs." She suddenly body checked him, knocking him over and growling down at him, though her eyes glinted with mischief
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)
Official Game master status! :D
"As long as theres music, ill keep on dancing!"

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:43 am »
(Oh dear... Just wait till Lili catches the scent of a moon stalker on one of her hunters...   (: )
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline SkyFire

• Species: Pheonus Vulneras
  • The Sky is grey, for my Rose did fade away.
  • Male
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2014, 09:43:23 am »
(Whether or not she does anything about it will depend on if she's omega from mating a certain folf.)

SkyFire growled, "LEAVE!! Or we won't chase you off, we'll kill you off!!!" He threatened, trying bring this conflict to an end already.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2014, 09:58:42 am »
"Aw... I was having fun watching you two fight over me..." Liliana said, pressing her shoulder up against Sky's. "sorry, sweety... I know my path; being an omega isn't on the way. You were just a means to an end."
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 10:02:20 am by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2014, 10:31:13 am »
(actually you should  have no say over her demotion, if  it's done the way it is in nature  be then it's based off of strength...if she mated with some other canine it'd be evidence that you are weaker...you'd be demoted,not her...unless the canine didn't want to join the pack, but then your influence would still be hurt, you'd find your subordinates challenging you more often)

"we? this is between you and me" he started moving In a little closer, weight shifted to his front paws

how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 10:41:18 am »
"Hmm... Nope." Liliana said, lying down. "Not we. He is quite a bit bigger than you, though..."

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 01:36:47 pm »
(Yes, if we do it how its done in nature, and I think Blackrose has made it abundantly clear we aren't. You aren't being misled, you simply assuming and it is not the correct assumption. Now, not another challenge based on how things are in nature, were supposed to be role playing. Willing suspension of disbelief, it works for movies, do it here.)

"Liliana, quit teasing the packless hopeful. We have more important business to attend to. Now, I smell Rose's scent here, but what's the other one?" SkyFire asked, looking over to liliana for the answer.
Every great hero has walked the fine line between darkness and the light. Every legendary hero has set foot in both.
10K post club.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2014, 01:49:04 pm »
Liliana quickly scented the air and nodded. "Moonstalker... Female... High ranking... Either a Beta or Alpha... Mmmm... Yep, Alpha."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »
(Yes, if we do it how its done in nature, and I think Blackrose has made it abundantly clear we aren't. You aren't being misled, you simply assuming and it is not the correct assumption. Now, not another challenge based on how things are in nature, were supposed to be role playing. Willing suspension of disbelief, it works for movies, do it here.)

"Liliana, quit teasing the packless hopeful. We have more important business to attend to. Now, I smell Rose's scent here, but what's the other one?" SkyFire asked, looking over to liliana for the answer.

(who's worse, the guy who follows nature or the misogynist who automatically assumes he has more power than a female? it makes no sense to follow someone weak, we as humans don't even do that, i'm waiting for rose on this one)

EDIT:(I think it's a lot better to base it off of strength, (and not just physical strength ) it makes more sense,  it also prevents someone from cementing theirself in as a leader and gives ALL the players a fair shot, good for both the game as well as the metagame, both packs and players benefit.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 02:02:48 pm by whtwolf »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Blinded Wolf

• a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2014, 03:45:21 pm »
As Ryven hit the ground he rolled over and exposed his belly as fast as he could. Ryven's short stature was great for running full speed through a forest, but it hindered his ability to be any good at fighting. "Fine," he grunted remembering he was dealing with a leadership type person. It was then that he caught a slight wiff of a very distinct smell, Liliana and Sky. He knew the others would be here soon. It was just a matter of time and Ryven figured he would try to the white wolf distracted. "What do you need from me?" Ryven responded staring straight into the wolf's red eyes.

Offline SkyFire

• Male
« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2014, 11:52:39 pm »

(who's worse, the guy who follows nature or the misogynist who automatically assumes he has more power than a female? it makes no sense to follow someone weak, we as humans don't even do that, i'm waiting for rose on this one)

EDIT:(I think it's a lot better to base it off of strength, (and not just physical strength ) it makes more sense,  it also prevents someone from cementing theirself in as a leader and gives ALL the players a fair shot, good for both the game as well as the metagame, both packs and players benefit.)

(Whtwolf, the rule is that you appeal to the gm in pm, and that the game goes on. Otherwise the game would never go on. Now RP, going off of my decision as Co-Gm.

Edit: The players are not meant to become alpha at this time, we have a set storyline and it will be followed.)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 11:54:16 pm by SkyFire »
10K post club.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2014, 09:08:56 am »
(I also propose that if we have a conflict with the AGM that they become unable to overrule, it creates a dictatorship in which even if the agm is wrong they get their way in the story...lets face it, if a decision in game was made based on a ruling set forth by the agm then the gm revoked it later, we wouldn't go back to change it....which results in the AGM getting their way even if they are wrong )

(it's not like me trying to point out flaws helps, sky is just going to sit comfy as the second highest rank in the story, and abuse his power as AGM to keep himself there, it's literally impossible for him to make an unbiased decision in this situation)

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2014, 09:30:26 am »
(Alright, im going to set down the rule, since obviously you too are going to argue no matter what i say  :P Sky, whtwolf, do not fight in this thread anymore. i really like both of you, but if your going to take up nearly half a page with arguments, im going to stop this. Now, in this story, since i will NOT be using  natural wolf behavior as a concrete rule, more of a guideline, another player can take the position of Alpha, but they are not intended too at the current times. Sky is not a misogynist, hes the second in command in the pack, Sledge is lead huntress. Now, if she either mated the alpha, mated the omega, started her own pack, mated the moonstalker alpha/omega, or defeated either the moonstalker/shadow alpha/omega, then she could advance. i think that that is plenty of advancment opprotunities dont you? And if you want to follow nature, your character wouldnt even be allowed to be in the same territory. Now, please BORH OF YOU, stop arguing. Sky, respond to Sledge's post about finding a scent. Sledge and Blinded wolf, thank you for not arguing.)

She smirked, tail swishing lightly as she scented lightly at his belly, then licked it. "I have a...proposition for you."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu
pm me if you want me to make something into D&D homebrew for you (sources will be credited of course)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2014, 09:51:46 am »
(sledge is also second in command, sky claims to be able to demote sledge...as for occupying the same territory, I planned ahead for that, I assumed that you and I could come to an agreement later...what about being demoted when defeated by a lower rank? even if we are not going by natural order, leaving someone who is clearly weaker in charge is bad for the pack...especially when tension between a rival pack is so high)
(I mean no disrespect, just asking for some clarification)

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2014, 10:07:05 am »
(It is generally assumed that those in the pack are happy where they are, but yes, if a "weaker" pack member challenges you, you can be demoted. however, a random NPC will not just up and challenge you, and since your character is not a member of the packs, he cannot challenge a packed wolf for position. if you make plans, dont just assume please, inform me ahead of time if you plan something. Lastly, if she mated with a wolf not in the pack, shed probably be chased of, technically losing status in the pack
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2014, 10:18:30 am »
(I can still challenge for a position in the pack though right? lone wolves typically do one of two things, join a pack, or start their own)

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2014, 10:25:19 am »
(not a halfbreed in an already tense forest)
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Blinded Wolf

• a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2014, 11:10:46 am »
Ryven cringed when the wolf came closer and licked his belly. "A proposition? W-w-what kind of a proposition?" Ryven was equally curious and scared.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2014, 11:14:12 am »
Liliana stood, catching another scent. "Ryven." She said, following the scent's trail. "I'll kill that scout."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2014, 02:37:56 pm »
After Liliana had gone a little ways, a chuckle sounded, and Nightdancer, lead huntress of the Moonstalkers pack, crept from the brush. "Liliana, darling! It is SO good to see you...but, so close to our territory, one does wonder..."

She smirked. "An offer to join a new pack. One where you neednt fear the punishments of the others, where you will be welcome and safe."
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2014, 02:48:42 pm »
"I'm tracking one of our own." Liliana replied, continuing on her path and ignoring Nightdancer as well as she could. "I don't have time for you."

Offline Blackrose13

• The furry little freak
  • Male
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2014, 07:51:50 pm »
Nightdancer growled, snapping at Liliana's back leg and raising her hackles. "How dare you just brush me aside like that you shadow scum!?!? Have you no respect for your counterparts?!"
"Snuzzles!"
Profile pic by Saiyu

Offline Blinded Wolf

• a.k.a. Ty
  • Male
« Reply #73 on: August 08, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »
The wind began to blow. Ryven laid there on his back and stared into that wolf's bright red eyes. He rolled over and looked at the river delta. The water bashing against rocks and river banks, percussing with perfect tempo. This was the river he had called home and made his own.As the wind picked up and the scents of his kinsfolk became stronger. Could he really abandon the pack that grew up with and called his family.

Ryven's mind flooded with emotion and perplexing thoughts. Tears began to come to his eyes, but not a drop would come out.Time stopped. The river's percussion fell silent. The howling wind seemed to be no more than a whisper. And the strong scent of his kinsfolk seemed to disappear. For an instant nothing moved.Then Ryven's world shattered. He let out a gut wrenching howl that seeming shrouded the entire twilight vale with a single piercing note. Ryven's heart beat faster and faster as the broken pieces of the world around him reformed into a clear and straight line.

Ryven stood up and faced the white wolf. "I am Ryven," he said with clear devotion and determination, "scout of the shadows no longer. No longer shall I suffer from the fear and oppression of those I have called my kinsfolk. No longer shall I call this accursed river my home. I am Ryven scout of the moon stalkers!"

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #74 on: August 08, 2014, 08:58:06 pm »
Liliana's ears twitched as she heard Ryven's howl, but then she turned blindingly fast on Nightdancer, hackles raised and lips lifted in a murderous snarl. "Counterpart? Ha! I am more of a huntress than you could ever be, and I'm soon to be Beta female. You will not claim to be my counterpart. Now back off, before I decide you look like prey."