Author Topic: Alphas (IC)  (Read 7583 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Alphas (IC)
« on: September 05, 2014, 02:27:38 pm »
General Farica Vernon watched the city fly by through the door of the monorail car, street-lamps and the occasional house light flashing through the open doorway into the car full of her troops. They were being sent to the front-line of the Alpha war, some of them straight out of basic; the normal soldiers who had been at the closest FOB had not checked in in over a week. She glanced back at them, the HUD of her command suit displaying the vitals for each one as her reticle crossed him or her. After they all had waypoints registered in her system, showing the direction and distance to each one of her squad members. After a few minutes, the monorail started slowing; they were nearing their destination.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
Re: Alphas (IC)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 06:53:22 pm »
Griff looked around in monorail car he flips the front part of the helmet over his face turning on the hud thinking to himself that some of these people around him will die . Griff checks his weapons and continues to look out the window at the huge city
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 07:02:54 pm »
Scott walked down the street of the city, he just bought a new cd and converted the songs to mp3. He looked around at the square a bit and nodded in time with the deep bass. He's trained a bit in the art of parkour and wanted to try things out a bit. He measured the beat as he examined the environment, choosing a quick paced song to move in time with. Soon he readied himself and ran up to a nearby bench, jumping off the back and grabbing the railing of a higher walkway and swinging up.
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:09:16 pm »
Blades looked out on the city streets then quickly shut his blinds, leaving him with nothing but his thoughts and his pencils...sure it seemed rather lonely but this is how he worked best with his art. He took a swig of the orange soda on his coffee table and set to his drawings as usual.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 07:13:34 pm »
Madeline was slumped in the corner, the sedatives started wearing off, Before they had boarded they had given the general keys to the trigger locks that were on her guns instructing that they only be unlocked when there was an enemy in sight. She sat up groggily and shook her head, her ears floping in a vaguely comedic manner.  She looked around confused for a moment and fiddled around till she found her knife. She unsheathed it and sat and stared at the shiny surface.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 07:24:28 pm »
Farica entered a few things into her tac-pad, and the locks on everyone else's guns clicked open followed by a command on their tac-pads: "ready up." Madeline's, however, remained locked to the side of the car. She grabbed her own rifle and jammed a magazine in, then chambered a round. Her sidearm had been on her hip already, in case something happened on the way out.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 07:31:01 pm »
Griff looks too see the general who was checking everybody out he clicks his mag into his sniper rifle after counting his rounds he puts one round into the sniper rifle and then clicks it to safety. He remembered what his father said "Son always remember to move to make your self a harder target to get." But that was long ago before he breathed his last breath on the battlefield. Griff looked back on this and decided ever since he joined to keep fighting for his father.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 07:33:35 pm »
Griff heard this and flipped his mask up taking a sip of water knowing the battlefield is going to rough he flips his face counterpart back in turning on his comms

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 08:03:23 pm »
Jacques just looked around nodding and talking to himself. "Upon the wings of God I shall fly high above the battlefield purifying those corrupt souls in a cleansing flame." Jacques looked off into the distance. "I shall join you all on the field of battle, but first I must carry out a task handed down by God."

(i'm going to turn Jacques into a background character due to moving, I should resume his role when finished)
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:35:14 pm »
Maddie had put the knife away, bored by it and had started wandering around, still a little groggy, but coming out of it fast. She stopped in front of her weapons...they were painted bright orange, and began tugging at them trying to get them off the wall.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 11:26:55 pm »
The weapons suddenly unlocked as the train came to a stop, likely resulting in a rather comedic fall for Madeline. It started drizzling as Farica stepped out of the train and signaled to move out.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 11:30:31 pm »
When the train came to a stop, they came to a small residential area in the city, which was mostly populated by Alphas, unknowing of the oncoming attack. Wise waited in the first home in the right, smoking a cigarette and drinking some whiskey.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 11:42:43 pm »
(No attack... Simply investigating why the FOB went dark... For now...)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2014, 11:46:39 pm »
maddie giggled and then frowned at the lock that blocked the trigger from being squeezed and took the weapons over to the general and simply stared at her.

(what's a FOB?)

Jacoby sat at the table outside a bar across from the station, silently playing chess with an older gentleman, the chess pieces were live bullets of varying caliber, the king being a .50, the queen a 30.06, the rest were mostly handgun ammunition, except for the rooks, which were 12 gauge shells. one side of the board were regular brass shells and the other side were electroplated with chrome.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 11:51:36 pm »
(Forward Operating Base. Military term. Basically, a small base in the middle of enemy territory.)

Farica nodded and hooked her rifle into a hard-light lanyard so that it hung ready, then took the locked weapons. She looked them over and handed them back without unlocking them, then tapped her tac-pad deliberately to show Madeline; she would unlock them remotely when the time came for weapons free.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 12:15:43 am »
maddie grumbled and walked away, she carried her weapons somewhat haphazardly, but since they were locked no one was in immediate danger, she sat down at the back of the car and sulked...it was almost like watching a kid.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 12:38:41 am »
Farica simply shook her head and started down the street, shouldering her rifle and moving forward in a tactical stance. She had already given the command to move out; she wouldn't give it again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 12:43:29 am by Sledge »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 01:02:50 am »
maddie sulked for all of thirty five seconds before she realized that she was being left behind, she ran to catch up.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 02:12:51 am »
Griff looks around as he walks looking around cautiously unholstering his sniper rifle he looks at all the others he looks ahead to make sure he isnt caught off guard

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 04:06:28 am »
Jacques darts off towards one of the lesser populated areas. "One of these heretics has been harboring and smuggling these damned souls...They shall pay for their insubordination."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2014, 09:07:00 am »
Scott felt the soft drizzle against his clothes and fur, but didn't mind it as much as the rumbling in his belly. He turned around and stretched after his free running and decided to head over to his favorite burger joint. It wasn't far anyway. He ordered a couple of burgers, some fries and a shake before sitting down in a bench by a traffic light to eat and watch the traffic go by.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2014, 09:43:10 am »
Griff ran ahead to get to the front of the group he looked at all the houses knowing Aplhas were inside. He said to himself," Great now I have a higher chance of dying." Griff then discarded this thought and took his weapon off safety and unshealthed his combat knife.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2014, 10:05:31 am »
Griff saw a house he put his rifle over his shoulder  he jumped as hard as he could grabbing a ledge 15 feet above then he climbed onto a roof of the house to get a vantage point. he lookes threw the scope of his rifle adjusting the range. He then flicks to thermal imaging and sees 4 suspected Alphas. he wants to get closer so jumps to one house to another. he was close enough to record the conversation now on his hud. one of them said something about a fight that was intense and that a couple people died . Griff jumped down landing silently and goes to the General to report the data he recorded.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 02:17:06 pm »
Farica nodded to Griff, a simple gesture to give him the go to speak, but then held up a hand as she spotted Wise; he looked too familiar. She signaled for her squad to regroup and hold position, then started toward the Alpha leader.

(Please make one post at a time. It would be less cluttered and be in a single post. Also, please use past tense. It isn't a huge issue, but it is a little unwieldy to read. Also, as I meant to point out, Alphas have higher body temp than normals, thus the thermal.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 02:37:01 pm »
Jacoby watched the last soldier run past...some kind of lagomorph with bright orange weaponry "So....they misseed me"