Author Topic: Technophile ooc  (Read 4661 times)

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Technophile ooc
« on: September 14, 2014, 10:19:24 pm »
The year is 3021. Technology is at it's prime with new and even more advanced technology being integrated into people's homes, lives, and even their bodies. Some scientists even were able to create a race of beings made of pure data in the physical form, known as Cubits. They often manifest in a mass of hundreds of tiny cube structures and are often seen moving around doing whatever they are sent to do. With all sentient machines in these days, all are created with a set of criteria that they can not manipulate about themselves, or Rules.

I must not misrepresent reality.

I shal not kill or through inaction alow someone to be killed

I must be silent

All are filled with rules such as these and can't be changed by the machines themselves...but can be corrupted by others...

In a world of technology, where information is key, misdirection and deceit is all too prevalent within the organisations of the many leaders of society to do what they want. Buy this product, vote for this, disagree on that. Nearly everyone gets what they want through such measures.

But throughout these developments there have been those who merge so well with their technologies that they become something entirely new, being able to see and read data in it's pure form without any physical interaction, natural communication hubs, and even those who edit themselves from existance even when under the watchful eye of electronic surveillance.

Some rebel against such things and others accept it as a way of life. Those who take it with a grain of salt live easy lives around simple schedules and enjoy the rewards from sitting back and keeping theirs to themself.

I'll be working on this so give a holler if it sounds fun or if you have ideas for consideration.
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Re: Technophile ooc
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 10:37:01 pm »
hmmm...i'm interested to see where you go with this.

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:54:17 am »
I hope this one actually works. :p

Most if not nearly all my other RP's I have started fail pretty quick or before they really get going...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 04:17:01 pm »
Ahh, sounds cool.  Sounds very transhuman/posthuman in concept.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 09:32:52 am »
Many citizens have no idea how things are really worked out in the world and are more likely to report the crazy rebels than anything else.

Being discrete is key in this world, most public actions are immediatele made aware of. Therefore backdoor deals and secret messages are very important to getting the truth, electronic media if not isolated from wireless networks are easily intercepted before they arrive  without physical tampering.

Tall buildings and constant construction leave many zones where networking becomes ineffective. Meaning there's plenty of places to hide.

I'll keep working as I plan out more.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »
New ideas are flowing once more.

The rules are all the normal ones,
my word is king,
No autohitting,
No killing off people without their permission.

Sample card

Name:
Species:
Looks:
Tech: (can be rather imaginative or more piratical but I may or may not ask you to tone things down a bit in this area)
Stance on how things are running:
Personality:
Other:

Will throw mine in later.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 11:34:11 am by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 02:53:43 pm »
Name: Cross
Species: feline
Looks: The image on the comms that shows up is a cat with short styled grey fur in a blue sweatshirt.
Tech: nothing for himself personally, he's an expert hacker and wonderful planner.
 Stance on how things are running: Not very good. He sees the worst of the world and strives to eleminate all it's causes.
Personality: Honest, willing to do what must be done to liberate the world from the harmful technology.
Other: Nobody has seen him or met him due to his secrecy. He leads the rebellion and hopes that it won't be needed for long.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 03:58:33 pm »
I'm interested to say the least... I'll get more on my card over time...

Name: project K1lSCH aka Killswitch
Species: feral Panther
Looks: abnormally large for a panther, heavily muscled. Covered in sleek black fur with one deep green eye. The other eye is replaced with an optic sensor combining thermal, EMF, and HUD overlays.
Tech: optic sensor, wireless network uplink, nueral-speech interface, high-power nueral processor, muscular augmentations, and shoulder weapons mounts.
Stance: does not care one way or another. Is only programmed to do what he is ordered to do, and as such does not take a stance on the matter.
Personality: typically very emotionless, even when not under orders, but does rarely show emotion or humor.
Other: can not reload or swap weapons on his own. This is done by his handler... Also, he works against the resistance... For now. With all the avid hackers, it shouldn't be too hard to convert him...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:21:07 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 09:50:32 pm »
Name: Trish Carlotta
Species: Tiger
Looks: Standard orange black-striped fur with shoulder length blonde hair. Wears a worn red tank that shows her midriff with a skull design, black denim vest with yellow buttons and red threading, black jeans and red wedge heels. Also has large gold cross earrings.
Tech: Special glove on her left hand which can scan the ground around her for terrain and nearby lifeforms including friend or foe information and a glove on her right hand which can channel various elements based on the installed core. It takes some time to change and sync the different cores. Also has a small code pistol equal to the power of a .45 which also functions as stun gun when out of ammo.
Stance: Does not see tech as evil persay but as merely a tool, a means to an end. In her eyes tech is something to be in moderation and careful check.
Personality: Can be somewhat talkative, liking to know as much as possible about someone. She can be nice but
as a certain sass to her.
Other: Tries carefully to balance her real life with tech life. Is a journalist and reporter for the city news channel.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:40:16 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 02:04:41 pm »
Name: Null Trace
Species: Rat
Looks: Null is an albino, but he dyes his fur bright colors in patterns, changing them from day to day, tribal patterns one day, tie dye, another, dark Gothic artwork the next.  The only features he doesn't change are his pink eyes, and hair which is shaved on one side, showing off cybernetic implants, and trails down to the middle of his back on the other side.  He tends to wear a leather jacket and jeans.
Tech: computer-brain enhancements, including interface port, digital memory, code breaker, and signal re-router.
Stance on how things are running: The meat world is just a shell.  Corps distract you, by forcing you to deal with mundane things like eating, sleeping and finding shelter.  All of these are keeping you from the reality of digital paradise while the Corps steal the fruits of your thoughts and imagination.  Null does not believe in the false reality of the meat world, he will show all the downtrodden the light of the digital world.
Personality: Null is a anarchist, he believes no one has the right to govern.  He is a hacker, who hacks more than just computers, but also his own brain.  He fancies himself some sort of digital prophet.  Most people think he's gone completely off his rocker.
Other:

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2014, 02:40:24 pm »
Sledge, Mr. Bishop, good job, you're in...just gotta add an antagonist soon.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 02:50:16 pm »
Well, mine is an antagonist to begin with... I doubt he will remain such for long, though...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 03:44:41 pm »
Exactly. We need a solid one to play along in a way...I'm planning one out.
Mate of WereCat

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37:29 am »
Alright, card's finished!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 01:30:19 am »
Accepted. I'll start after finalizing the 'bad' guy and an actual good guy you can interact with.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 11:36:19 am »
Name: Christi Martin
 Species: Rabbit
 Looks: a rather attractive rabbit who wears light clothing, consisting of a tank top and shorts. Her glasses have a cute pink rim.
Tech: she has a map of the area she gos to as long as she has a data signal, able to see the nearly invisible scanning areas cameras and bots give off with her glasses.
 Stance on how things are running: she hopes that people can improve without causing harm to others. She's seen the high people in their ivory towers but can see that it's bound in bloody mortar.
Personality: chipper and kind of easily distracted. She'll rather avoid fighting than cause others harm.
Other: believes in the cause whole heartedly. Listens to Cross with little question.

Name: Johnathan Logan
Species: Feline
 Looks: he has a bright white suit and a dark smile as he runs the tech that runs the world, he has dim brown eyes and short hair.
Tech:  He has many security droids of a variety of types and functions. His personal armor is very hard to break through and is top of the line.
 Stance on how things are running: nothing wrong the way he sees it, all negative things are acceptable losses in the wake of a utopian future.
Personality: no nonsense and hard through and through, he is the hand that holds the world and knows he could crush it in an instant.
Other: the head of a massive tech company and private police force.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 01:01:58 pm »
So, for the first part, Killswitch will be one of Logan's... Minions? Is that the right word?

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 01:55:47 pm »
Probably more like a experiment or prototype for high security stuff. But in a sence, he is in a way a minion of the R&D department under his control.

Well it could show signs of free will or decision making, either from the programming or training or even the remnants of personality that hasn't been scraped out yet.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:57:33 pm by Furenzied »
Mate of WereCat

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 07:31:27 pm »
I hope to start this tomorrow or later tonight. Sorry to keep you all waiting.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2014, 10:28:54 pm »
Name: Gruwel Ecisin
Species: Bat/Cat
Looks: White fur, pink eyes, large bat ears, metallic mask of face with IV tubes that run down his neck and seem to be fused to his skin.
Tech: Face mask connects to his brain stem, and allows him to directly control his body's use of things like adrenaline. Mask also uses small nano robots that can preform a variety of medical actions, including suturing wounds, redirecting bloodflow, etc. Can calculate mathematical and logical problems in his head easily using a chip in his brain.
Stance on how things are running: Honestly doesn't care, he has too many other things to worry about.
Personality: Takes to a very logical way of thinking, and only occasionally makes room for emotion and gut instinct.
Other: Literally a one-man decor company. He does everything from designing the decor, to advertising, to making it, to selling it. And he does it well.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52:28 pm »
Thats fine. You're all good.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2014, 10:57:10 pm »
Thats fine. You're all good.
K, is it cool if I start tomorrow? I'm heading to bed.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2014, 10:58:41 pm »
Absolutely.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2014, 09:12:05 am »
Hey can I still join if you don't mind? I hope it's not to late .
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 09:17:29 am by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 10:35:43 am »
Sure.
Mate of WereCat