Author Topic: Alphas (Reboot OOC)  (Read 3513 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Alphas (Reboot OOC)
« on: September 26, 2014, 09:04:28 pm »
We're going to try this one more time. Everyone joining, please take special note of the rules.

The year is 3456. The location is the walled city known as Sentinel, or "The Nest" to some. it is a city stretching well over half the size of Florida(it is in a made up state, though, not Florida), but it is now divided. The government has become overly powerful, and has started dictating who reproduces with a technological fist of iron, in an attempt to weed out the "alpha" gene that keeps cropping up. However, nobody knows what exactly causes the gene to pop up. It can be given to a child from 2 normal parents lacking even the carrier trait. These "alphas" have heightened senses, one to three powers(only extremely powerful ones have three), and are extremely fertile, especially with other alphas, as opposed to "normals," who are just that. The fighting, along with the body count of each side, is escalating with each passing day-nay, moment-and is forcing those who claim to be neutral into choosing sides. The normals who aide the Alphas are legally determined to be traitors and are to be executed on sight, but are not prone to alpha attacks. The government has even enacted its "Valkrie program," an experimental superhuman project meant to hunt alphas. The alphas, though, only fight for peace, or so they claim; they want the government to treat them fairly, not like animals as the government chose to treat them initially.

You are either an alpha or a Valkrie; if you're a Valkrie, you get advanced armor and weapons, but if you're an alpha, you get heightened senses, strength/speed, and a power. So one thing remains to be seen... Do you fight for the eradication of the dangerous alphas, or the future filled with them?

Alrighty, first off, rules:
1. No god-moding.
2. Auto-hitting is a no-no.
3. My word is law. If you have a problem, come to me. Through PM.
4. Have fun and relax. Yes, there will be moments that bend reality: but it is science fiction...
5. Policy on arguing edit: no arguing. ask questions, find out why something is the way it is, but until I say otherwise, I'm right because it's my thread. One warning, then you're booted and your characters will be killed off in a very clear and brutal fashion. This isn't baseball, people.

Character skeleton:

Name:
Species:
Height:
Weight:
Appearance:
Alpha or Valkrie:
Attitude:

(Valkrie card additions.)
Armor type(I will provide a list):
Weapons(primary and secondary. I will provide a list. Valkries all start with a standard combat knife and two frag grenades):

(Alpha card additions.)
Clothing:
Power(unless you can make a good argument for a power, I will provide a list):

----------

Armor types: (all armors are aluminum plates over a titanium framed exoskeleton, but vary in layout and tactical abilities.)
Soldier- well protected all around, from most types of damage. Has the ability to lock down after a certain amount of damage is received; this completely protects the wearer, but he/she is unable to move and cannot use weapons while locked down.
Riot- heavily protected front, but lightly protected back. Has the ability to send out a massive jolt of electricity through all plates and short range through the ground, though this causes temporary shutdown of targeting and other major in-suit systems.
Sniper- light overall protection. Built in shoulder recoil dampeners. Has the ability to cloak, though it doesn't hide heat signature, and the power drain from the shoulder recoil dampeners cause the cloaking to shut down upon firing of a weapon or using a knife.
Scout- lightweight overall protection. Has the ability to boost in any direction at high speed for a short distance. The speed causes processor lag, and the HUD must be allowed to catch up.

Weapons-

Primaries:
Fury arms "Martin" assault rifle- 30.06, select fire, 30 round box mag. Comes pre-equipped with a hard-light bayonet, vertical grip, and hybrid scope.
Fury arms "Kreiger" shotgun- 12 gauge, pump action, 10 round tube mag. Comes pre-equipped with chainsaw grip, 12"x30" hard light shield, and standoff barrel.
Fury arms "Mad Hatter" sniper rifle- .338 Lapua, bolt action, 10 round box mag. Comes pre equipped with Bipod, thermal imaging, and muzzle brake.
Fury arms "Terror" sub machine gun- .45 ACP, automatic, 50 round drum mag. Comes pre-equipped with fire rate adjuster, folding stock, and under-mounted Tazer.

Secondaries:
Fury arms "Predator II" handgun- .454 Casull, semi-automatic, 15 round box mag. Comes pre-equipped based on primary weapon.
Assault rifle- adds a muzzle brake and butt-stock
Shotgun- adds a muzzle brake and shortened .410 shotgun shells
Sniper rifle- adds a muzzle brake and tungsten cored rounds
Smg- adds muzzle brake and match grade internals(smooths out movement, allowing for higher fire rate.)
Fury arms "Valken" bullpup revolver- .50 BMG, single action(must be cocked after each shot), 5 round cylinder. Comes pre-equipped with muzzle brake and recoil dampeners. (Warning: speed loaders do not exist for this weapon, so loading takes some time.)
Fury arms Afterburner: see weapons list.

Powers: (all powers drain the user's energy, but at different amounts.)
Pyrokenesis- can generate fire and spontaneously combust targets. Strength drain varies with distance and fire intensity.
Telekenesis- can move and throw things at will. Strength drain varies with object size and speed thrown.
Healing- can heal all but the worst wounds,  using the life force from other living things. Strength drain varies with wound intensity and amount of life force transferred.
Deconstruction- can completely disassemble anything mechanical simply by touching it and concentrating for a few seconds. Strength drain varies with size and complexity of disassembly target.
Cryokenesis- can create and throw ice shards, create ice formations, and spontaneously freeze targets. Strength drain varies based on distance to target and depth/intensity of freeze.

Name: Farika "Flir" Vernon.
Species: unknown canine
Height: 5' 8"
Weight: 125
Appearance: well maintained athletic figure. Dark, steel blue fur and orange eyes. Attractive except for the horrible burns covering upwards of 75% of her body. Typically remains hidden in armor with a custom full face mask.
Alpha or Valkrie: Valkrie (general)
Attitude: remains quiet except for giving orders or advice. When she does speak, though, it is best to listen as her words are often filled with wisdom. Hides a deep hate for the alphas for their role in her disfigurement and the murder of her husband.
Armor type: Valkrie general (yes, I know it's not in the list... I have reasons. General all around protection with a long range comms pack on the back and strength/speed enhancing servos in arms and legs. Has no actual "skill." Used by field generals to command troops.)

Primary: Martin
Secondary: Afterburner

Name: Pounce Silva
Species: grey wolf
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 125
Appearance: pure white with silver eyes, black nose, black shoulder-length hair with pink ends. Athletic build and predatory facials slightly warmed by a friendly aspect.

Alpha or Valkrie: Alpha
Attitude: usually warm and friendly, very trusting, even with those she doesn't know well, but is deffinately ex-military. If threatened, she knows how to fight, and has had alpha powers long enough to know how to use them.
Clothing: black tank top over black TDU pants and combat boots. Wears the skin from an outdated sneaksuit over her clothes. Also wears a black boonie hat with the sides folded up for peripheral vision.
Powers: telekenesis bridged to deconstruction, along with Pyrokenesis.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 07:36:45 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
Re: Alphas (Reboot OOC)
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 09:29:44 pm »
Is it ok to reuse my old guy?
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:31:21 pm »
Yes. Just repost the card here.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 10:37:34 pm »
Name: Scott Samson.
 Species: Artic Fox (currently a brown.)
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 160 lbs
Appearance: often seen with headphones and listening to dubstep or techno, sometimes disco, these headphones flip out to be speakers. The sweatshirt is a light blue and his shoes are white, his shorts however are a deep red. He calls it his 'suit.'
Attitude: Rather thoughtful and easy going. He likes kind people and is kinda lazy. He believes that Alphas gain in power as they use their abilities, like working out or muscle memory. Naturally prefers cooler climes. Loves videogames and will often make references to such.
 Clothing: a sweatshirt with short sleeves. Often wearing shorts and running shoes
Power(unless you can make a good argument for a power, I will provide a list): Cryokenesis and healing
Mate of WereCat

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2014, 11:40:35 am »
Name:Griff
Species:German Shepherd
Hieght:5'3
Appearance:brown fur and blonde on ankles wrist, and face,eyes one brown one lighter brown, handsome, is not that muscular but is very swift and amazing in skilled in hand-to-hand combat, parkour can jump incredibly high ect. he has a very heavy war background in the family tracing all way to WW1
Alpha or Valkrie: Valkrie
Attitude: he does daring things in his missions that often gets himself hurt but benefits his squad. he is very talkative outside missions can make friends very well. he discovers that his mother was an Alpha but his father wasn't and that some how might have the gene this he keeps secret
Weight:95lbs
Armor type: Sniper with green camo paint job wears a helmet that covers face and head simlar to Titanfall sniper skin helmet ( Green tinted eyelenses were Griff looks out)
Weapons:"Mad hatter" with olive green paint
Secondary: Afterburner with olive green

Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2014, 11:45:30 am »
If you don't know if you have the gene, and don't have access to the powers yet, it usually takes a very traumatic injury to "activate" you, so to speak. That was how Pounce and Wise were activated in the original thread.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 12:12:37 pm »
alright should i change it

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 12:15:08 pm »
No, it's fine, just keep in mind that if any alpha thinks you might be one of them, they might try to activate you...

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 12:26:31 pm »
alright just wanted to change things up a little for my character

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 01:05:09 pm »
I'll do this again but I'll need some time seeing my computer's on the fritz and Ionly have my phone at the moment. That and Imay or may not add a new person as well. 

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 01:08:31 pm »
That's fine. We're still waiting on Wise and maybe Colonel Mustang, anyways.

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2014, 05:33:12 pm »
i think this reboot will do better than the last one the intro should be a bit different

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2014, 07:32:39 pm »
Trust me, friend, it will be...  (:

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2014, 09:47:57 pm »
Name: Blades Tavare
Species: Raccowolf
Height: 6'3"
Appearance: Rather skinny build with muscle tone, emerald green eyes, brown hair with bangs that often covers his right eye, grey fur with black rings on his rather big bushy tail, hands, and the black raccoon mask, bright blue tribals on his left arm, left side of his face, and torso,white patch on his stomach.
Alpha or Valkyrie: Alpha
Attitude: Tries hard to be kind to others and can put a smile on his face but often acts angry and bitter over the less than ideal treatment he'd received as an alpha, often making him rather snippy in the presence of enemies.
Clothing: Torn black jeans with skull and cross keychains, dark green converse, black and dark green vest open to his fur, silver cross necklace
Power: Telekinesis

Name: Leilani Rosario
Species: River Otter
Height: 5'6"
Appearance: Thin build, black hair cut to chin length, light blue eyes, snow white fur with lavender on her chest, stomach, and lower arms.
Alpha or Valkyrie: Alpha
Attitude: Tries to see the best in everyone but is stern and smart for someone her age.
Clothing: Brown tanktop, off white jeans, and black converse
Power: Healing

Will fill out as I can, computer down and will take time.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 06:05:47 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 07:10:41 am »
Name: Wise B. Amador
Species: Wolf (10% fox)
Height: 6'0
Weight: 165 lbs.
Appearance: http://mechahound.deviantart.com/art/The-Wise-One-commission-for-Bronydude123-318346546
Attitude: Often pretty cold, he would not be very friendly during or even after missions. Believing he's a monster for his deeds and his past, he will not stop trying until he is redeemed.

Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 12:26:19 pm »
Awesome. Now, if T-Yoshi can make his phone work well enough to get his cards up, this will start today.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 03:31:52 pm »
um hey, chris won't be on for probably about a week.
i'm a friend of his, he had a wreck on his motorcycle doing about 45 a few days ago.
he can't use his hands right now so he asked me to post this for him, said he didn't want you guys to worry about him not being around.
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 10:51:29 pm »
There has been enough delay, so I'm starting this later tonight.

Offline Furenzied

• Male
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 11:02:31 pm »
Dang. All the cool stuff happens after 11 pm.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 11:56:45 pm »
Meh, not necessarily. Just because the thread starts tonight doesn't mean the whole thing will kick off... That'll probably be tomorrow, as most people are on during the day.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2014, 11:10:57 am »
So, just realized something... There's two Valkries... Someone want to make a second character?

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 11:16:45 am »
thats alright two is enough

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 11:29:02 am »
Mm... No, I don't think so. Not with what I have planned...

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2014, 06:06:27 pm »
Sorry about that, cards are finished.

Also if you really need another Valkyrie I can do it.   
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:49:17 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2014, 11:17:06 pm »
If you would, please, that would be awesome. I might need to make another as well...