Author Topic: Oracle.Net (OOC)  (Read 2381 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Oracle.Net (OOC)
« on: October 08, 2014, 03:22:47 am »
2119, the entire world is canvased by Oracle.Net, a program designed by the United World Government, it watches and scans the entire population. Putting them through multiple evaluations to determine their place in society and the appropriate job for them. However, most importantly it monitors their stress levels via the Oracle Pass. Once it judges somebody to be a Latent criminal it disperses the PSB, otherwise known as the Protection Service Bureau, the company you work for. Work has been fairly standard, well as standard as it can be in your sector; but never the less you hear the occasional whisper that more and more crimes are slipping past Oracle.Net. Some suspect foul player, others suspect outworld interference. Never the less for now they are just whispers (not to mention above your paygrade) and it's best to put them out of your mind (there's always time to find out the truth later). So for now, just focus on your task at hand, playing cat and mouse with a criminal with a stress level at 341.7 can be very bad for your health when not given proper focus.

Rules. 1: I will be picking the cards that best fit this rp so not everybody will get to play. 2: no godmodding. 3: If you have a question pose it here. 4: My word is law. 5: If you have a dispute bring it here. 6: There will be perma-death. 7: If you are in violation of any of these rules you will be given one warning after that you shall be removed from the game and your character killed off.

Do your best to remember this will be sci-fi/cyber themed so put your belief somewhere very much out of reach.
Note: Those that have played my RPs know they tend to have dark themes, so if you can't handle the dark stay in the light.

Character Skeletons

Name:
Physical Appearance:
Species: (note: there will be humans and anthros so you can play as either one)
Position: (Inspector or Enforcer, feel free to add number of years at the force)
Personality:
Backstory:

Note: All employees wear similar uniforms and use the same type of weapon so those are predetermined

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:59:02 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
Re: Oracle.Net (OOC)
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2014, 03:51:11 am »
Name:Jacoby Quinn

Species:Arctic Fox

Position: Enforcer, new-ish recruit. (month or so)

Personality:He's nervous and a little skittish, a bit overly talkative and somewhat clumsy.(Dojikko,  Dandere)

Backstory:He grew up in a wealthy family, bored by the stuffy formalities and uptightness he aspired to get a job despite not really needing to work for a living.(not really planning on using monetary power in game.) After some time he decided he wanted to be an enforcer after one of his parents butlers snapped and attacked his father, tackling him off of a balcony and paralyzing him from the waist down. He struggled through training and he is of a very skittish type...often stuttering slightly when he replies to orders. He is also terrible with women because he is shy.

Physical Appearance:He's rather short, only 4' 10" and not quite 100pounds soaking wet. Fairly androgynous appearance, white fur with black tips on his ears and tail, light grey down his spine and across the backs of his shoulders leading down to met his black tail tip giving him a somewhat husky-ish fur pattern but not as widely spread, and with the lighter build of the fox he is. His eyes are a russet-ish color.

Name:Barrett "bear" Salvsky

Physical Appearance:Black stripes white fur, very athletic build. He is about 6' 1" and keeps himself in pro athlete shape. Blue eyes slightly rumpled suit.

Species: Skunk

Position: inspector 4 years

Personality:He's a bit of a womanizing meathead, but despite that he still manages to get girls to go home with him.He has the whole big dumb jock
thing going on, and when he knows he can get away with it will mercilessly tease newer recruits, his favorite being the shy small Jacoby quinn. He's reliable to well established relationships with coworkers in combat and most tasks that require physical force...it's rumored he once lifted someones car and held it because they had no jack and a flat tire, mental tasks? you'd be better off asking google.

Backstory:He doesn't talk about his past much. what is known is that he was slated to be a pro athlete and got gored in the combine by a stag. He never got a second chance.
1: spacing for easier reading, personality clarification, added physical appearance, edited species, added edits log, elaborated position. (October 09, 2014, 12:18:26 am)
2: Added in a second character, added edit date to edit one.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 05:56:54 am by Jacoby Quinn »
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2014, 11:04:41 am »
I'll fill this out later.

Name: Prowl Silva

Species: Grey Wolf

Physical appearance: solid white with silver eyes. Shoulder length black hair with ice blue tips. Athletic, graceful build. Predatory, angled facial features, giving her a harsh sort of beauty.

Position: Inspector (5years.)

Personality: cold and calculating, keeps emotionally distant from most she meets, thus the cold nature. Has bouts of paranoia(not extreme), caused by her job.

Backstory: was raised in a small Texas town with her twin sister, by their father, learning how to shoot, fish, fight, etc. the twins decided to become inspectors when their father was killed. when her sister was killed on the job, her reasons for being an inspector were reinforced. The death of two loved ones caused her cold and emotionally distant nature.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:13:23 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2014, 02:18:25 pm »
No rush, i'll leave this up for a few days. then i'll go through and review.

Edit: This clip has blood and gore, but it shows you the 3 types of gun fire from the Dominator and what it looks like, and how it works (sorts) watch at your own discretion you really only need to watch up to the 3 minute mark

For those that don't really understand the gun function. Stage 1 is stun. Stage 2 is execution of organic targets. Stage 3 destruction of inorganic targets.
The gun can also only be used by it's assigned user, when accessed by non-auths the gun shuts down locking the trigger. The gun also does a personal HUD with minor target tracking and Stress Scanner, gun changes mode based on target Stress Level.

Also, added Physical Appearance to character card.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:06:11 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 11:29:01 am »
so how do I look?

also from now on i'm going to list my OOC edits...it's convient and helpful to me and i'd assume it could be for other people as well
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 01:57:45 pm »
i'll leave this up for a few days. then i'll go through and review.

Edit: I'll now be allowing two character per person, possibly three. Just for added flavor.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 06:02:55 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 01:45:25 pm »
Sorry, but you can't have been both, unless you were an inspector and then went to enforce, but then your job position would be enforcer
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 02:09:35 pm »
can we get a little elaboration on the two jobs positions and responsibilities?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 06:08:17 pm »
Nope, it's a secret...well at least until the rp starts which will be soonish
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2014, 06:13:46 pm »
Changed mine...
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2014, 02:21:17 am »
Alright new card is good, i'll have this up later today.. probably have a few charries up as well.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2014, 02:24:47 am »
Nope, it's a secret...well at least until the rp starts which will be soonish

It's a secret!!!  :D

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 02:55:25 am »
Name: Jack Merit
Physical Appearance: Stands 6' even clocking in at 130lb. He has stormy blue eyes, dark brown hair with caramel highlights that's always immaculately feathered over to the right. He sports a small scar on his forehead above his right eye.
Species: Human
Position: Inspector 2 years
Personality: Cold and calculating, sometimes talks to himself (and even argues) aloud causing some people to think he has mental issues, but if he did Oracle wouldn't have cleared him for Security. He tends to do and risk whatever necessary to achieve the task at hand, however he has one thing he refuses to sacrifice.
Backstory: Grew up in an above average home, was sent to a private school where he excelled in psychology which prompted his interest in personal security (along with other reasons) He's also one of the few documented people who's Stress Aura never leaves, which can  make these people very dangerous individuals.

Name: Chloe London
Physical Appearance: Stands 5'8" and clocks in at 120lb. Despite almost constantly eating she manages to sport a slender yet curvy frame. Her hair is jet black and is usually pulled back into a ponytail, but when let loose it reaches the middle of her back, She also sports hazel/green eyes and a small scar an the left side of her upper lip.
Position: Enforcer 7 years
Personality: Has no problem listening to orders and following orders, however if she doesn't agree with the proposed route she tends to make adjustments to it as needed. Nobody really knows how she is off shift, because nobody can really seem to find her.
Backstory: TBR

Name: Scarlett Drummond
Physical Appearance: 5'7" (?) 138lb (?)
Position: Head of Intelligence for Inspector Division Jericho 9
Personality: Tends to be a bit of a tease and has a difficult time being serious, (Notable except when the lives of her coworkers are on the line)

Note all Inspectors and Enforcers wear Black suits without any alterations to them what so ever.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 05:58:11 am »
Sorry for the last minute addition, hope it's alright.
Was kinda procrastinating...

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 03:17:25 pm »
While the card looks fine, it unfortunately gives us too many inspectors. Normally each Division is made up of 2 Inspectors and up to 4 Enforcers. However I will debate about it.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 05:00:14 pm »
okay...if it turns out to be too much trouble i'll switch him to an enforcer, I really want him in since i'm re testing a character dynamic that I don't use much anymore

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2014, 08:02:52 pm »
I would have made mention of that (the 2I4E) situation earlier, except I wasn't expecting a later character. I may create an extra enforcer or two just to balance it out
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2014, 11:55:49 pm »
Stahwt?

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2014, 11:58:44 pm »
Name: 'Cricket'
Physical Appearance: stands 5' 10" and clocks in at 152lb Sandy blond hair and grey eyes. Good strong facial features, built fairly well
Species: human
Position: Enforcer 3 years
Personality: Cocky and full of himself, doesn't really respect others outside his own species, quite the teachers pet to Merit.

Name: Alicia
Physical Appearance: stands at 6'1" clocks in at 142lb has strawberry red hair and green eyes. has a very 'soft' look about her only betrayed by her personality
Position: Enforcer 10 years
Personality: can be best described as beautiful to look at, deadly to touch
Sarzon! <-- inside joke