Author Topic: Fading Hope Season 1 Re-try (IC)  (Read 4939 times)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
Fading Hope Season 1 Re-try (IC)
« on: December 07, 2014, 11:52:55 pm »
A scant five months...and everything turned to collapse. Blades Tavare...there in his '03 Eclipse "Pistol...check, Trauma kit...check, Water bottle...check." He was outside of the military surplus store. "Looks a bit looted...but maybe there's a locked case or something of value here. Worth a look I suppose." He slung his trauma kit on his shoulder, clipped his water bottle to it and drew his handgun. "After this i'll look of Faye...hope she's okay."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Fading Hope Season 1 Re-try (IC)
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 01:38:35 am »
Elizabeth "Rose" Carter shut her F:250 down, the rumbling Triton V10 going quiet. She didnt care if the dead heard her; it would keep them off of other survivors, she figured, and as such she was doing her job; protect life. Not to mention she hadn't had a walker manage to bite through her turnout gear yet. Speaking of... She pulled her turnout coat on and got out of the truck, then opened one of the side boxes on the bed cover and took her haligan out. She spun it as she walked up to a warehouse side door and swung the pike into the wooden frame. After a quick downward thrust on the handle, splintering the rotten wood inside, she was inside and looking through crates, primarily for food.

(The truck is based off of our command truck. I'll upload a picture sometime. I hope it's ok to use. I suppose it's a bit more appropriate than any of our brush trucks...)
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 05:02:12 pm »
Edgar walked along the sidewalk, searching around. He was always a bit anxious when outdoors, now that nearly everyone was biting people. He rounded the corner and spotted it: the old hospital that he used to work at. It looked like a tornado had hit the place. A majority of the windows were smashed, and nearly all the doors leading into the place were ajar. 3 of the five military vehicles that had been there when he'd left the first time were nowhere to be found, the other two were hardly recognizable. Edgar took a deep breath, and began walking towards the hospital.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 12:54:17 pm »
(Aryd)

As you walk into the hospital, you see several doors boarded off or chained shut with stratches and moans coming from behind them. Obvioiusly, staying here too long was not a good idea but surely there must be something left here. Some food in the cafeteria or maybe someone forgot to clean out the medicine locker...

(Sledge)

The warehouse was abandoned, just enough light peaking through to show not another soul was inside living or otherwise. There were still a few palates of crate around the warehouse that looked untouched. Good thing Elizabeth had her haligan tool on hand.

(Myself)

Blades entered to find the front of the surplus store ransacked save for a few stray bullets on the ground here and there. He saws the door to the employees only area, unopened. Surely something good was to be had there.

Offline Kodoku

• Species: Korean Jindo
  • Dog treats!?
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 05:58:36 pm »
Theo was locked up in his garage checking his stocks of food. Unfortunately he didn't have much left and now it was a trip to go and find some food. He moved out through the front door carefully and then closed and locked it. He carried some tools with him including his wrench as a last resort. He also had his camelback, and pistol too in its holster on his side. He glanced at his closed garage and began to really wish he had put fuel into the modded diesel VW Toureg behind the doors. Shaking his head he went to find fuel also if he could. 

A long walk later he came across one of his listed spots. An abandoned gas station with a little store with some possible small snacks left. Maybe even a gun behind the counter.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 06:25:15 pm »
Thankfully, since Edgar had worked here, he knew his way around the hospital. He remembered exactly where the drugs and medicine were kept. Hopefully nobody had beat him to the punch. He poked his head around the corner, looking to see if it was all safe. The storage was on this hallway, so if the hallway was clear, he'd just have to make sure there wasn't anyone in the storage room itself.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:53:25 pm by Aryd »
GameMaster Status!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 08:48:07 pm »
Rose grinned to herself and spun her haligan again, this time backwards. She walked to one of the crates and placed the haligan's pike through the padlock, then angled it to pry. After a few attempts, she managed to break the lock. She carefully opened the crate to see what she had unlocked.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 10:27:56 pm »
(Kodoku)

Sure enough the door to the attached convenience store was left wide open, the glass broken. Most of the stuff had been taken but there were a few food items there left by every previous scavenger.

items

Can of Carrots x2
Can of Peaches x2
Can of Green Bean x2
Tin of Cashews x3
Canned Tuna x1
Bottle of Water x5

Looking in the checkout counter there were a few bullets, obviously there must be a gun floating around somewhere. The safe perhaps? It's locked however...maybe the keys are in the office somewhere or perhaps there's a prybar or tool he could use.

Items

9mm bullets x3

(Sledge)

The top of the crate opened with only a soft pop. This was a good one right here, water, food, and some camping supplies. Might come in handy if she had to hit the road at any point...

Items:

Box of Crackers x3
Gallon of Water x5
Large can of Green Beans x3
Large can of Tomatoes x4
Can of Peas x3
Can of Mandarin Oranges x4
Four person tent x1
Camping Chair x1
Water Purifier (pump) x1

(Aryd)

No moans were heard from the hallway however a weird shifting noise could be heard from where the medicine locker was. It didn't sound like a zed by the sound of it but would pay to be wary...Were they friendly? Hostile?

(Myself)

Blades looked through the back room/office of the military surplus store, searching for whatever could be of use now or later

Items:

Locked Gun case (Pistol) x1
Locked Gun case (Long gun) x1
Bag of cookies x2
Box of 7.62 bullets x1

"Not what I use in my pistol but must go to one of the guns in these cases."  Blades thought loading up the cases in his car "Good for bartering if nothing else I suppose." He got back in his car and opened the glovebox, pulling out a flat orange soda savoring the sweet taste of it, saving the rest for another time. "If only I could open those cases..."

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 10:45:04 pm »
Blades then suddenly felt cold steel against his throat from a knife. "I think you have something of mine. Those locked cases you got? They're... kinda locked for a reason," a sabre-tooth said as she leaned against the frame of Blades' car window. "You also probably shouldn't leave your windows down. But don't worry about that. I just want my stuff back," she said with a casual, yet friendly tone.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:26:09 pm by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Kodoku

• Dog treats!?
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2014, 02:40:12 pm »
Theo rummaged through all the stuff left. It was a pretty good haul actually. Some of it could fit in his tool bag, and the rest took the last space in his backpack. The one can of tuna and only one tin of cashews were stuffed into his toolbox which was now full. Then all of the water and the rest to his backpack.

He put the three 9mm rounds right into his current mag and then clicked it back in before holstering it again. He saw the safe too and looked to see the office door. Was it locked still?

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »
Edgar slowly approached the medicine locker, taking out his bat. He also slipped the pistol he had into his pocket, mainly to make him look a bit more threatening, seeing as the gun had no ammo. He made sure not to step on any broken glass or trip over anything while he approached. He made his way to the room's door, and peeked inside slowly.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 06:48:52 pm »
Rose nodded and moved to the next crate, popping the lock on it as well, then lifted the lid; she decided to open one of the bay doors and back her truck in when she was done searching, to collect the useful items.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 08:26:15 pm »
(Sledge)

Moans could be heard from the nearby buildings. As Elizabeth opened the second crate she saw various parts, components and even a gun case.

Items:
Locked Gun Case (Long Gun) x1
Duct Tape x10
Wire x8
Battery x5
Lighter x3
Bug Spray x2
Gun Parts x2

There was still one crate to open...however the noises from the nearby buildings was a bit concerning. She could try going for the third crate...or should she take what she's got and run?

(Aryd)

Edgar saw a Chinese water deer with a fire axe in his one hand and a shotgun on his back. He looked over to him "Hey buddy, i'm not a bad guy here. This was pretty ransacked when I got here but they left a fair bit." He saw the gun in his pocket "If you want i'll split the goods half and half. I got people to take care of." his voice was rough and gritty but calm.

(Kodoku)

Theo opened the office door with a light push. There was a gun disassembled on the desk, all the parts seemed to be there and with a little knowhow he could reassemble it. However there was a corkboard above the desk with five keyrings on it. Surely one would open the safe...however only two had labels on them and neither said "Safe key".

Items:
Canid 55 Shark (Handgun) (Disasembled) x1
Gun Parts x5
Unmarked Keys x3

(Me, Wise)

Blades grabbed the pistol case and handed it out to her. "Sure. Long gun's in the back if you want it...however if you're gonna stay in that store, might wanna look into some housekeeping. Y'know, make it livable." Blades answered with some sarcasm.

In The Silver Scissors hair shop however...

Faye just didn't feel right. Must have been something wrong with the painkillers she took...they were painkillers, right? She stumbled up into her bedroom nursing a bad headache and dizziness. She collapsed onto her bed shortly after.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:27:05 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 09:15:45 pm »
"Yeah. I'll do that. I don't neccesarily live here though. I move around. Only an idiot would stay in one place. But yeah. I'll hold you on that," Jane said as she let the knife off of Blades' throat and took the pistol case. She began to walk towards the back and take the long gun case. "Oh. And by the way. Name's Jane. Not like you may see me again. And everything you see that's locked, it's most likely mine, so don't take it. Otherwise, you'll die. Simple as that. See ya bandit," Jane said as she began to walk back inside.

Cassandra began her normal routine. Get in and get out. She got off her motorcycle in front of the silver scissors shop and took her helmet off. She took a bite of her jerky and began to head inside, fully confident of finding something good. She began to look around for the undead first, making sure nothing was there. She whistled and knocked on a couple doors to listen. "Alright. What have we got he-" she began to say before she say Faye in her room. She quickly stopped and crouched. Was she alive? Is she conscious if so? Casey began to ponder as she waited a few moments.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 07:35:48 am by The Wise one »
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 11:10:03 pm »
Rose nodded and moved to the next crate, popping the lock on it as well, then lifted the lid; she decided to open one of the bay doors and back her truck in when she was done searching, to collect the useful items.

(Never actually opened the bay door... "When she was done searching." Sorry if I worded that poorly or something.)

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2014, 11:24:14 pm »
(Maybe I misread it. Let me fix it.)

Fixed, just removed the bay door part.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2014, 11:27:31 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2014, 11:47:07 pm »
(Awesome. Sorry again.)

Rose grabbed what she could and popped the lock on the bay door, then ran out to her truck and loaded her new haul, tossing the rifle case into the passenger seat. She fired the truck up and backed to the bay door, then jumped out and ran to the last crate. She popped the lock on it, watching the doors carefully.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2014, 01:32:21 pm »
Edgar stared for a minute in shock. He didn't know what to think, he honestly didn't really trust the deer, but he knew that if he left, the deer would surely take all of it, and he needed to have some medicine handy in case things got hairy. After cautiously stepping in, he spoke. "Uh... thanks... but I already... I already know what I need, thanks. I er... I don't need half..." He began surveying the shelf, seeing what all was left on it, being sure to not let the deer out of his sight. Being 7 feet tall, he had a view of the objects on some of the higher shelves, which the deer might not have been able to see.
GameMaster Status!

Offline Kodoku

• Dog treats!?
  • Male
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2014, 05:57:54 pm »
Theo looked about and decided that another weapon could be good trade value... He looked and stuffed the parts in his bag. He would have to hold them or something but he traded a can of food's place in his bag. He grabbed the huge amount of keys and went to try... Well all of them.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 10:56:18 pm »
(Kodoku)

Theo fumbled around with the many keys for a long time before it opened. Mostly just useless stacks of paper money. However the former occupant did have something worth taking in there.

Items:

Canned Tuna x2

A rumbling noise was heard from down the road. Was it a group of zed? The owner or occupant? Maybe Theo should take the tuna and food he left in the office and huff it out of there...

(Sledge)

This crate certainly didn't fail to deliver. Obviously a surplus from the gun store, many assorted boxes of ammo.

Items:

Box of 9mm ammo x3
Box of .45 ammo x5
Box of .38 ammo x2
Box of .22 ammo x3
Box of 5.56 ammo x4
Box of 7.62 ammo x2
Box of .50 ammo x1
Arrows x8

Noises were heard from outside, obviously zeds were starting to gather. What was most important to Elizabeth? Food and survival gear? Parts and components? Ammunition? Might be time to take all of it...might not.

(Aryd)

The deer nodded as Edgar looked above him. "Thanks man, name's Mordechai if you wanted to know. And I appreciate it, got a lot of people to care for back home." he looked down at a scrap of paper with a list jotted on it "My sister was an EMT before all this. Got her, her girlfriend, two younger sisters, mom and dad, my grandpa, my aunt, our neighbor and her husband and niece. Believe it or not we're holding out okay."

As Edgar looked on the shelf above the medicine locker, he saw very little had been taken. Good amount of medicine and even a little gear.

Items:

Anti-viral meds x3
Anti-bacterial meds x3
Herbal medicine x2
High-strength painkillers x2
Asthma inhaler x3
Perscription cough syrup x2
Defib unit x1

(Me, Wise)

"Well best of luck to you...we'll all need it." Blades simply drove off after that. "Oh yeah...now to find Faye." He was headed to the silver scissors hair shop where Faye lived and worked.

As Casey examined Faye, she saw she wasn't out cold but was pretty out of sorts and barely conscious and her pulse was rather weak. She wasn't running any fever but was a little clammy indicating she wasn't exactly well. She groaned a little from the terrible pain in her head.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 11:44:55 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 07:43:01 am »
Casey began to realize that Faye could either be infected or too weak to move. Casey began a slow approach, remaining silent. She began to softly and slowly look over Faye's body for any bite marks. "I wouldn't move if I were you. Otherwise you might not come out of my inspection alive. So stay still and shut up," she said in an eerily calm tone.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 09:42:35 am »
Rose grabbed as many boxes of ammo as she could, then returned to her truck, opening the door to the bed cover. She loaded the ammo into the truck and placed her haligan inside, switching it out for a pig tool.(basically a sledgehammer with a spike on the back.) from the bloodstains, it had killed its fair share of zed already. She the. Started walking back and forth from crates to truck, loading loot, leaving the back open so she could get inside and crawl through the sliding back window if she needed to.

Offline Kodoku

• Dog treats!?
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2014, 11:12:09 am »
Theo laughed slightly as he wasn't entirely surprised. Only the can of Tuna really made it a little odd. He grabbed that and the paper money before throwing it in the air for the amusement of making it rain. Tuna in pocket he got up and his big round ears twitched. Something was on the way. Getting up and out of the building he found himself a good spot to hide not far from the station. Just walking down the empty no cover road may not be the best idea. Especially with a full load.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:24 pm »
Edgar nodded. "Yeah... You're welcome..." He then said, in a soft tone of voice. "Nice to see that someone still has their family with them..." Edger picked up his backpack, and loaded it with the painkillers, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial medicine, two bottles of each. He glanced at the defib, and then back down at Mordechai. He handed him the defib unit, and said. "Here. You're going to need this more than me. It's not like I would be able to use it on my self if I needed to." Edgar was silent for a moment, and then spoke. "My name's Edgar, by the way."
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2014, 10:08:12 pm »
(Wise)

Faye seemed rather despondent if not distracted by the awful pain in her head. she clutched her head as Casey looked her over. She wouldn't see any wounds indicating a zombie assault, but she had a fair few bruises indicating abuse.

(Kodoku)

Theo saw as an SUV pulled up to the gas station. Three men stepped out of it, a fox, a lion, and a rat. They seemed to be having some stupid conversation regarding the proper way to charge into battle. They looked rugged and mean each with a handgun and either shotgun or rifle on their backs. Out of the corner of his eye Theo could see what appeared to be a young child slipping out the SUV window and bolting into the forest.

(Aryd)

Mordechai looked at the defib unit for a minute but then grabbed it. "Thanks...Edgar. We'll all appreciate this." Mordechai looked in his bag again. "Never really expected to see that kind of kindness again in this day and age. You're a good man Edgar." he stood up "If you ever end up in bad enough straits, we might be able to make room for one more...decision ain't in my hands but i'd vouch for you."

(Sledge)

Elizabeth could see a bunch of zeds clawing at the back door of the warehouse, the door was sturdy but it wouldn't hold forever. She did get a good chunk of ammo on the truck, about fourteen of the twenty boxes in the crate.

(Me)

After what seemed like a while of a drive, Blades had pulled up to the Silver Scissors salon to see the door just left open. He began to worry a bit as he stepped out of his car and into the store which was still in a bit of disarray. "Anyone here? Faye?" he called out softly.