Author Topic: Fading Hope Season 1 Re-try (IC)  (Read 4932 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Fading Hope Season 1 Re-try (IC)
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2014, 12:04:44 am »
Rose decided to quit while she was ahead and closed the doors on the back of her truck. She climbed into the driver seat and sat her pig tool in the floorboard of the passenger side. She fired the truck up and threw it in drive, heading into the city itself. She would keep whatever ammo her new long-gun fired and trade the rest.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2014, 10:01:49 am »
"Alright. Other than a few struggler bruises you seem fine. But you seem to have some headpain and your body looks kinda limp. Maybe some painkillers will help," Casey said out loud in thought to herself as she heard a door open from the shop and heard Blades softly call out for Faye. Casey sighed. "Not this again. Alright stay here," Casey said as she hid in a corner of the room where she was not so easily visible, her weapon at the ready.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Aryd

• Species: Rainbow Snake (Farancia erytrogramma)
  • Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2014, 02:39:30 pm »
Edgar nodded. "Don't mention it..." He'd gotten all the meds he'd need for a while. He put on his backpack, and began to head to for the door.

(How much space in my inventory would the meds I mentioned earlier take up?)
GameMaster Status!

Offline Kodoku

• Species: Korean Jindo
  • Dog treats!?
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2015, 04:07:36 am »
(I'm so sorry. College is like 8 days away and I'm busy and super nervous. Please go ahead without me if I take too long.)

Theo watched the three bicker about whatever nonsense they were on about. But it was what came right on out of the truck that caught his eye. The kid didn't look to be very happy to be with them and was taking his chance. Interested he went down the road a little ways until the big tank would hide him for the most part of crossing the road the woods. Watching for a moment he darted into the woods and then soon when out of view, he made his way towards where the kid or whatever it was had entered.

Offline T-Yoshi45

• 80% Raccoon, 20% Wolf, 100% Awesome!
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2015, 07:58:34 pm »
(It's okay, I been there Kodoku...)

(Kodoku)

As Theo ran into the woods, the kid ran in his direction but tripped and face-planted in the dirt. He was a rather thin, lithe silver fox. He had no shirt or shoes and his jeans seemed very torn. Dirt and sweat stained the fur across his back and arms. The young fox couldn't have been much older than fourteen. He looked up in fear at Theo as he silently stumbled up.

(Aryd)

(one slot for each type of medicine)

Mordechai nodded as he headed towards the back exit, leaving Edgar to his devices. It looked like the sun was starting to set...no doubt finding shelter soon would be a good idea.

(Sledge)

The zed at the door seemed to break through as Elizabeth drove away. There was still a good amount of supplies back there...if it ever clears out. The lock on the rifle case seemed rather simple and could possibly be picked or forced open. For now however, it might be best to keep driving.

(Me, Wise)

"I don't...think i'll be going anywhere...for a...while." Faye mumbled as she continued to hold her head. Blades glanced up the stairs, Casey out of his sight. He pointed his pistol up the stairwell "Faye...are you here? I'm worried..."

Profile pic by Sandy Schreiber, her work's awesome!

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 09:59:23 pm »
Edgar stepped out of the storage room, and groaned softly as he walked out the front of the hospital, seeing that it was beginning to get dark. He knew that he wouldn't be able to get back to his home by the time the sun set. He'd have to set up camp somewhere nearby. Climbing atop a pickup truck, he scouted the area for any suitable places to stay the night.
GameMaster Status!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2015, 12:52:49 am »
Casey made eye contact with Faye and put a finger over her mouth, silently telling her to be quiet. She waited for Blades to pass by so she could catch him from behind. Her plan may not havw worked out entirely, but it was all she could go on at the moment. Hopefully it would work so she can know who this guy is.
Check out my Deviantart if you wanna http://kimberlinphotography.deviantart.com/

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:47 am »
Rose pulled to a stop at an intersection downtown, several nearby shops catching her eye as potential places to hole up for the night. She drove around the back of one such place and shut the truck off. She then climbed out, grabbing the case and her pig tool. (I left it open If you want it to be a place a PC already is.)
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2015, 12:59:28 pm »
(Since Kodoku will be away for a little bit, i'll just put Theo and his little buddy somewhere safe till his return.)

(Aryd)

As Edgar scanned the area, he saw a few options for shelter. There was a church with a high bell tower that would keep him from the zombies most likely, there was also a little inn which seemed pretty quiet, he could also try the plaza with the hair dressing shop, pharmacy, thrift store, comic shop and mini organic food store.

(Sledge)

As Rose pulled into the plaza that Edgar was overlooking, she also saw the different shops she could try to hole up in for the night.

(Me, Wise)

Blades slowly walked up into the apartment above the silver scissors, looking for Faye "Faye? You alright?"

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2015, 09:28:34 pm »
As Blades entered the apartment, he was caught off guard with a gun to the back of his head. "Make any sudden moves and I guarantee I won't hesitate to pull the trigger," Casey said somewhat coldly. "Is Faye the lioness? If so, she's in her room. She looks like she overdosed on something. Maybe painkillers or something. I don't know. You can check on her, but you gotta put your weapon down."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 12:16:43 pm »
that pharmacy will be cleaned out Rose thought, grabbing her pig tool and rifle case and climbing out of her truck. that organic store might have something that kept, though... this decided, she went to the organic food store and tried the door to see if it was unlocked.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 10:32:00 pm »
Edgar, after a moment of thought, decided to go for the bell tower. Hopefully, it would both keep him safe for the night, and give him a good bird's eye view of the area surrounding him. He made his way to the church, and upon arriving, he tried the door.
GameMaster Status!

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2015, 10:46:30 pm »
(Sledge)

The door of the organic food market opened with a mere push, sure it was a bit disheveled inside but there was relatively little blood on the floor or signs there were people here during the main panic. Half the shelves were thinly stocked with varying organic, healthy food items from organic cake mixes and dried fruit to celery root and whole grain chips and dried mushrooms and whatnot. There was even a little propane burner on a table nearby, must have been a demo station. With a little work...could be habitable.

(Aryd)

Edgar opened up to see the church was rather empty, a weird blockade near the front alter consisting of pews and military fencing...must have been an old evac point. The ladder up to the tower was sturdy. Edgar could probably improvise some bedding for the night if he so chose.

(Me, Wise)

Blades slowly raised his hands, handgun visible. "Faye..." hen turned to look at Casey. "Look, i'm a decent guy but i'm not a pushover..." he looked over at a nearby end table "Let's just both place our weapons on the end table there and assess the situation here..." trying to make a reasonable counter offer.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2015, 11:18:43 pm »
Rose gave smiled to herself and sat the rifle case on the table next to the burner. "First thing's first..." She placed the pick of her pig took into the hasp(loop) of the lock on the case, then pried it against the table.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 06:50:50 pm »
(Sorry, I didn't realize Sledge was in the same place as me.)

Edgar, as he was looking around the inside of the church, heard the sounds of a truck turning off. He quickly closed the doors behind him. Walking over to the area with the military fencing, he checked about for anything that he could use, hoping to find some sort of firearm or ammo. He figured that if all went well, he would then climb up to the bell tower to get a view of the truck he heard.
GameMaster Status!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2015, 07:38:11 pm »
Casey chuckled. "You think I'm joking... don't you? I won't hesitate to shoot you now and end your little story," she said pressing the barrell harder against his head. "Drop the gun... now."

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 10:14:07 pm »
(Aryd)

Edgar dug around in the military barricade area. Wasn't much luck in the firearm department, only a revolver which appeared to have only two bullets. But that's not to say looking wasn't worthwhile. It appeared there were some useful items left behind in the disheveled mess. Some varied weapons and even some protective gear was in the barricaded area.

Items:
Ruger Vaquero (2/6) x1
Improvised stun rod x1
Combat knife x1
Entrenching tool x1
Kevlar Helmet x1

also, there was a footlocker nearby that if Edgar decided to root himself here or in the nearby plaza might not be a bad place to stash his extra gear.

(Sledge)

After some struggling and prying, the gun case opened for Rose. Inside was a winter camo Remington 700 with a scope and three magazines. There seemed to be something masterful between the paint job and how the rifle felt down to the very craftsmanship of the piece itself.

Items:
Remington 700 w/ scope x1
Remington 700 magazine x3
Rifle strap x1 (can be used to carry the rifle on the back, freeing an inventory slot)

(Me, Wise)

Blades seemed to snap a little as the gun pressed into his head a little more "...I know i'm not joking..." he slammed the gun into the holster. "...I also don't leave myself at the mercy of strangers...you know firing that gun would draw every zed for miles...blocks...a situation you can't slip out of..." Blades replied pushing Casey's gun away from his head, his tone sounding a bit more angered and grim. Relying on a mix of intimidation and reason this time as apposed to pleading, trying to play on her psyche which seemed questionable to him.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:27:03 pm by T-Yoshi45 »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 11:08:50 pm »
Rose smirked and slowly ran her finger down the stock, then popped a mag in and chambered a round. "Beautiful weapon." She muttered, attaching the sling and placing the weapon on her shoulder. She then set about gathering the few remaining food items that had kept.

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 07:47:34 pm »
Edgar looked at the items he'd found in the military barricade, wanting to manage the items he was carrying as quickly as possible. He put the Colt 2000 he had on him in the footlocker, picking up the revolver to take it's place. He put the helmet on his head, and grabbing the combat knife and the stun rod. He put the entrenching tool in the footlocker; Edgar didn't plan on digging any holes anytime soon. Once he got all that settled, he began climbing to the bell tower of the church, as to get a look at the truck he'd heard.
GameMaster Status!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2015, 01:12:26 pm »
"Beautiful weapon indeed," a voice said as a knife was put to Rose's throat. "Now... that case there was locked for a reason, but I'll assume you don't know what locks mean. Locks are meant for keeping the unwanted out of other people's belongings. Do you understand?"

Casey seemed to just stare at Blades for a couple of moments as he was brave enough to push her gun away from his head. But she then cracked a smile, which soon bursted into laughter. "You... you're right on that. But...-" she tried to say in between laughs. After a minute she ceased laughing almost abruptly and looked back into Blades' eyes with a smirk once more. "You know you're pretty funny. Not very intimidating but confident. I'll give you that," she said as she flicked a finger on his chin. "Go see your Faye. Tell me how she is. You probably know more than I do."

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2015, 02:21:59 pm »
"I get into locked places for a living." Rose said, outwardly not showing her distress at having a knife to her throat, though she deffinately felt it inwardly. "And besides, it was in a warehouse, in a crate. If the owner was alive, they would've claimed it by now." As she spoke, she ever so slowly reached for her pig tool a few inches away. "I'm sure you don't want to kill someone who could save your life, now do you?"

Offline T-Yoshi45

• Male
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2015, 09:53:52 pm »
(Aryd)

Edgar made it to the top of the bell tower and saw the plaza below him...everything seemed so small from up here. The truck looked to be maintained. The plaza stores seemed to be completely dead of life, living or otherwise save for ambient noises. seemed oddly peaceful...something no one seemed to find these days.

(Me, Wise)

Blades looked at Casey dumbfounded, her reaction had thrown him off completely. "Ummm...okay." Blades couldn't tell how Casey was gonna behave. Did she wanna shoot him? Be buddy-buddy with him? Date him? He just wasn't at all sure. "Let's...have a look at Faye." he went into Faye's room, seeing her on the bed barely conscious. "She like this when you came in? Not implying you did this."

Offline Aryd

• Mediocre at best.
  • Male
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 10:14:04 pm »
As Edgar looked out at the truck, the thought of stealing whatever was in it crossed his mind many times. However, this idea was shot down by the possibility of whoever the truck belonged to coming out in the middle of him doing the task, which would almost certainly result in his death. He decided that his best option would be to barricade himself in the church well, in case whoever this truck belonged to tried to barge in while he was sleeping. He climbed back down the ladder, and scoped out his options for barricading.
GameMaster Status!

Offline The Wise one

• Bro
  • Male
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 09:23:09 pm »
"Let's just say I have drop-off locations. Maybe I was here before. But I know that there is my weapon," the sabre-tooth said to Rose. "Now if you could kindly hand it over I would be much obliged."

"Nah. She was like that when I came in. Musta overdosed on something. Probably not too good speaking that she looks half-dead already," Casey said with a shrug.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2015, 11:54:29 am »
"Oh, and you were too weak to go get it yourself?" Rose asked, her fingers finding the handle of her pig tool. "I'm notbuying it. There were no walkers for over twenty minutes. Now, can I turn around and talk to you face to face, or are you too weak for that too?"