Author Topic: The Blackest Grimoire (IC)  (Read 18916 times)

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: The Blackest Grimoire (IC)
« Reply #475 on: February 08, 2015, 02:49:33 pm »
"Pire." Shade said. "We've proven it time and again. We've even had your kind as slaves before. We're faster and smarter. In your wolf form your kind is strong, but none too bright. And besides, football wasn't the point, merely an illustration."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:44:14 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #476 on: February 08, 2015, 09:35:24 pm »
"I could care less your faster but we got the strength, I hate people who enslave others." He wiped his forehead and smiled" but I don't hate you." He finished his water and put the empty water bottle in his backpack. He layed back down on his back and hummed some more.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 09:38:06 pm by Shard the wolf »
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• My snark is worse than my bite
  • Male
« Reply #477 on: February 08, 2015, 11:27:06 pm »
Jacoby put his hands up in a defensive gesture before putting one hand back on his hip, almost posing"Hey, hey. it's just an offer" he started to use his charms a little "I'll give you time to think about it"

"Oh thank the gods" his entire frame seemed to relax a little at the news "You can stop them right? My boat is on the harbor, I can take you out to where we were attacked"

(in this cubi can turn their charms on and off, but can't really control who it affects, it will work on any non-fey within a certain radius (dependent on their power, dependent on age) how much it affects someone is related to general intelligence of that creature, very dull creatures like transformed werewolves are extremely strongly affected while creatures like vampires have a lessened vulnerability, and can tell when they are under the influence, but they are still affected strongly enough that they may pull their punches)
how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #478 on: February 09, 2015, 02:14:49 am »
Shade's eyes snapped open and went directly to Jacoby. "Really? You know I can tell what you're doing, right?" She rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to Sven. "You don't think I've ever owned slaves? How old do you think me to be?" She  closed her eyes once more and decided not to press the argument of speed and intelligence versus strength.

"We will stop them for you." Dodger said, giving a nod of affirmation. "Lead the way, captain."
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #479 on: February 09, 2015, 04:29:15 am »
"I could careless if you have or haven't. What happens in the past, stays in the past it's as simple as that, as for age I'm guessing a couple hundred maybe like 254." He got up and said "I'm gonna go take a walk for a while, and take a look around." He got up and started walking the shoreline he wasn't close to the water.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:33:41 am by Shard the wolf »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #480 on: February 09, 2015, 12:55:46 pm »
Altius shook his head at Sven. "Nothing in the past ever stays there." He took a few deep breaths and seemed to calm down a little. "So these things...they're water right?"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #481 on: February 09, 2015, 06:09:04 pm »
 Sven kept walking, he was simply thinking and not really paying any attention to anything. He soon felt like he was lost(he's like half a mile away now), so he sat down in the sand and stared at the ocean. He had never seen the ocean and it was his first time, he felt relaxed and care free.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:30:21 pm by Shard the wolf »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #482 on: February 09, 2015, 10:20:53 pm »
(i'm going to say you stayed with the group, because we are heading out now and we are not spending another page looking for you)

"Aye, this way" the captain walked out, the group leaders following him and gesturing for everyone to follow them, they were led to the main dock where there was a large fishing boat that looked like it's usual crew was 8=10 people "One last problem, there is no sane crew to get this thing running, and the engine is out, show of hands if any of you know water or wind magic"

As they walked Aaron spoke up to Altius :It's not polite to eavesdrop, but no, they are not made of water, there an ethereal form bound to the essences of water magic upon their death, usually in their previous lives they were a demon of some sort that is already partial to water, like a Siren, or a Kappa, but sometimes a particularly malevolent human soul will die at sea and become one"

Aaron raised his hand "I can do wind, but my second is earth and I don't think that will help us"

Jacoby raised his hand as well "but i'm not getting involved here, fire isn't good for wooden boats"

how many neon pink and black rabbits does it take to screw up a lightbulb factory?

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #483 on: February 09, 2015, 11:50:53 pm »
(Ok that's fine) Sven looked at the boat and got on finding a place to sit down . He looked at the open sea and smiled, he liked how amazing it was "It's beautiful out there." He gazed out at the waters and listened. He asked the captain "how far away are these...things?"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 11:53:24 pm by Shard the wolf »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #484 on: February 10, 2015, 01:02:08 pm »
"I can control both wind and water." Shade said as she stepped onto the boat. "I which direction are we setting sail?"

"Sorry to leave you with these guys, Vix." Dodger said as he passed by her. "There's something off about that mayor. He put off an aura... I think. It was only for a second or so."

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #485 on: February 10, 2015, 06:01:46 pm »
Altius glanced at Aaron as he explained to him what the creatures really were. "Thanks, i'll probably still hang back because last time i checked water and i do not get along very well...like at all really."
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #486 on: February 10, 2015, 09:07:54 pm »
"Sailstorm, We just need one water and one wind mage for this, so you" he pointed at shade "will be at the back of the boat pushing us and making sure we don't taake on water" he pointed over at Aaron "and you will be providing us wind" the sails seemed to begin unfurling and rigging themselves as he said this, until you noticed small pebbles braided into the ropes "You are sworn to protect the people you help, i don't need to tell you that they would literally crucify me if they found out I was an earth mage, even if I know such little magic as I do" He looked over at Sven "nautical directions are complicated, and if I told you you still wouldn't understand" the boat began to move away from the dock, further out they could already see an ominous fog hanging over the water.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:44:18 pm by Jacoby Quinn »

Offline ColonelMustang

• Male
« Reply #487 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:41 pm »
Altius made his way to the bow of the boat and looked out over the water. He had a concerned look on his face then began to back away standing more or less in the center of the boat. He closed his eyes and than began to sing. "I dreamed a dream the other night. Lowlands, Lowlands away me John! My love she came, dressed all in white. Lowlands away..."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 10:56:20 pm by ColonelMustang »
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #488 on: February 10, 2015, 09:43:49 pm »
Altius made his way over towards the sails. He looked up and stared at them for a few seconds. "You are a rather easy concept, but difficult to master if anything i've read is true." He took his position and began checking for the strength and direction of the natural wind, while he did so he slightly laughed at himself, muttering under his breath. "A lightning mage capturing the wind, amusing idea."

(oops...getting names mixed up, sorry about that, editing)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #489 on: February 11, 2015, 12:51:36 am »
Sven nodded to the captain,he looked at fog and whispered to himself "Strange things are happening." He got up and walked to the side of the boat and rested his arms on the sides.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 12:58:01 am by Shard the wolf »

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #490 on: February 11, 2015, 03:19:53 am »
(i already said to slow down on the posts once, not every post requires a reply)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #491 on: February 11, 2015, 10:07:27 am »
(OK,sorry i have a bad memory sometimes  :P i will try to limit)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 10:14:13 am by Shard the wolf »

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #492 on: February 11, 2015, 11:57:32 pm »
"contre-courant.(undertow.)" Shade said with a nod, something beginning to push the boat immediately afterwards. She leaned against the railing and closed her eyes in a blissful expression, once more taking in the warmth of the sun.

"Sorry to leave you with these guys, Vix." Dodger said as he passed by her. "There's something off about that mayor. He put off an aura... I think. It was only for a second or so."

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #493 on: February 12, 2015, 12:34:49 am »
"It's okay" she blushed "they are rather crude though...are you sue it wasn't just your eyes playing tricks on you?" she sat back, pulling out her Violin and playing a song on it, it was an odd fluttering melody

(Reply then we skip to troubled waters)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #494 on: February 12, 2015, 12:46:55 am »
"No, I'm not sure." Dodger said. "Though if there's one thing I've learned... It's to trust my gut. And my gut tells me something's wrong."

(Ok, go ahead.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #495 on: February 12, 2015, 04:53:52 pm »
after about 10 minutes of sailing, the sails started to fold themselves away, and fish began to leap from the wter, several landing in the boat. It was a fishermans dream, but Angus looked somewhere between grim and deathly pale "and now we wait"

(sledge, would you like to initiate or shall I?)

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #496 on: February 12, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »
(You probably should. I have no idea how you want this done. I know what's going to happen, but not how.)

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #497 on: February 12, 2015, 05:54:18 pm »
(hmm...guess you're right) after a few minutes, the  water started to get a bit more violent, fish began leaping everywhere and Holly leaned over to look into the water, without warning, a figure that looked like muddied water in the form of a person with droopy, stretched proportions burst from the water, grabbing her and attempting to drag her in. A scream escaped her lips before it was lost to a burble.

Offline Sledge

• Male
« Reply #498 on: February 12, 2015, 06:05:13 pm »
"Gungnir." Dodger snarled, grabbing Holly's arm. A precise bolt of lightning shot past his shoulder and Holly's head, directly at the being.

Offline Jacoby Quinn

• Male
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2015, 03:50:22 pm »
The creature let out a gurgling shreik and released her, burbling howls filled the air as the water began to froth up. aren and Joey rushed over and  helped pull her up before standing ready. Aren stood over Jacoby as he knelt down and began drawing a circle "they're water, that means we won't get much time to use this circle before they wash it away"

(We are under attack, you guys might want to post)