Author Topic: Royal Blood (1x1 with Sledge)  (Read 1559 times)

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
Royal Blood (1x1 with Sledge)
« on: February 19, 2015, 02:22:14 am »
Muzania sat atop his battle mount taking in the scene of death in the valley below as his men clashed with the army of the Kingdom of the Scarlet Dawn. He looked over his shoulder to his Second in Command. "You see this is a good adversary, this is a good fight." He held his arms up outstretched towards the the raging battle. "This is the fires that men are forged from!!.. I remember being told stories of the Stone heritage. Such as how Stone managed to endure a ten night onslaught with only 100 men in an effort to band together all the Northern kingdoms under one banner, but not just any banner! No! The banner of the Scarlet Dawn! Also the story of how King Stone once defended his entire keep with nary 50 men. It's astounding really, and an honor to be the one to strike down the Stone family name. The first in over 200 years." Muzania's Second simply nodded placing an armored paw on the the young human's shoulder. "Remember my liege, there is a reason they haven't been overtaken in 200 years. Their soldiers go through a training long forgotten. But today the banner of the Crimson Eagle shall fly over Stonereach Castle." "It will, in no small part, be  thanks to you. You showed my warriors what it means to fight with the heart of a Lion, and that is what shall secure us victory, but i digress on to where the prize is being kept. On to where we will make history!" With that Muzania and his Cohort began their advance towards the castle gates.
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
Re: Royal Blood (1x1 with Sledge)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:11:25 am »
Janelle watched the battle progress from the safety of her bedroom high in the keep. "I wouldn't have arranged my siege engines like that." She muttered, criticizing her attackers. "Of course, i wouldnt be attacking my own home either." She then returned to her bed and started running a sharpening stone down the elegant blade of her personal sword; as much a symbol of her position as a weapon, it was made of the metal from a meteorite and held more red color than most steel. The handle was smooth ivory, and the crossguard was finely wrought gold, with a sapphire set into each end. The pommel, also fine gold, had an even larger sapphire set into it. When she was happy with the edge, she stood and carefully placed the blade under her mattress.

As the cohort approached the castle, soldiers locked in battle in every other direction, a massive swarm of arrows flew over the wall, about half burning as they crossed the sky. At the same time as that aparrant distraction, the gate opened and the famous Scarlet Dawn Calvary filed out, the horses they were known for kicking up dust as they shifted anxiously. These were war horses, chargers, bred to press the attack and continue charging. Not only was it the training that made them so well known; they were some of the stoutest bred animals around, able to carry a fully armored knight with ease. The leader sounded his horn as the arrows started their descent.
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.

Offline ColonelMustang

• Species: Dire-Wolf
  • The Two Fisted Protein Junkie
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:31:09 pm »
"Yes! There they are Krushok! There stand their famed riders, but they have yet to face a foe such as myself." Muzania jumped of his battlemount, his armor clinking upon impact. Krushok, his Second in Command took Muzania's battle mount and sent the warg back to the main camp. "Remember young master to trust in not just yourself but, in the strength of your soldiers as well. Muzania nodded as he took his place among his men yelling out "Lancer wall!" His command was meet with the sound of battle cries and metal moving about as his soldiers readied their tower shields and jammed their vicious looking lances, covered in jagged edges, through small carefully placed gaps. As the arrows began to rain down most collided harmlessly with the shields, but a few managed to catch some unlucky soldiers dropping a fair number of them "They may be know for their defense and their Horsemen, but they have not faced our ferocity or our Lances! and they shall fall because of your might, your will, and your determination!!!"
Sarzon! <-- inside joke

Offline Sledge

• Species: Fyr Cat
  • Peace through superior firepower.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 12:08:50 am »
Janelle returned to the window to watch the battle, then made a decision. Opening her wardrobe, she dug into the back to get a special black riding suit-she couldn't get ahold of actual armor, a bow, and some of her stockpile of specially designed arrows which she placed into a custom quiver; she'd pulled a few strings with her blacksmith friend a while back. She then got dressed and belted her quiver on, as well as placed her bow across her chest using the string to hold it in place. She wrapped a black cloth around her face and hair, and began to sneak her way slowly to the courtyard outside.

"And where are we off to now, princess?" A voice as dark and smooth as black velvet asked, causing Janelle to jump. The voice in question came from a feral tiger whose colors were inverted, rising from where he had been lying by the door.

"Damn it, Entity." Janelle said, deffinately not in a princess-like way, her tones hushed. "You scared the hell out of me. Just... Come along. I'm going to go cause havoc amongst the enemies troops."

----------

The horses pawed at the ground, anxious to be in battle, as their riders lined up and lowered long poleaxes. Their commander drew a massive broadsword and shouted something undecipherable. A moment later, three massive flaming projectiles came flying over the walls, at the attackers. At the same time, the Calvary charged.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 10:49:56 pm by Sledge »
A wise man once said: "don't anger a man who can end you from another zip code."

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum. - If You Want Peace, Prepare For War.