Author Topic: Unstable Glitch Pokemon  (Read 3708 times)

Offline Madam Glitch

• Species: Dragon
  • The Madam of the Glitches
  • Female
    • DeviantART
Unstable Glitch Pokemon
« on: April 01, 2016, 09:01:02 am »
Howdy folks. I wanted to make a post talking about an unstable Glitch Pokemon that I caught in my Virtural Console copy of Pokemon Blue. You see, I used the Mew Glitch just to see what Pokemon I would get from random people. Well, I used two trainers in Fuchsia City and Route 15 and ended up encountering two Missingno. I couldn't catch the first Missingno, but I did catch the second Missingno. Apparently it was an unstable Missingno and became a Rhydon when it was transferred into the PC after being caught. I'll include pictures I took with my phone in order to show you so what I'm talking about. I'll also provide some context for each picture. I will be using yellow for my notes on the picture

This is the first Missingno. I couldn't get a picture of the second Missingno during battle, but they both looked the same.

This is the unstable Missingno when I took it out of my PC (yes, I used a lot of Rare Candies to level it up; no it didn't even evolve). Please take note of the stats

This is what the unstable looks like while in the PC. Please take note of the stats

Here are the two characters that I used to encounter Missingno. The first is in Fuchsia City, while the second is from Route 15

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
Re: Unstable Glitch Pokemon
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 04:01:34 pm »
Unfortunately if you saved the game, you may as well have to delete your save and start over.

I know there's a way to catch mew which isn't so much a glitch but more so a ritual, and I'd just use the missing no method of talking to the old man and swimming on the side of that one island for infinite rare candies.

Other than that, maybe find an emulator that has a cheat engine/system installed for games? Not sure how well game shark works on an emulator.
Every now and then...

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:14:37 pm »
After posting this, I did some research and found out some things. Turns out that Missingno is quite unstable, and there isn't really any way to stabilize it unless you keep it in your party forever. Putting it in the PC tends to be the trigger that makes it become the unstable mess I posted about earlier. Even capturing a Rhyhorn and making it become a Rhydon didn't help (I had read that it would keep the Missingno stable).

After doing the Old Man Glitch, I found out that Missingno acts the same as the method I mentioned in my last post. I don't know about 'M since I haven't tried capturing it. I haven't had the space in my party to capture an 'M so I didn't try (capturing an 'M and having it sent to the PC tends to make your game freeze if you try to withdraw any Pokemon).
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"
--Mewtwo

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 10:18:10 pm »
Yep, strange how people figured it all out.

And whatever you do, don't fight a Missingno against another Missingno, it could damage the game data but you're using an emulator...so I'm not sure how that works.
Mate of WereCat

Offline Madam Glitch

• Female
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 06:44:00 pm »
Damaging game data how? The only thing it does mess up is the Hall of Fame Data. I've encountered/caught several Missingno and my data hasn't messed up at all
--Mewtwo

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 08:10:06 am »
Sometimes it corrupts the save files, but like I said, I have no idea how an Emulator would handle it seeing how there's easily multiple savestates. So if you're careful you could easily deal with it. It happens when you fight a Missingno you cought with a wild Missingno so it's easily avoidable as well.

It's kind of similar to the Super Metroid death beam glitch, sure it's crazy powerful but using it could damage the game itself...or so I've been told. Not to mention it's rather hard to pull off despite how simple it is to activate.
Mate of WereCat