Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 122296 times)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2500 on: July 26, 2023, 08:51:03 pm »
Watching everyone play Fnaf Security Breach Ruin with my Vanny plush   :goldglee:

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2501 on: July 27, 2023, 01:13:33 pm »
Working on a model kit. Been staying indoors yesterday and today during the heat wave. Probably tomorrow too.

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #2502 on: July 28, 2023, 04:56:44 am »
Apparently being a mod for a facebook group. This group has been hit hard by spammers and scams. So every time I've gone to the page I'd report them. Now I instantly get a message telling me the posters I've reported have been banned.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2503 on: July 29, 2023, 10:26:15 pm »
Ended up leaving that facebook page. Seven spam posts for every member post. The same spammers. Over and over. x
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2504 on: July 31, 2023, 02:57:09 pm »
Keeping track of the experiment. The UV radiation is having an adverse effect on aluminum. This was not expected as I'm using the metal as a shield. Directly under the experiment the aluminum is melting away in one spot. I've moved the energy source. However the spot continues to melt. The heat produced by the source is so low it's not heating the above enclosure. Not even warm to the touch. The quality of the UV wavelength is 395 out of a possible 400. We're talking tanning strong. So it would appear it's the UV radiation that's causing the melting. The melting is also not hot. This does not have any effect on the experiment. There is glass between it and the aluminum.  I'll replace the aluminum and keep going.

Going to look this up when I have the time.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2505 on: August 03, 2023, 12:32:56 am »
Your experiment is strange Cause.
If you mean you are using 390 to 400 nm UV light,  it will pass through normal glass I think.  However shorter wavelengths get blocked by glass.
Aluminum maybe is undergoing photoelectric effect whereby electrons become freed to make a current because the light have them enough energy to move about.  But I wonder if the UV is reacting with oxygen in air to make weak ozone which eats aluminum making oxides?
Sounds interesting.

I'm up to being cold feet about going to denfur 2023... probably will go but my involvement will be small and I might go home early and this will be last con.  I could use encouragement.  I wanted to speak to convention chat group on telegram and say just that.  Hey I could use encouragement to go.  But... sounded lame.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2506 on: August 03, 2023, 04:34:22 am »
Thanks Jade. The aluminum is under a flat piece of glass. No air flow. And it's only happening in one spot. There is also no signs of damage to any other parts of the shielding. I did search for answers. Apparently UV will degrade aluminum. But it's not supposed to melt it. Also found out that UV ADDS molecular weight to some mettle types.  So the idea that an energy can become matter does happen. Honestly this all is fun. But has nothing to do with what I'm trying to accomplish. i am accomplishing what I was hoping to. Learning all this new stuff adds to the fun.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2507 on: August 04, 2023, 03:37:30 am »
Found a good article on UV radiation and oxidation. I may have not gotten all the water off the bottom of the glass before starting the experiment. UV induced oxidation may also explain why the substance I'm working with is oxidizing faster than it should. For me that is a REALLY good thing.. Someone found a way to go from 4 months down to 41 days. If I can get the same results in, a this rate, two weeks that's even better. The experiment has been running for 9 days now. It'd doubled in viscosity. If it's stable, doesn't break back down into a runny liquid, It will be perfect. Once it reaches the target viscosity I'll have to compare it to the manufactured product.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2508 on: August 05, 2023, 06:20:30 pm »
Still watching people play Ruin lol

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2509 on: August 08, 2023, 02:39:32 pm »
Experiment is moving faster than I thought it would. Computer is not. Looks like I'm going to have to replace my ten year old mac after all. Not able to get to my email and having trouble with a few sites on line. Everything else works great.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2510 on: August 10, 2023, 02:40:29 pm »
First part of the experiment is completed. It's stability and usability is what's next. If this works I just turned $9 of material in to $35 in nine days. With a loss of 0.75 of an ounce in the process. this part of the experiment will take several days. Keeping my hopes up.

Now i need to learn to use my cell phone. Trying to find a 'cell phones for dummies' site. So I can learn without having to do more searches.  I did learn there is a speech to text feature so non more struggling with that keyboard.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2511 on: August 12, 2023, 06:10:00 pm »
Experiment is going well. Viscosity has held up. No signs of running or separation. Next is a side by side time test to compare it with the product I'm trying to make.

Checked my computer's performance. I'm down to four out of seven cores in my processor. Plus a ten year old operating system that's a bit out of date. Getting things done on my cel is like typing with a hammer. Not working out for me. I'm using Google mic. It works for everything except my passwords. Most are 20+ characters and need to be change often. Need a new box. Decided to stay with mac. There are things you can do on a PC you still can't on a mac. But after 30+ years if I really haven't needed them then it's not a real problem. Yes. Doing scale modeling on a mac is a joke. Hopefully that's something they've fixed in the last ten years. Also the newer mac keyboard doesn't have a 5 Key. Something i can't do without. I did learn there are keyboards that will run on Mac that do have what I need. The real problem. The latest Macs may not be coming out till early 24.  I can get the 2021 models. Or wait six months. May end up getting a cheap PC lap top just to check my email. The computer working on now isn't having performance issues. That's saying something with a processor that's half dead. So hopefully this box will last for another 6+ months.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2512 on: August 13, 2023, 06:19:11 pm »
Experiment update. First experiment was to compare viscosity. Something else was learned. Both mine and the manufactured oils created a sticky surface on the oil paint. Reason for this is the way oil paint oxidizes. Two quickly and the underling paint stays wet. Leaving the surface sticky. This happens a lot with water soluble oil paints. Both the oil I made and the manufactured are not meant to be used by themselves. But have to be mix with treated linseed oil. Normally at a 3 or 4 to one ratio of refined linseed oil to thickened.

Timed experiment day two. The oil I made is drying the paint faster than the manufactured. With two of the five slow drying oil paints partially dry after 24 hours. This is a strait one to one ration of paint and thickened oil. After this test I'll have to make a mix of my treated oil to match the four to one mix of the manufactured oil I currently use. What I'm hoping for is my oil dries at or faster than the manufactured oil without leaving a sticky film.

I'm also playing No Man's Sky and trying not to think about my computer problem. Rained so I can't mow the lawn. Have to fix my living room ceiling fan. One of the blades have come loose from the motor housing.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2513 on: August 15, 2023, 03:55:17 am »
Got a way to check my email. Good. Hopefully this will continue to work,

Experiment. Tacky surface on the first experiment has dried up. Both at the same time. With a third pigment drying completely without becoming tacky. This means three of the five pigments completely dried within 48 hours. Two left are notorious for being very slow to dry. The four to one mix experiment as started. This will take longer to dry. Because of the additional linseed oil. So far my creation is exceeding the brand's performance.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2514 on: August 16, 2023, 03:06:24 pm »
Experiment. Looks like the desired outcome is about 12 hours faster with the stuff i made.  However using my product  straight and at the four to one mix accelerates the oxidation at the same rate. I may have over done it. This is good if your doing alla prima . Not so good if your doing traditional oil painting methods. One of the best properties about oil paint is it's workability. It's actually easier to use than acrylics or watercolor.

This means there are two more experiments left before I call this stuff ready. First is finding a ratio that matches the traditional stuff. Second is it's shelf life. I'll put equal small amounts of both in sealed containers. See how long they take to turn into goop. Hopefully my stuff will last as long or outlast the traditionally made stuff.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2515 on: August 19, 2023, 10:14:44 pm »
I'm at Denfur 2023. Not bad.  I'm getting worn out. However.
Didn't do as much as I thought I would do.
May dance some tonight.
I want to do fursuit games tomorrow but it's when my room checks out.  So..........  I may pack up suit very early in the morning or late tonight so I can check out easy.  This means skipping the fursuit games.  Which I love.

I'm sort of lonely here.  I think this was my last convention.
I met a few who adored my basic easy simple German Shepard dog costume.  I'm glad they liked it.
Got some art. Watched a kick butt band caked the fleabags who apparently are from my town.. go figure.   They are a punk rock group. Pretty dang pawsome too!

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2516 on: August 20, 2023, 06:20:38 am »
I had to go buy two equal size small jars for the experiment. I ran out. Everything is running smoothly. Going to set up a spread sheet to keep track of all the experiment results. Keep it all in one place instead of a pile of paper.

Fixed my ceiling fan! One of the arms was coming loose. Had to take the light fixture off. Both screws that hold the arm in place were still there. All I had to do is retighten them. Checked the other four blade ares as well. No more knocks!

Picking some red cabbage. Turned out really bad. Followed an old icebox pickle recipe. Good for cucumbers. Not so go for cabbage.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2517 on: September 24, 2023, 11:22:41 am »
Made a tinfoil template of my fox partial's nose button. May cover the damaged area in either black felt or EVA foam.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2518 on: October 20, 2023, 01:27:05 am »
I know I keep talking about these experiments. But I have to share this. Something just happened that has me doing a happy dance. Even at my age. I had what i thought was a failed experiment. It didn't reach the same viscosity level as the first. However the molecular clarity was well improved. So I'm in the middle of doing the same usability experiments and ended up with new information. It's the clarity and NOT the viscosity that improves the performance of the product. Being a HUGE benefit to the end product. The heavier the viscosity the shorter the usability time.  I promise to tell all after I do the patent thing. It sounds more exciting than it really is.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2519 on: October 21, 2023, 11:22:17 am »
Working of video shorts for FPS. Gotta do a third take on the puppet skit though.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2520 on: October 21, 2023, 05:54:52 pm »
Got two window sills replaced. Repaired a door frame and wall. 
All doggie damage from when my pup was little.  She got bored...
But now you can't tell there was anything wrong.

Also fired up my old novelty plasma lighting.  You know... static globe,  lightning in a tube,  and the coveted "borg light" crackle plate.  They all respond to music.  Put on some techno and watch it do stuff.
Ahhh..... if only someone was here to share with.

:'( :goldhowl:
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2521 on: October 27, 2023, 01:30:19 pm »
Awesome lights Jade!

Getting my head out of the clouds and getting back on track. There is a reason why more than one person does experiments on the same thing. Way to easy to get result biased. I went off in the wrong direction Ended up wasting both time and product. Another $$$ to replace the stuff I have to toss. Stuff came in yesterday. I'll spend part of this weekend setting up new experiments to test a theory I should have been researching.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2522 on: October 28, 2023, 02:14:24 pm »
Nothing much. Just browsing the Internet.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2523 on: October 28, 2023, 10:47:38 pm »
Resting, watching a little TV, dog by my side.  Bed is warm.
Guts are hurting,  idk why.  But at least I'm not in a war zone.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2524 on: November 01, 2023, 10:19:00 am »
I am in county court house. I'm waiting to be selected as a juror or go home.
This is my 3rd time I think. 
I'm glad to serve. I take this seriously.
(Name that tune!)