Author Topic: What Are You Up To?  (Read 122316 times)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
Re: What Are You Up To?
« Reply #2525 on: November 08, 2023, 02:34:33 pm »
Jade Awesome!

More on the experiments. Just finished up two. One confirmed and the other was a complete failure.  Learned allot from the failed one so it's all good. I have one more on the fire. Already decided what will be the finished product. If it all goes well I look to be about 20K in dept by Christmas.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2526 on: November 10, 2023, 04:31:23 am »
OK. got information from a patent lawyer. Ya, it's going to take a bit. It's a two year process that's going to cost 20K a patent. So unfortunately this is where talking about it will kinda be silly. Did learn how to do my own patent search and a few other nice things. But unfortunately I wont be able to talk about the actual experiments. For two or more years. It's kinda funny. I was actually joking about going 20K in dept by Christmas. I had NO idea that was the actual cost.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2527 on: November 12, 2023, 07:14:35 am »
Recovering from the never-happened fursuit walk of Frankenmuth. Produced several short videos for the Funday Pawpet Show. Will make and submit yet another this AM.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2528 on: November 13, 2023, 01:50:18 am »
Finally getting LED c7 lights for the Christmas tree. These are the old five color, red, green, blue, white and orange light bulbs. Was going to go with one brand that has complete sets. WAY to expensive. Almost 70$ for a 25 socket set. So I got bulbs off of Amazon. All the colors match almost perfectly with the old ceramic coated glass bulbs. Except for the white. I ended up coating them with a light brownish yellow to dull them down. Now you can't tell the difference. Had to buy empty light strands. All in all it was still expensive. Came to about $28 a lighted strand. Still $40 cheaper a strand than what I was looking at. Also bought extra colors. Back in the day they didn't have standardised colors. So I got a five pack of each, pink, yellow and purple to add variety. I think it was in the early 70s when the idea of just red, blue, green, orange ( gold ) and white ( silver ) became the standard colors for both ornaments and lights. I remember seeing mini lights strands for the first time back then as well. They were VERY expensive and very prone to breaking. One light goes out and the entire strand goes. As far as electric goes 6 strands of incandescent would run 1050 watts. The LED will run at 90. In my old house that means I'll be able to have both the tree AND the TV on at the same time.  :D

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #2529 on: November 21, 2023, 04:45:57 pm »
Watching Pixel Partners play Ace Attorney Miles Edgeworth Investigations.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #2530 on: December 03, 2023, 02:51:47 pm »
Submitted several short videos to FPS for tonight's show.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2531 on: December 15, 2023, 03:05:39 am »
Baking Christmas.  Last night I did cookies. I did everything wrong. Except the measurements. Proves it's really hard to screw up making coolies. Was going to make more tonight but I don't have enough sugar. Talked to my brother today. He wants to bake a turkey for Christmas. Means I wont have to make a lasagna. But i will have to make all the sides. bread and pies, Pies are easy, they come in a box. :) Add this to all the cookies, home made breads and a hand full of other things I want to make ( stollen, cinnamon rolls, a cake or two and the like )  I'll be hall'en a few crates of food. Worth it. Best part is I'll leave it all there. 

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2532 on: December 16, 2023, 06:56:54 pm »
Still baking Christmas. No candied peel to be found. So I have to make it. It takes hours. Then I have to let it sit for a good 24 hours to let it set up. And after that it gets soaked in dark rum with other fruits for another 8 to 12 hours. This is one thing I'll have to start this week end and finish next. That's another thing I had to buy. Rum. Guess i'll find out how many years of shelf life this stuff has. I have a bottle of VO that's still in it's original box. Given to me 28 years ago.  So for the rest of today I'll be doing breads. Then more cookies, or small cakes. Need to figure out timing so I can have breads going in and out of the oven. Actually have a bread cook book that has time tables for bakeries. Making it easier to do breads that rise and bake at different times. Also have to make my own marzipan. Not something your going to find in this small town. Might make an almond torte with the remaining almond flour. Yes I love to cook. this is the only tie of year I can cook this stuff cuz I can't eat it. Still smack when I can....:)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2533 on: December 17, 2023, 01:24:34 am »
Kinda baking Christmas ..... still making mistakes. Guess this is my year. :) Bought steal cut oats instead of rolled. Decided to try making oatmeal cookies with it anyway. Like gravel. I'll have to get the right stuff tomorrow.  I am trying a different bread starter. Yudane. It's a way of making the bread softer. Personally I like a good stiff textured bread. Holds up to a meal. If this Yudane works I'll use it to make soft cinnamon rolls.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #2534 on: December 17, 2023, 11:54:56 am »
I, only once,  bought steel cut oats. I tried eating some,  couldn't give them away.  Threw them out.  Gravel is good description.

I'm busy being sick apparently.  Haha.
And not from oats. .
I hope to get to store to buy clothes,  many I have are getting tattered.
But whenever I get there the pants size I wear are never there.  And I hate buying clothes online because I didn't try them on first.  It can take me a whole day to buy clothes and I hate that.

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #2535 on: December 19, 2023, 01:27:06 pm »
Stocking my pantry full of groceries that came in last night. A whole lot of mac n cheese, cream of chicken soup, rice, canned chicken, spaghettios, Gatorade powder and water.
Fully stocked for the month and probably a bit into the next month too :D
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2536 on: December 24, 2023, 08:16:42 pm »
Just waiting for Christmas! And petting my stuffed fox that is the softest thing ever  :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2537 on: December 26, 2023, 01:34:28 am »
Well... turned neighbor in for animal neglect.  They left 2 dogs outside for almost 7 hours in 15F weather,  with strong wind.  No dog house.  No dog door
 No one home
No food. No water.  Nothing. It's been cloudy here no sun to warm them. Then at night no clouds,  meaning Temps will drop more. 
Someone finally came and put dogs in.  After I called.
I took photos every hour of dogs and my thermometer.  They were shivering and balled up against the fence.  .
This is not the first time this has happened.  This is just the first time I've called.  Previously someone else called.  These dogs need to go to somewhere else.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #2538 on: December 26, 2023, 04:55:55 pm »
Well... turned neighbor in for animal neglect.  They left 2 dogs outside for almost 7 hours in 15F weather,  with strong wind.  No dog house.  No dog door
 No one home
No food. No water.  Nothing. It's been cloudy here no sun to warm them. Then at night no clouds,  meaning Temps will drop more. 
Someone finally came and put dogs in.  After I called.
I took photos every hour of dogs and my thermometer.  They were shivering and balled up against the fence.  .
This is not the first time this has happened.  This is just the first time I've called.  Previously someone else called.  These dogs need to go to somewhere else.

What kind of dogs were they? Cause some dogs are literally made for cold weather. If they were something like a husky or a malamute or a boz or something then I'd say you jumped the gun.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2539 on: December 26, 2023, 11:51:14 pm »
HI Kay,
They are under-fed Rottweilers.
Shivering.

My German Shepard dog can tolerate 15F no problem.  When she gets to -10F her paws freeze within <15 min.  Walks at that temp need boots for her. Which we use.  Perhaps if she was in Alaska she would be good at lower temperature.  Meaning dogs do acclimate some.

I've had -10F here last winter thus how I know that about my dog.   At those Temps my neighbors rotties did poorly.

Perhaps since I've also seen the male rottie dog drugged in the past  coupled with the fact these people want to make money on puppies,  swayed my mind to call. Unfortunately I have Perhaps developed a bad image of these people.   My other neighbors have called 2 times for both extreme heat and cold on these owners.

I did not do this easily.  I fear retaliation from them,  and worry about trouble.  I waited till I couldn't bear it any more.  I even called others to get "calibrated" before calling on them.

In the end,  I think my call went unheard.  It was left on the after hours animal wellfare office. It was Christmas after all.
I think my loud yelling caused someone to come out of a drug stupor and remember they left dogs outside.

These people are heavy drinkers and use drugs as well.
They are not model citizens.
As you can tell I take a very dim view on such things.
I sometimes wonder if perhaps i am the last person left with some integrity in this part of town... too much of this sort of thing here.

What am I up to?
Browsing furry art sites.
I still love furry.  There are things that drew me in.  They still do.
Art that makes me think of fantastical settings,  powerful creatures.  Beautiful girls that make me take notice.  Ideas of transforming,  like a werewolf. 
No matter how crappy furry is at times,  there are things that draw me back.  Even a well drawn cute male character, caught my eye.  And I'm not even gay or bi.

(Name that tune!)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #2540 on: December 27, 2023, 12:30:15 pm »
. . .
Ah i see. Then in that casevi would say the call was justified and hope something happens to get those dogs out of there.

As for my current doings, I'm holed up in my trailer with my dogs trying to stay warm. It's a pretty chilly, cloudy day today.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2541 on: December 31, 2023, 12:26:09 am »
Awesome Jade. Hope something good comes out of this.

Been a real screwed up week. Doing the family Christmas this weekend, tomorrow. Spent Christmas day in the hospital with family. Decided to try to cook some more. Things not turning out. Need a new range. Be my Christmas gift to myself this year. Like to have one with a convection fan. Things cook slightly faster and the browning is awesome.

On the up side I learned something this week that I've been researching for over 10 years now. And it was in English! I didn't have to use Google translate. If you have ever tried 'translate' you know some languages do not translate well into English. Most of the words translate but in an order that doesn't make much sense. Some words don't translate at all. I've spent YEARS using the caption function on videos. Hand typing the words. Or going through web sites copying and pasting then into google translate. Nobody and I mean Nobody said a word about the materials used. Until one video. And these folks sung like canaries.  I have finally learned ALL the materials and techniques to Italian Cartapesta. Or poor mans' marble. They call it paper mache. But there is no paper in it. It's impossible to get wood based paper to work.

Offline Mister Initial Man

• Species: Lynx/Bear
  • Male
    • The Lynx's Den
« Reply #2542 on: January 04, 2024, 03:18:08 pm »
Watching a video about barbie games and making sure my cat is happy.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2543 on: January 11, 2024, 01:44:18 pm »
Winterizing my water pipes.  We're headed for -2 over the weekend.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2544 on: January 14, 2024, 03:52:33 am »
Surviving the cold. It's -5 with a healthy wind. Electricity went out for a bit over an hour. House dropped in temp from 72 to about 65. Comfortable but I was getting worried. I have a kerosene heater. Really didn't want to set that smelly thing up. All good now. Hope everyone else is warm and safe. Haven't had a winter like this in a wile.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2545 on: January 14, 2024, 02:19:38 pm »
-7F here.  Windy at 15mph.
House is at 66F. I'm ok.

Dog is very ill.  I've been getting up every hour or so to assist her out for potty break. My yard is like a Jackson pollock painting in various shades of ochre.

I've been doing this for 2 days.  No sleep.
Will have to take tomorrow off.  Can't do my job without being able to think. I miss the old days.  Hating life right now.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2546 on: January 16, 2024, 10:07:24 pm »
Warming up the house after loosing power for three days. Had to stay in hotels that were pet friendly, sneaking in a crested gecko in a critter keeper is easy in a non pet friendly place but not two dogs. Luckily it's warming up and Queso's terrarium is warm so he's happy. :)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #2547 on: January 17, 2024, 04:44:04 pm »
Wound up burning through my time off to take care of sick dog.
She's only now recovering.  Some mysterious GI issue. 5 days of waking up each hour to help dog go potty. It messes with your head. Days run into one.  I finally shaved after 1 week ( I  was getting too furry?) And in the sink I thought I saw ants. It was shaving stubble. 
Wow.

Glad she's okay now.  She was close to being hospitalized for extended period etc.  Can we say second mortgage?
I am off this whole week.   

If my knees allowed,  I'd walk in park in fursuit as a lark, and swing and use the tiny meri-go-round.  But I fear my days are over. 

My job was very reluctant to let me use MY time off. 
This may just be the trigger to get me to bail on present employer.
Will see.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Female
« Reply #2548 on: January 19, 2024, 09:51:11 pm »
Seeing if anyone has a black phase silver fox pelt.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #2549 on: February 10, 2024, 10:06:21 pm »
Getting my new computer set up. My old Apple has USB and other type ports in the back. My new box is all lightning. So now I have to get a USB to Lightning adapter. To plug my keyboard in. It'll be here Tuesday. For now I'll still be on the old box.
Mac as decided that everyone would think that having a wireless keyboard and mouse would be a great idea. Why? It's a keyboard and mouse connected to a desk top. Why would anyone need them to be wireless? How many times have you thought, "Sure be nice if I could take this keyboard into the bathroom with me."