Author Topic: Therians  (Read 2578 times)

Offline NateAlieou

• Species: Canine
  • Single/Bi/20/Engineering
  • Male
Therians
« on: April 14, 2023, 05:18:49 pm »
Learning about therian, could use some help.
Quit whining, its just a flesh wound KiLL Em AALLLL!!!!
I have this recurring dream walking through this  deep forest at night wearing gear like a marine,  big flares going off high in the air dancing around in the night sky I find myself at this this beach,  the ones painted on those murals by therian tribes stars everywhere ten times brighter then the eye can see, then I get launched into space

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: Therians
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 10:23:06 am »
Are you doing research on the topic, or suspect you may be one?

I met a few at Denfur and two here.  I do consider myself one in a way. 
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline NateAlieou

• Species: Canine
  • Single/Bi/20/Engineering
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 02:07:56 pm »
Meet ups for sure. How do I go about doing them?
Quit whining, its just a flesh wound KiLL Em AALLLL!!!!
I have this recurring dream walking through this  deep forest at night wearing gear like a marine,  big flares going off high in the air dancing around in the night sky I find myself at this this beach,  the ones painted on those murals by therian tribes stars everywhere ten times brighter then the eye can see, then I get launched into space

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 05:39:24 pm »
Unfortunately,  I've never found therians in everyday life as in meetups.  Here on furtopia a few have talked with me.  Then at denfur fur con, I just showed up at a panel for therians. I'm sure when I was in that panel room all I would have had to do would be start talking and trade contact info .  But i didn't because I'm private.   At that panel they did discuss some sites they were on, but I was not paying attention.

As for myself I think I've never sought out other therians  for a meetup because for me, my experiences,  I figured were so unique to me that maybe they were just for me.

I suspect you could find some sites and start arranging in  furson meetings. But be cautious.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 01:38:01 am »
I always found it easier to hang out with furries and meet therians that way, than to seek meetups with therians. Furries typically don't really care why you're there, as long as you're polite and trying to get along with people, and there are lots of therians in the furry fandom. Every time I've sought a therian group, though, I've always felt like they're expecting me to prove I'm a therian somehow. As if I need to have the right experiences to be welcome. I've never gotten that with furries.

My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson