Author Topic: *pulls self out of a hat*  (Read 51119 times)

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Species: Red Fox ^^
  • Weisse fox and Syi citra. Staffing Duo =3
  • Male
Re: *pulls self out of a hat*
« Reply #75 on: February 21, 2009, 09:28:07 pm »
 (: Soon find out if someone else does
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3
http://irc.furtopia.org/

*Acquired: 2 Chicken's of Success!*

Offline Arbutus

• Species: Rabbit
  • Also known as Sir Bunny-Face
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2009, 01:46:25 am »
:o These allegations are shocking and baseless! First of all, the Bank of Furtopia should know full well that under statute 4649.21.b.5 concerning alternate dimensions, it has no grounds to tax or mortgage my personal carrot fields, which are located inside my magical hat and thus outside Furtopian jurisdictional limits. My magical hat is in fact its own independent nation, and bilateral trade agreements with Furtopia dictate that you owe our farmers $3,402,515.61 in sales tax on your copious purchases of green tea. I suggest you pay up. We have cannons. ^_^

And second of all, how on earth would I be able to pay a fine like that when you've been withholding my moderator's salary for the past four months?! >:( That's right, don't think I haven't noticed. You tell all the members that the staff doesn't get paid for the work they do, but really you just keep all our checks for yourself! I haven't seen a single Furtritian since the day I became a watcher! That's embezzlement! This is a travesty, and I will see justice done!

*a large band of anthropomorphic carrots materializes out of nowhere, all marching with picket signs*
"NEVER GET BETWEEN A RABBIT AND HIS CARROTS"
"STOP THESE HARE-BRAINED ALLEGATIONS"
"SHOW ME THE BUNNY"
"CARROTS ARE RICH IN FIBER, ANTIOXIDANTS, AND MINERALS"
"HELL NO, WE WON'T GO"
"JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED (with a bit of admin on the side)"
"HUSKY, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER"
"TIME FOR SOME BAKED ALASKA"
"VAULT IS BETTER"
"SOBE IS ALSO BETTER"
"WE <3 YOU ARBUTUS (even though you eat us)"
"ARBUTUS FOR ADMIN"
"RABBIT POWER"
"MUSH"
"MUSH"
"MUSH"

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2009, 02:10:26 am »
Vive La Revolution!
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2009, 01:36:11 am »
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Male
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2009, 11:56:59 am »
Did you mean to quote yourself? :o
Fur code: FCF3a A- C-- D- H+++ P++ R+ T+++ Sm# RLCT a cnl++ d++ e++ f h-- i+++ j p+ sm#
ಠ_ಠ

Any Problems here? Come on the IRC and talk to my friend Syi. He loves meeting new people too =3

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2009, 12:15:07 pm »
Yes I did.

Quote from: Kaloyan Alett
Yes I did.
Yes I did
Yes I did

Hear that echo? Sweet. :)
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Weisseman

• Professor of Cunning
  • Male
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:49 pm »
Arbie! I think Kalo's gone nuts :o See to him quickly before it gets worse!
ಠ_ಠ

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2009, 02:17:18 am »
Oh hey! I didn't even realize it, but today's an anniversary of sorts. It's been four years, almost to the minute, since I first discovered Furtopia.

:)

Four years... that's really odd for me, considering that I don't even really like forums, lol. I've signed up for others in the past, but I was usually driven away after like ten posts by the unwelcoming attitude and hostile atmosphere I found. But with Furtopia... I was in college, up at 2 in the morning, not yet ready to get to bed, surfing furry sites out of boredom, and something about Furtopia just instantly clicked. That was four years ago. And well, here I still am, loving it more than ever. That's all the proof I need that there's something special about this place... and about you, the fuzzballs who make it what it is.

Here's to the next four years! *raises a glass of carrot juice in a toast*

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2009, 09:16:13 am »
Congratulations on 4 years! *huskyhugs*

*raises a bottle of Dew in a toast, then presents Arbutus with a crate of fresh picked carrots*  :)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2009, 11:01:21 am »
Congrats Arbutus on 4 years! 

*raises glass of coke*

Have a Kit Kat
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2009, 05:47:25 pm »
*pokes thread*
Taking a cue from Kobuk, I'm asking Arbutus to talk more about himself.

You like to take pictures and post them in your LJ now and then, are you interested in photography as a career?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Black Foot

• Me in my Wolf form
  • Male
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2009, 06:42:24 pm »
Congratulations Arbutus on 4 years on here *raises a glass of homemade herbal tea* I hope the farmers pays  you folks the moderators on this site since they owe you back taxes. Hey Arbutus I have a huge carrot patch that you would like. I was saving these carrots just for you. And I'd like to say Happy Easter to everyone on here.
In Memory of Balto the one who saved a dog sled person & his dogs from cold temperatures.

Pets name: SandStorm
Adopt your own!

TO all that lives in the Darkness be proud of it and to those who

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2009, 07:28:20 pm »
CARROTS

*hugs the carrots*

Thank you so much, Black Foot! :) *nibbles on one* And they're fresh-picked too! I'll have to bring these down to my secret vault under the Furtopia Building, where I keep my stash of Carrots of Welcoming. But first, of course, I'll just skim a little off the top.... *slips about thirty carrots under his coat* ;)

Now, to answer Kalo's question:
You like to take pictures and post them in your LJ now and then, are you interested in photography as a career?

Nah, not really. I enjoy taking pictures a lot, but I'm not good enough to make any money off it. Also, I don't know how to use like half the functions on my camera, lol. It came with a 100-page manual, but I only got halfway through before I was like "THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH."

Actually, I mentioned this here a long long time ago, but what I really want to do with my life is to become an officer with the US Foreign Service. Foreign Service Officers are the ones who work directly under the US ambassadors and do most of the work in American embassies, issuing visas, reporting on political developments, dealing with crises, helping to shape America's foreign policy, and representing the United States abroad. It's incredibly tough to get into, but if I do, I'd be working in a different foreign capital every two years, learning languages, getting to really know places instead of just traveling there, and doing things that are actually important to the world. So that's the dream I'm working towards. :)

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04:33 pm »
what type of rabbit are you. are you a Flemish giant. or what i always wanted to know

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2009, 01:33:25 am »
what type of rabbit are you. are you a Flemish giant. or what i always wanted to know

Uh, I'm not really sure! ^_^ I think I'm a European Rabbit, like my venerable ancestors on Watership Down. Just your basic wild rabbit, in other words.

My fur used to be brown-gray, but now I think it's more of a gray-brown. I KNOW, ADVENTUROUS, RIGHT.

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #90 on: April 12, 2009, 04:58:32 pm »
Oh! By the way, HAPPY EASTER, FURTOPIA!

I guess this makes me the resident Easter Bunny, then. I'm cool with that. *hands out chocolate eggs to everyone who wants one* :orbunny:

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2009, 06:55:44 pm »
I'll have to pass on the chocolate eggs because I need some serious dental work done.  x_x But can I have a bottle of green tea instead? :)

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2009, 09:10:23 pm »
*noms the egg and sucks out the cream filling*

:) Mmmmmm....good.
:( But now it's gone.

*looks at Arbutus*
 :o  >:( .........More....
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2009, 11:25:14 pm »
Kaloyan.......NO!  >:( Arbutus is not to be eaten! Shame on you for even thinking such a thought!

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2009, 08:54:52 am »

Uh, I'm not really sure! ^_^ I think I'm a European Rabbit, like my venerable ancestors on Watership Down. Just your basic wild rabbit, in other words.

My fur used to be brown-gray, but now I think it's more of a gray-brown. I KNOW, ADVENTUROUS, RIGHT.
cool want a oversized carrot i grew just for you. i mean this thing is huge *holds it out to you*

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2009, 01:56:59 pm »
*pulls a podium out of his hat*
*steps up to the microphone*

Ahem. Ahemhemhemhemhem. I have a life update for you all.

For those of you who didn't already see my lolrabbit on Livejournal, I has a job! :) After many months of being pretty much unemployed, this is a tremendous relief. I'm going to be writing publications and editing essays for an admissions consulting firm in Philadelphia, PA.

I'm also planning to move into Philly for work, so I ask you all: does anyone have any advice about apartment-hunting? I've never done it before-- always lived in the dorms at college-- so any hints you have would be really useful. ^_^

Offline Dragore

• Jesus loves you.
  • Male
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2009, 08:47:49 am »
well look for one that is in good shape and is not a bank breaker. and also become friends with your land lord. that is always good

Offline Arbutus

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2009, 05:21:33 pm »
I'm bored. Ask me something! You already know a little bit about me just from the posts in this thread, but now's your chance to learn a little more. ;)

These are my LJ interests, because posting them is the cool thing to do:

=:), abandoned places, always wearing hiking boots, american revolution, animal collective, attempts at linguistic research, battle of monmouth, being an evil sucktard, burning bill bryson, calvin and hobbes, cesium, classic literature, classical music, collecting counties, deviants, dialects of american english, dissecting foreign languages, dmitri shostakovich, dorking out over things, dreaming of travel, early american history, exploring new cities, exploring poetry, furry, furtopia, geography, gustav mahler, hatin on math, having insomnia, high tech high school, hiking, hilariously bad music, history, honoring saparmurat niyazov's memory, incompletely learning languages, jersey pride, jersey shame, jumping back-and-forth over borders, jumping over things, lighthouses, linguistics, logical party, memorizing the periodic table, montana, mountains, musical abortions, national parks, never returning to america, not making life plans, photography, playing with 14.8-molar ammonia, pointing out your accent, poorly-planned and ill-conceived excursions, prague, quiz bowl, rabbiteering, rabbits, rabid foaming-at-the-mouth capitalism, reading atlases, roma issues, roman history, savannah, slavic languages, sociolinguistics, studying abroad, the a-team, the dresden dolls, the idiotic thumbs-up, the inquisitive brow, the odd quad, the pimp bus, trampolines, travelling europe, trivia, trying to know everything, urban exploration, useless knowledge, utterly insane bike trips, verbally abusing delaware, watching squirrels, watership down, wikipedia, wikipedia-based autodidactism, william faulkner, williams college, williams trivia, writing

Offline Kay Alett

• part-time hobbyist
  • Female
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2009, 10:19:04 pm »
Lets be systematic. I enjoy Abandoned Places as well. So why do you like them? Do you just enjoy exploring or is it something deeper than that?
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart

Offline Alexandre

• Back to waggles
  • Male
    • Alexandre's Fur Affinity Account!
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2009, 11:46:35 pm »
Ooh, I like that question!  What abandoned places do you like?  And don't you dare say Calico... I hate that ghost town with a passion.
Allasso, Volume 2: Saudade is now out!  Feel free to check it out ^_^