community group sub-forums > anime

Sub vs Dub

<< < (2/3) > >>

Hayaikawa:
personlay i find subbed, when its done by a GOOD subbing group, to be far better than the official subbing or any possible dub.

for example, some of the sub groupd for shippuden and bleach will use special font when the time arises adding to the feel of the show.

but there are a few anime's i will watch in english, and for a few reasons, one i grew up watching them in english, so im forced to think of them as english characters, cowboy bebop for example, or trigun.

but the other time is when the english voices are actually better than the japanese ones, like dragon ball z for example, watched a few episodes of DBZ in japanese, goku sounded like a 5 year old, lol

just couldnt keep watching.

Mylo:
It depends.

If the sub and the dub both have good voice quality (as in acting), then I'll go for the dubbed version.

Otherwise, I'll choose subbed.

Very rarely are there good dubs though...

Kishi:
I enjoy both, Dub over Sub if the Dub is better than the Sub, such as the case of Spice and Wolf. Having a more mature voice makes Holo better represented as a God, and not a little girl.

Ziel:

--- Quote from: Kishi on September 17, 2011, 10:55:57 pm ---I enjoy both, Dub over Sub if the Dub is better than the Sub, such as the case of Spice and Wolf. Having a more mature voice makes Holo better represented as a God, and not a little girl.

--- End quote ---

Have only seen that one subbed. But I can't imagine her with a more mature voice. It doesn't seem to fit the personality I saw in her. Then again, maybe that's because of the voice?

Alexandre:
I'll almost always choose subbed. However, I had a friend who made me watch Higurashi dubbed, and it was actually really good. A few shows get away with good English.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version