4 (25%)
Moderately worried.
4 (25%)
Substantially worried.
4 (25%)
Panic mode!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Author Topic: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?  (Read 23958 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: Are you worried about the Coronavirus?
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2020, 06:47:08 pm »
Trump doesn't care about coronavirus and/or people getting sick/dying at the G20 Summit meeting.

Why am I not surprised by this?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/politics/trump-g20-saturday-sessions/index.html

When the event began, Trump was among the nearly two-dozen world leaders who appeared via video-conference, beaming in from the White House situation room.
But only 13 minutes after the scheduled 8 a.m. ET, start time, Trump was sending tweets focused on his efforts to overturn the results of the US presidential election. By 10 a.m. ET, the President had departed the White House on his way to his namesake golf club outside Washington, DC.

Yep, you read that right, folks. YOUR PRESIDENT DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU OR OTHERS WHO HAVE THE CORONAVIRUS.  >:( All he cares about is tweeting that he lost the election and going to play golf.

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2020, 10:05:26 pm »
The more I hear about how more people are getting infected and how people are advising not to get together for Thanksgiving, the more I am thinking of possibly not visiting my mother for T-Day.  :( I really don't want to, but it keeps knawing at the back of my mind.

I just got off the phone with a friend I used to work with for 15 years. Him and his wife both came down with Covid. Possibly their children too. Neither of them are in the hospital yet from what my friend told me. I hope and pray they will all recover.

And then an earlier conversation with another best friend from high school and he told me his brother in law and his wife both have Covid. How bad, I don't know.

*screaming* YOU KNOW, THIS NATION WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN MESS IF THAT DUMBTARD TRUMP AND THE REST OF HIS ADMINISTRATION WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OFF THEIR BUTTS AND DID MORE SUBSTANTIAL WORK IN PREPARING FOR THIS PANDEMIC INSTEAD OF PLAYING IT DOWN. AND LET'S NOT FORGET ALL THE TRUMP SUPPORTERS AND CONSPIRACY THEORISTS DOWNPLAYING IT TOO, NOT WEARING MASKS, ETC. BUNCH OF FOOLS, IDIOTS, JERKS, AND EVERY OTHER DEROGATORY TERM i CAN THROW AT THEM.

:goldpissed: :goldpissed: :goldpissed:

Also if China wasn't messing around with Pangolins. I heard that's what started it. (Although that's kinda what they get for believing that Pangolin scales can heal/cure you of something, they can't) But Trump def didn't help.

I'm still not worried I don't think I've caught it yet, if anything I'm a carrier that's normally how that goes. But if I have caught it, it was mild and dad thinks he may have gotten it a few times? Not badly though. Then again that might have just been the common cold.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 10:09:30 pm by Firelight »

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:47 pm »
Also if China wasn't messing around with Pangolins. I heard that's what started it. (Although that's kinda what they get for believing that Pangolin scales can heal/cure you of something, they can't) But Trump def didn't help.

I don't think there's been any concrete evidence that the coronavirus did come from a animal market in China. The WHO (World Health Organization), the CDC, and other organizations are pressuring China to come clean about how the outbreak originally started in China, but Chinese officials haven't exactly been forthcoming with information. There's also been suspicions of the virus possibly originating from a biomedical laboratory, but there's been no concrete proof of that either.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2020, 02:52:15 pm »

I don't think there's been any concrete evidence that the coronavirus did come from a animal market in China. The WHO (World Health Organization), the CDC, and other organizations are pressuring China to come clean about how the outbreak originally started in China, but Chinese officials haven't exactly been forthcoming with information. There's also been suspicions of the virus possibly originating from a biomedical laboratory, but there's been no concrete proof of that either.

There's no scientific evidence that the coronavirus was manufactured in a lab. Nevermind how insanely difficult such a thing would be. I know we like to imagine that we have super powerful technology but the fact is we don't have the capacity to engineer a virus from whole cloth. We only just now started learning how to edit genes in larger animals. Virus are, yes smaller and more simplistic compared to editing genes of larger animals but we do this using bacteria and viruses that have been specially prepared to change things. Editing a virus to do widespread damage is a different task entirely.

Saying we can do one because we can do the other is a massive jump in logic. It's like my parents thinking I'm a computer wizard and know how to build my computer from scratch just because I know what a gigabyte is and know how to use a USB cord to move MP3s from a computer onto a device.
It's like thinking a person knows how to build their own car from the ground up because they can change a spark plug, install new headlights or pump their own gas.

Just because you have basic knowledge of a thing doesn't make you an expert, it just makes you LOOK like an expert to the people who have no idea how this stuff works.

One more thing.

We don't know exactly where this bug came from, it's entirely possible China doesn't know themselves but they don't want to look stupid in front of the world so they're going "Yes. Yes. We're aware of the start of the outbreak, we'll tell you more at our discretion".
It's like holding a folder that says "TOP SECRET" and saying that you know what's inside but you have to study it more first and then leaving quickly before everyone finds out you were bluffing with an empty envelope.

One more thing.

I'm still not worried I don't think I've caught it yet, if anything I'm a carrier that's normally how that goes. But if I have caught it, it was mild and dad thinks he may have gotten it a few times? Not badly though. Then again that might have just been the common cold.

That is fallacious, specious reasoning. You cannot judge this kind of thing like that. I haven't felt sick either, I spent months on the street in Texas with barely any protection whatsoever by that kind of logic I might have it and be simply a carrier but also no one I have spent time around has showed symptoms of the virus either. Should I surmise then they must be immune? Or do I have to wonder if perhaps maybe I simply haven't encountered it yet? Occam's Razor says the latter.

Also this virus has different symptoms than your average cold.
Including but not limited to-

• Fever or Chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or Trouble breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle and body aches
  • Headache/Migraine
  • Loss of taste and/or loss of smell
  • Sore Throat
  • Congestion or Runny nose
  • Nausea and/or Vomiting
  • Diarrhea

Don't make leaps of logic using logical fallacies. The most likely scenario is that you simply have not encountered the virus yet and you should not relax your protection.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2020, 06:42:58 pm »
I agree with Kay here.
That list.. My brother had ALL those symptoms over his course of virus.

When I have a cold I have a few.  When I had con crud ( kennel cough) I had a few of those symptoms. 

My sister thinks she is immune because she had some symptoms of something earlier.  So she is talking about venturing into public like some sort of warrior and lending helping hands to people who are sick.
I told her she didn't have corona yet.  I told her to learn from our brother and his trials.

When any virus gets in our body,  the symptoms are often just common ones,  mild fever,  tiredness,  some aches.
But not loss of taste/ smell,  not extreme diarrhea,  not total muscle fatigue till you can't roll out of bed. Nor a 102 fever for 4 days straight with hallucinations and mini seizures...

So what I heard,  and it may just be gossip,  was China had in a lab a dead wild animal from a bush meat market.  It was there for study because people had gotten sick eating products there.
Not sure what really happened...
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2020, 09:41:19 pm »
When it comes to the coronavirus and being near people at the store, outside, or somewhere else, treat EVERYBODY as a possible carrier of the virus. Don't assume that because somebody looks and feels healthy that they are immune and don't have the virus. The virus can affect people in many different ways.

Every person you see and/or meet could be a carrier, whether they show symptoms or not. Treat them as suspect. Treat yourself as suspect too.

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2020, 10:47:27 pm »
When it comes to the coronavirus and being near people at the store, outside, or somewhere else, treat EVERYBODY as a possible carrier of the virus. Don't assume that because somebody looks and feels healthy that they are immune and don't have the virus. The virus can affect people in many different ways.

Every person you see and/or meet could be a carrier, whether they show symptoms or not. Treat them as suspect. Treat yourself as suspect too.

Wise advice. My main point was that thinking of yourself as simply a carrier or somehow immune should not lead one to foregoing protection.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2020, 10:55:27 pm »
There's one good thing to come from this coronavirus. A lot of retailers are closing on Thanksgiving. Normally, a lot of retailers would open very early the day before Friday to get a jump on Black Friday sales. Not anymore this year. I always hated working on T-Day in the past.  >:(

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/22/business/thanksgiving-stores-open/index.html

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2020, 02:31:06 pm »
Communist governments lie all the time to save face (more than other governments, they all stink).  The biggest tool they have to keep populace believing them is the facade they create ( the lies they make).
I figured they covered up a bit.  Sad.
Here we are telling truth (I hope) and therefore we can react.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2020, 12:46:52 pm »
How to give help and recieve help during this coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/health/coronavirus-how-to-help/

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2020, 02:25:19 pm »
41 new cases in one day. 41 in this small town. Why? Because we had to have a visit from Santa. And no one needs to wear a mask or social distance when visiting Santa.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #114 on: December 20, 2020, 11:46:06 pm »
 Yeah..i saw this mutation coming...
Give a virus a billion hosts, and it copies its self a million times in each host,  eventually it will mutate just by dumb luck (chance). And that mutation is likely to benefit the virus.
So here we are.  Vaccine is useless.

Human race , please start over. Sorry.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2020, 05:04:25 pm »
Glad to know that the vaccine might be useful against the variant coming .
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2020, 03:34:29 pm »
IF YOU THOUGHT CORONAVIRUS WAS SCARY, YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/africa/drc-forest-new-virus-intl/index.html

Read the book The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. It's a terrifyingly true story.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2020, 06:17:00 pm »
Coronavirus just hit the last place on Earth that nobody expected it to be:  Antarctica.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/world/antarctica-covid-chile-military-base-intl/index.html

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2020, 07:47:17 pm »
IF YOU THOUGHT CORONAVIRUS WAS SCARY, YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/22/africa/drc-forest-new-virus-intl/index.html

Read the book The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. It's a terrifyingly true story.

Yeah I have been thinking that the Corona Virus was a good test for a truly scary pandemic yet to come.
And mostly we failed.  Hurray for arrogant and laziness!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2020, 06:50:28 pm »
First U.S. case of new coronavirus variant just hit Colorado.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/29/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2021, 12:58:06 am »
In my small town. 28 more cases Thursday. 28 more cases Friday. So far 56 cases because of family gatherings for Christmas. Because people are brainwashed into thinking this is still a joke.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2021, 12:27:05 pm »
Right Cause.
When I saw my brother on Zoom, after he was recovering, he was ashen faced, winded, coughed with every breath, and was almost listless.  He is athletic and trim unlike me.  It showed me what it can do, oh boy is it real.  Anyway...

Nice to see that Colorado lives up to its reputation of being strange.  We have the first cases of the new strain.  fun fun
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male