Author Topic: [Loc] Gelby  (Read 52988 times)

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: [Loc] Medical
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2020, 01:59:38 pm »
I'm now about 7 weeks post-surgery.

For people who don't want to trawl through my post history, I had a massive (35cm, 3+kg) tumour on my left ovary. To remove it and give me the best chance of survival in the event it was cancer, I had a complete hysterectomy, as well as some soft tissue surrounding the organs. I'm now totally sterile, over a stone lighter, and take hormone replacement every day to stave off the menopause. I'm 30.

The tumour was pre-cancerous but not cancer itself. There is no indication is spread to or from anywhere. I have a scar down the middle of my torso going from my ribs to below the belt. There is still bruising around my navel, and I still can't do heavy lifting, but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things again.

I have reached the point where I am starting to become a bit more comfortable in my skin again. Still alive.

I've also started braiding things into my hair. Today is a long metal spike to cover my split ends.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #226 on: November 06, 2020, 02:46:26 pm »
You and I have a large scar in the same place! Mine goes from a few inches below the sternum to just below my belly button. However mine was for a way different reason. Seeing you brings back memories of the tightness and pull of a scar that size. I can say from experience you will get to a time where you don't even know it's there.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #227 on: November 06, 2020, 03:43:20 pm »
I'm now about 7 weeks post-surgery.

For people who don't want to trawl through my post history, I had a massive (35cm, 3+kg) tumour on my left ovary. To remove it and give me the best chance of survival in the event it was cancer, I had a complete hysterectomy, as well as some soft tissue surrounding the organs. I'm now totally sterile, over a stone lighter, and take hormone replacement every day to stave off the menopause. I'm 30.

The tumour was pre-cancerous but not cancer itself. There is no indication is spread to or from anywhere. I have a scar down the middle of my torso going from my ribs to below the belt. There is still bruising around my navel, and I still can't do heavy lifting, but I'm starting to get back into the swing of things again.

I have reached the point where I am starting to become a bit more comfortable in my skin again. Still alive.

I've also started braiding things into my hair. Today is a long metal spike to cover my split ends.

I think this is the first pic I've seen of the RL you. My first thought: "She even looks like a badass."

Really glad to hear you're doing well. I'm hoping things continue to improve. I'd warn you that there will be some mental scarring from an experience like this, but I'm sure you're already aware of that.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Loc

« Reply #228 on: November 06, 2020, 04:09:40 pm »
You and I have a large scar in the same place! Mine goes from a few inches below the sternum to just below my belly button. However mine was for a way different reason. Seeing you brings back memories of the tightness and pull of a scar that size. I can say from experience you will get to a time where you don't even know it's there.
Ouch, I'm sorry that you've had to go through a similar scar! The tightness is already starting to ease up a bit. If I sit down for a few hours then I can feel it all pulling and tightening up, but it isn't nearly as bad as it was.

I think this is the first pic I've seen of the RL you. My first thought: "She even looks like a badass."

Really glad to hear you're doing well. I'm hoping things continue to improve. I'd warn you that there will be some mental scarring from an experience like this, but I'm sure you're already aware of that.
Thank you!
I still have the odd days when I disassociate from my own body and think "it's okay, this isn't my scar, this didn't happen to me", but where it happened several times a day shortly after surgery, it is now less than once a week and only lasts for an hour or so.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2020, 02:43:37 am »
 You are one tough survivor Loc!
 8)
Good to see you able to stand and adapting to the hurdle life sent you.  Keep fighting.  And thanks for sharing!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2020, 02:16:59 am »
Loc *hugs* I can feel some of those emotions your going through and you have a right to your feelings! It's not easy adjusting to what your going through! I know the feeling of looking at your body as "the way it used to be". Living as my pre-illness self I didn't give my health much mind other than an old comfort of knowing my life/health was a constant. I found myself wanting to forget I had suffered a loss as if nothing ever happened.  Perhaps because I was ambushed by my health and had no say in the matter? Those nagging painful memories late at night like to creep back sometimes into my mind when I'm distracted, lonely, or not feeling well. They needle you like a mental ache you can't dodge when something inside of you wants to say  you say, "Please not me!".

For me it was my strength and my back which I held a lot of personal pride. I've always been a big strong man (a bit in the tummy too unfortunately later in life ;) ). I was stronger than most my size. As an example, I was once was jumped by 3 men who grabbed me and was trying to get me to the ground. I picked all three up and tossed them like sacks of potatoes into a big briar bush which bound them by their hair and clothes. Growing up on a farm I would cary 120 pound bags of salt from the truck like it was nothing. I walked home from high school 5.3 miles (often went through a pair of shoes a month). Later in life I used my strength as a helper/care taker for many others. I shared my strength for the joy for others who had no one to care for them. That "was" the me I remember and never thought would change. A couple years ago I was diagnosed with fast advancing Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis. For all the strength in my old arms, today it is often too painful to lift my arms even over my head. I struggle to even walk across the house. Getting out of bed is so painful I often cry out in pain.  I also like you fall victim to my own thoughts of this health ambush. My comfort concept of a future me was thinking my future self would never change for me health wise. All of my dreams of building machines and traveling are likely gone. I would wonder, "Is what I had in the past all that I have left to love about my life?  Who will love me with the romance and passion that I desire now that I'm a cripple? Who will care for me when it's me that needs a caring hand? In those clawing thoughts I can sometimes feel my self pride slipping away into fear in the night.  Me and you we didn't have a choice of what sudden fate we got. We have a right to our feelings of loss and wanting to avoid them. Though we can no longer change our fate. We must remember that we can always rise to meet our fate if we "chose". It's our mind that builds our reaility, love, and hopes, and ultimately who we will still become. One of the reasons I restarted Furtopia is because I can still work on the computer to help others and furs. Find purpose in the new you that you will find each day! As I deal with my pain, I want to focus on the light inside of me to still change myself and others for the better. I am truly sorry for what you are going through. Your feelings are legitimate and deserve to be felt. But you also deserve once you re-find yourself again to rebuild yourself with love kindness and understanding based on this new you! :)

Good luck Loc and let me know if you ever want to chat. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 08:53:18 pm by WhiteShepherd »
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2020, 08:58:26 pm »
Very well put WhiteShepherd!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Loc

Re: [Loc] Gelby
« Reply #232 on: December 14, 2020, 08:10:06 am »
Gelbstoff passed away in his (yes, keeping us guessing until the end, Gelby was male) sleep last night, due to complications around long-term liver failure.

He was safe, in his warm hide, and I was keeping him syringe fed so he wasn't hungry.

He will be cremated, and his urn placed next to Dany's.

RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #233 on: December 14, 2020, 06:06:55 pm »
Loc,
I am sorry.  I am glad he had you with him to take care of his needs.
 :'(
(Name that tune!)

Offline WhiteShepherd

• furtopia.org Sysop!
  • Male
    • http://www.whiteshepherd.furtopia.org
« Reply #234 on: December 14, 2020, 11:19:22 pm »
Sorry for your loss.  :'(
IRC quotes:

[05:01] <Kai_Misou> We cats sleep when we want and where we want.
[05:01] <WhiteShep> We dogs sleep WHEN we can. :/
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span =''><!--Quot