Author Topic: Mascot role models and influences?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Mascot role models and influences?
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:47:38 pm »
A lot of you like fursuits, fursuiters, and probably have a fursuit. But I was wondering, what "non-furry" mascot role models or other influences may have helped you to get interested in mascot/fursuits/costuming?
Things such as, but not limited to:
* Were there any tv shows or movies that you saw/liked that had mascot/animal costumes in them?
* When going to amusement parks or other attractions, did you ever get curious about the mascot performers and wanted to be just like them?

Offline Magna

• Female
Re: Mascot role models and influences?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:51:37 pm »
I don't think I've seen any movies with animal costumes in them, and the mascots you see at amusement parks actually kinda creep me out a bit. They're poorly fitting, and way too huge. I love the nice, tailored fit of fursuits, looks so much more custom and unique.

Offline bkatt500

• Female
    • My Deviantart
Re: Mascot role models and influences?
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:43:13 pm »
I was always fond of the costumed characters at Disneyland, but I don't think I really watched many shows with costumes outside the typical Barney and Sesame Street.  If I did, they clearly weren't influential.  I watched largely animated shows, and wanted to be as close to the characters as possible, so like, I had a fleece Marie costume like this:
<a href=http://bkatt500.deviantart.com/>Check me out on deviantArt!</a>