Author Topic: Use-Your-Own_Eyes Fursuits  (Read 5443 times)

Offline Kitsune the Wolfdog

• Female
Use-Your-Own_Eyes Fursuits
« on: May 24, 2014, 12:17:44 am »
I'm thinking about using my own eyes on Kitsune the Wolfdog for the best visibility and the ability to wear my glasses. So I was just wondering what everyone thinks about the design.

Personally I found it a little jarring at first, but its grown on me a little. These kind of suits have to have small heads and you can't really shape the skull as anything other than human, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Toony is a 3d representation of a drawing of an anthro, but super realistic is not necessarily what a real anthro would look like either. It looks nice but it's basically just putting an animal head on a human body (even with digigrade padding) rather than mixing human and animal. UYOE on the other hand is probably closer. The large skull makes sense and on a small head the eyes don't look too small. I have read of course that the head looks too small on a full suit, but mine will be a partial.

So what does everyone think?

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
Re: Use-Your-Own_Eyes Fursuits
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:23:44 pm »
I make very close fitting heads, as it keeps it much cooler. Personally I feel that the size fits better with a fullsuit, rather than having an oddly large head. There is nonetheless a lot of shaping that you can do, just atop the base skull.

Perhaps I'm not understanding what you mean. Do you have any examples?
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 11:15:13 pm »
Something similar to this. But a person would still have to apply some sort of makeup around the eyes to hide the eyelids.

Offline Kitsune the Wolfdog

• Female
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 10:10:34 pm »
That is a great pic Kobuk! I didn't see that one when I was looking.

The reason I said you couldn't shape the skull is because the eyes are already so low on it that it would look ridiculous if you added anymore. Kobuks picture shows this really well I think.

There has been a lot of views but not a lot of comments. I'm really hoping to get a general idea of how the fandom as a whole feels about this design. I really don't want people to see pics of my suit and think "Man there's the weirdo with the creepy suit" you know?

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 10:28:43 pm »
I can't.....or won't.....use the "use your own eyes" style because of a certain eye disability I have. It would take too long to explain. Granted, this style of head does give the best visibility cause a person is using their own eyes, but I think I'd much rather stick with either plastic bowl toony eyes, realistic taxidermy eyes, or the 3D "follow me" style.