Author Topic: Multiple Fursonas  (Read 5670 times)

Offline josh down

• Male
Multiple Fursonas
« on: October 16, 2009, 07:14:11 pm »
was just wondering what you guys/guyettes think about these two words...

do you have more than one fursona?
how different are they from one another?
how similar are each of them to you?
how often do you find your preference switch from fursona to fursona... if you ever do?

and just generaly what are your thoughts on the topic?

me... i only have one, and i feel far too attached to josh now that it'd feel almost like betrayal to imagine myself as any other. i have many friends who have several, and most of them share a common theme (such as fur colour).
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
Re: Multiple Fursonas
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 07:47:07 pm »
(do you have more than one fursona?:)

Nope. :)

I only have one. (: Although it would be fun to play as a cat for curiosity sake. :D

(how similar are each of them to you?:)

To tell you the truth. I don't identify my fursona as a seprate entity. :)
Doing so suggests to me, that It and I are sepprate beings. Spiritualy
I know I am a wolf. I cant hide this. I am just stuck in this enconvienent
human body. :D

The question should be more like; how simaler are you
pieces of you shattered Ego?

If your fursona is'nt you. then
it is'nt a part of you.  (: And you can only convey one
conciousness and one Ego. Dispite the shattering affect.  ;)
So I am what I am and nothing more.   :-[  :)

Offline Nicholai

• "This will all end in tears"
  • Male
    • FA
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:21:38 pm »
Man, I was planning on starting this topic!

As of late, I have been working on a second fursona. While I still feel a connection to Nicholai, I thought it would be cool to have a female fursona, just for the sake of gender-balence.  :D
I already made up a nice character sheet for her and everything: (this is only half of it, because I don't want to bombard anybody with my verbosity.)

Tybalt
Full name: Tybalt "Ty" Nebibit
Species: clouded leopard
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 125
Tail: 3'
Vernacular: British accent
Build: Very well-muscled
Eye color: Brilliant green.
Psychological condition: Eccentric, a bit of an "exotic character."
Measurements: 40-24-37

"When you cannot joke about the darkness of life, that's when the darkness takes over."
-Amanda Palmer
-------
Cheetah: World's most adorable High-speed killer
Jaguar: World's most adorable Stalk-and-ambush killer
Hybridization: Murderously adorable. <3
---
Fun fact: I write music. If you have a second, have a listen.
http://soundcloud.com/grigori-wolf[/url

Offline furtopia02

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 12:13:16 am »
Mine aren't very detailed because I rarely do any kind of RP, and none seriously.

Q) do you have more than one fursona?

main: Rusty Coyote (Dark Coated Coyote)
secondary: Rusty Fox (Arctic Fox)
goofy one: Huggy Bear  :-[ (A purple and green baby fur, lol)

Q) how different are they from one another?

The coyote and fox are very similar in attitude but the coyote has more of one, and a bigger ego. Huggy Bear is purely a goof off fursona I use for silly stuff on Skype and once IRC, lol.. bugs a certain friend of mine to death and its hilarious to RP Huggy Bear.

Q) how similar are each of them to you?

The coyote and fox are very similar to me and are pretty much an extension of my own personality - especially the coyote. Huggy Bear is not like me in the least (as I am not a baby fur) which is what makes that one so fun.

Q) how often do you find your preference switch from fursona to fursona... if you ever do?

Generally the main fursona I have has been a slower switch. Though the AF one as a main only lasted for a few months (after being a Red Fox for years, and before that a couple different Pokémorphs since 1999), and the coyote is recent but the coyote also means the most to me beyond just being a cool character I wanted. The coyote is the first fursona I've had a real attachment to and felt something for.

That about sums it up. :)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 12:19:12 am by Rusty »

Offline Hyger

• The Idealist
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 07:04:07 pm »
Yes, I have a hyena, a hyena-tiger, and a ratteguhn.

The hyena is the only female, and is the most common fursona of mine. The hyena-tiger is the most "me" (masculine, chilled out, mellow, etc) and the ratteguhn is what I want to be (mature, serious).

The hyena and hyena-tiger are basically me as a furry.

how often do you find your preference switch from fursona to fursona... if you ever do?
I often switch from hyena to hyena-tiger alot.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 07:28:36 pm »
I was actually going to make a thread like this...

anyhow, technically I only have one fursona, which is myself (minus all personality aspects I would like to remove) as an azarian (biologically and mentally: I already am mentally (as I define an azarian as by the mind (and my very specific structure and contents of it), whereas azarian bodies are nothing more than the physical forms which azarians use), just not biologically)
It's just that the azarian body in its current form (mk4) has the ability to perform a very rudimentary form of shapeshifting (it's really too slow to call it that. I think a more appropriate term would be metamorphosis, as only genetically programmed patterns are avaliable for use (until another is added in) and the transition period is substantial (faster if done from the azarian-neutral form, as it already contains some of the structures common to all forms))
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Ickyrus

• Fiddle dee dee.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 08:02:52 am »
I moreso call my separate "Fursonas" characters as one is only really used as a representation to myself, however it is still fun to play the characters and also good for character development as well as to see how people would react to their various personallities, which often surprise me to see which ones people like and which they don't.

Feidai is the only one I would consider a "fursona" as such however there is also:
Saloonka, who is my personal favourite. =^.~=
Zaech
Duskerro
Fyruhn
Lyekshok That's all for the ones which I have drawn, but there are many others =^.^;=

Each has a role to play in my story, so their personallities, objectives, beliefs, etc. all effect who they are, how they react to situations and their opinions of each other.

Most have some trait in common with myself, however Saloonka and Feidai share the most similarities with me. I do tend to dress like most of my characters at some point.

Saloonka has been and probably will always be my favourite, but I switch between being Feidai and Saloonka often.

Offline Lava

• Getting all crafty up in dem mines!
  • Female
    • Lava's Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 03:30:24 pm »
Yes, I have hundreds of fursonas |D
Being a shapeshifter I can turn into any animal I desire.

Quite, but not much if that makes sence. They're all different animals, but have the same eyes, and use shades of black white and purple in their colouring.

They're all me. Every single one of them. There is no difference in personality.

Yeah, I'm switching all the time. But usually I'm either a dragon or a fenglin; they're my favorite forms.

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 12:53:39 pm »
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 02:03:24 pm by Alexandre »

Offline Patchworkbear

• Intensive Care Bear
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 02:20:34 pm »
I only have the one, a gigantic teddy bear with patches sewn all over his body. He's basically me with superpowers, as a general rule in any given situation he'd react the same way I would if I had his abilities. The only real difference ( well aside from the powers ) is that he has a stronger sense of duty than I do. He feels compelled to protect those weaker than him. Me if I could become something like him I'd only use my abilities to protect the few people and things I care about and let the rest of the world solve it's own problems.

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2009, 02:08:53 am »
Over the years I've joined the fandom my fursonas have changed. I usually have three that represent different aspects of me. I dont feel comfortable using only one to represent all of me at once. Just seems so clashy.

I think multiple fusonas are fine as long has there is reasoning behind it. Having like 6 fursonas for fun is dumb to me. All of my characters have a reason to be in existence.

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm

Offline a rare hat

• I used to know a lot of snazzy quotes
  • Female
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2009, 03:26:15 am »

I do. I have two.

They're exact opposites. Sort of a Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde thing.

They both portray a different side to me, so pretty similar.

It depends on my mood. Usually my preference is with Twitch for weeks at a time and when it switches to Fuse it'll only usually last a few days.

I have two fursonas for two reasons. The first being I'm a bit of a tomboy and I have a pretty dominant male side to my personality, hence I wanted a male fursona as well as a female one. The second reason is although I'm a pretty laid back person most of the time I've been known to "overheat", let's say, lol. When that happens I can become pretty mean. So I made Fuse, my male hare, as a way of catering to the meaner side of me. Whereas Twitch is just regular ratty hare me.

rahh. fursona doodles ftw.

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2009, 09:24:17 am »

Yep, I do now.

Moon Dogy: A dark grey Fenrir Wolf.

Onion Knight: An Onion Knight Moogle

Um, well ones my old Fursona from along time ago. And the Moogle is pretty new. The Wolf represented my seriess side. While the Moogle Represents my Whimsical side. I am even concidering ditching the Wolf. As it really does'nt suit me anymore.

Well, We are both Playful, Observant, Traveling, Fools.  (:

I just switched, and um yeah. I dont think I am switching back. Kupo!

Offline Allie_Kat

• Female
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2009, 02:31:08 am »
Don't know if this counts, but when i first found the fandom i knew I was a cat, but i had originally decided to be a calico. Though after a few months I decided to change and be a black and white tuxedo cat instead. Most of this was due to the personalities of my pet cats at the time, and also the fact that I just really like thelook of tuxedo cats. My current markings arebased off of my pet tuxedo cat oreo, with a few tweaks.

Offline Junos

• Wof?
  • Male
    • Junos's Blog
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 06:52:06 am »
Yup. Junos and Perrin

They are completly different. They are the opposite. Junos is very emotional, always happy, a party man... (or wolf). Perrin is very calm, very reflective, and he thinks 1st on the future. He is very rational, so he can be very "mean" while doing the "smartest" thing.

I am a mix of both... so they are and they aren't similar to me...

On the Internet and such(when I have to comunicate with people) Junos leads the way.
When reflecting about things, when I have to use the brain... Perrin leads.
"We humans fear the beast within the wolf, because we do not understand the beast within ourselves." - Gerald Hausman

Offline Heaven Implode

• Species: Grey Wolf
  • Holier Than Thou
    • earfolds
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 10:39:53 pm »
No, but I have changed some of the quirks of my fursona a lot in the past four years. I did experiment with a second fursona for a while, though.

A few years ago, I had a wolf fursona called Hakumei Ookami, and a fox fursona called Reimei Kitsune. He was a sort of dark and moody wolf, and she was a hyperactive fox. Purple and Orange were their respective colours. They were supposed to represent polar opposites of each other.

Eh, I'm not sure. They weren't really representations of my own personality, they felt more like characters I invented to tell some kind of story or something. In the end I ditched the idea and ditched the names, so now I'm just a wolf called Earfolds.

Well my fursona has changed a lot. Once it was just a generic sort of fox-wolf thing, then came the time I tried the double fursona, then I changed the wolf's name to Ookami Howling, and really just went on experimenting with him for a while. Now he's kind of the distant, aloof post-rocker who is prone to bouts of eccentricity and thoughtfulness alike. Any future changes of preference or personality will just affect Earfolds as if he were a furrier version of me.
woof

Offline TCD

• Furry Elitist
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 08:03:30 pm »
Do you have more than one fursona?
I guess. One fursona, one separate character I've used much longer than my fursona, so I suppose you could call it a secondary fursona.

How different are they from one another? how similar are each of them to you?
My fursona is simply a way for me to post pictures online wihtout revealing my real face. So it is as different to this secondary character as I myself am to hir. If that makes sense. Shi is far more impatient, far less forgiving. Shi's alslo a wizard with vampiric superpowers, so...

How often do you find your preference switch from fursona to fursona... if you ever do?
I get far more art of my secondary character. I don't generally represent hir as myself, though. So I guess I don't switch.

My Furaffinity! May contain mature images.
FFLw3ad A C D+ H++ M- P+++ R++ T++ W Z- Sf+ RLGP* a cn++ d+ e++ f+ h i++ p* sm+

Offline Ratchet

• The urban fox
  • Male
    • astrofox.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2009, 07:30:39 pm »

No not really, I only have one fursona, and i doubt that will ever change,
However I have a few characters i use on second life as well as my main one, they haven't really gone beyond there yet tho.

How different are they from one another? how similar are each of them to you?

Well Ratchet is pretty much me so has all my manarisims etc,  Sascha (yes it is a guys name) is my alt character who is a very feminine white cat,
and is a lot more girly and flirty than i am in real life its more of a role playing thing i guess

The third one i have is an as yet unnamed black fennec who acts sorta half way between the two, i haven't really developed his character much tho (i really just got the avatar because i though it was cute, and i like fennecs)

i guess they represent an exaggerated feminine side of me that i cant or wont act like in real life, though since i came out (in real life) that has been assimilated more into my main character (albeit in a toned down version).

Well as i said my main fursona is pretty much me, or how an idealised version of me would be, Sascha is pretty much a polar opposite of me and the fennec (really need to name him :P ) is somewhere in between.
Is that what the future holds ? Kevlar or cherry wood ? malevolence or good ?
fur code: FCF3adrw A C- D H M- P- R+ T+++ W Z+ Sm+ RLE* a clmu++++ d+ e+ f h* iwf++ j+ p- sm--

My Live Journal: http://astrovulpine.livejournal.com/

Offline Gigi

• Little Pink Goat
  • Female
    • Fur Affinity
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:59 pm »
I have only one fursona, Gigi, though I do have a sort of spirit animal, which is an adolescent male white-tailed deer that I have quite a bit of connection to. Gigi is closer to me than the deer is, and the two are far from similar in personality and appearance (ie. Gigi is unnartually color/marked while the deer is completely natural).

There was a point in time when I had two and then shortly after added a third. The first two (a fox and a canine thing) represented two halves of myself, but the they could somehow fuse into a hyena, which incorporated all I was.

As for switching from fursona to fursona, I usually try to keep fursonas active for at least 6 months, though most of my fursonas save for the canine thing mentioned above and the newer Gigi lasted over a year. I don't expect to change fursonas again, though Gigi's appearance may change in the furture. I'd like to bring in this deer character, but at the same time, it feels strange to force a personality on a spirit animal.
My English isn't the best anymore. Sorry for any mistakes.