Author Topic: Fursona Stereotypes/Characteristics...  (Read 13505 times)

Offline NovaMetatail

• Female
    • FursonaVille
Fursona Stereotypes/Characteristics...
« on: January 30, 2010, 02:22:14 pm »
This post is more for "fun" than anything (other than perhaps helping newbies figure out a species based on common traits).

So, basing this off of yourself and others of the same species that you have met, what would you assume about your fursona? What traits do you associate with it, if any? Personality? Behavioral? Anything? If you do not know any others other than yourself, just put down which traits, if any, you associate with being what you are. :)

I guess I'll go first (given that I started this topic). As a large mythical bird of sorts (most likely a bird of prey):

I tend to circle things, and people when I'm "studying" them.

Have always wanted to fly. When I was little, I used to attempt to jump off hills in order to "fly" :P

Like many birds, I like the sound of running water.

Like many birds, I entertain myself with noises when bored or lonely :P

I'm generally fairly solitary, though I like attention.

I'm very visual and feeling oriented.

Offline Martin_Aresian

• Male
Re: Fursona Stereotypes/Characteristics...
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 02:43:25 pm »
Hmmm, well oddly I probably have more feline traits then canine ones but I'll give it a whirl.

I've always been drawn to desert climates (yeah I'm no where near the desert). I adapt easily, I'm definitely an oppurtunistic eater, I'm always hungry, I'm borderline strawny, I whimper when distressed, and I tend to hole up in small den like spaces. Oh and I have an unhealthy obsession with roadrunners and enjoy explosions. *gets shot*
"Go to the ant you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise"
   -Proverbs 6:6

pic in icon done by Diana Harlan Stein
www.naiadstudios.com

Offline Geass

• Action is ALL that matters
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 02:49:17 pm »
I'm a Black Widow(You don't see this everyday)I like taking advantage of people,and appearing something I'm not to fool them.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 05:02:02 pm by Geass »

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:37:51 pm »
I've sometimes been accused of being a "default furry" since so many who start in the fandom take wolves as their fursona and I did too but I remained a wolf.

The reason for this is because I consider my friends to be more family than my actual family. So few members of my blood related family have treated me well and earned my trust while my actual friends do very well by me. In my mind your family is really those who you love and care about, who love and care about you in return and with whom you share mutual trust.

Wolves do this as well in their packs, packs aren't always family members and often you'll see packs of wolves who share no relation to one another, but they are a family beause of their ties.

I also shae the wolf's monogomistic trait. Wolves mate for life and in humans this is called monogomy, which I firmly believe in.

I'm also a carnivore, rarely eating any veggies of fruits.

I have a strong independant streak like the famous "lone wolf" image.

I think the wolf is just one that suits me best and since I show other traits and characteristics of other types of animals in my personality, which seems to change often, I made the Shroud species which is able to take physical charateristis of others and add them to themselves.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Zhono Veranhaut

• Species: Chocobo
  • Some things never change it seems.
  • Female
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 10:08:34 pm »
Hmmm... Honestly I'm not really anything like the wolf stereotype. The only thing that I can think of is that, for some reason, a lot of people see me as a leader, and I don't really know why. I've even got selected to go to Washington D.C. at one time beacause I had "leade potential" (though I rejected, we have to pay too much money to go on my People to People trip to spend even more on a trip to D.C.). I guess I do tend to take control when I'm in a group, but thats only because a lot of people see me as a genius due to my intrest in computers.  :P

Offline DeltaFur

• Philosopher/Scientist in the making
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 12:27:51 am »
Let's see here...
I like to eat meat, preferably fish and any kind of poultry. I also like rabbit. From what I understand, those are quite common in a cat's diet.

I like to nap. I like sunny rooms in which to nap.

I am mostly solitary, but I can have fun with a small group of friends.

I like to climb things. Anything really. Buildings to trees, you name it.

I am pretty territorial. My stuff is mine, I don't like it when my space is invaded.

I am wary of strangers. Just naturally distrustful.

The list goes on and on. A cat I am.
~Delta~

Pet's name: Pepper

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 05:15:54 am »
I'm a Wolfdog,  Half Husky,  Half great plains wolf hybrid.

Wolfdogs IRL are wildcards...  They can be fun and spazy at times,  other times very serious,  determined and quiet.

Offline Hayaikawa

• May your dreams be plentiful and lucid
  • Male
    • My youtube account
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 08:06:25 pm »
Im a Arctic fox.

I love winter, the snow, will take cold over heat, absolutly love living in alaska, love the feeling of snow beneath my feet, if its snow or ice im all about it : P, as well as anything nature oriented.

: 3

I also got lots of other furry traits but there not purely arctic fox related.

If you interested in lucid dreaming just drop me a PM or stop by the lucid dreaming thread I'll be happy to answer any of your questions.
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2625411/#cid:19342751
All is possible in a dream.

Offline DeltaFur

• Male
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:26:20 pm »
Man, I almost busted my wrist on a slick patch of ice. I would rather have nothing to do with ice.
~Delta~

My Furry Code: (PM me if I got it wrong somehow) FFD2amw A>+ C-> H++ M+ R+ T++ W>+ Z?> Sm RLU>MH a19 cl++ d+ e->++++ f+ h*>++ i+ j+ p*> sm>m+

Offline Anthro_Inquisitor

• What is feared is not what is evil.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 10:17:00 am »
The honor and... pompousness of a dragon, the insanity usually associated with bats (with a hint of cuteness). :D

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 08:15:37 pm »
I like to be around a close group of friends and don't like being in very large groups of people. I also like my solitude every once in a while. I love the night, everything about it. I do eat meat.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline CanzetYote

• Male
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 11:31:28 am »
At first, I thought about being a wolf but decided on being a coyote instead because:

-I'm very shy and skittish IRL. I'm not very brave at all. I'm the exact opposite of a daredevil.

-I have a somewhat dark and sneaky sense of humor that most people find odd

-I'm mostly a carnivore and generally dislike the taste of vegetables

-I'm fairly short for a guy (around 5'4") and coyotes are smaller than wolves

Offline josh down

• Male
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 05:50:59 pm »
this isn't why i decided to be a lion... but this is something i've noticed about many lions i've met;

- we can be real stubborn when we don't get our own way

- we are almost always peaceful and calm, sometimes very reclusive

- lionesses, from my experiences, are more aggressive than lions

man all so negative!!! well, most of it... lol. what's gotten into me?
just your average self-effacing, herbivorous predator

Offline DeltaFur

• Male
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 12:13:07 am »

I also shae the wolf's monogomistic trait. Wolves mate for life and in humans this is called monogomy, which I firmly believe in.

I think the wolf is just one that suits me best and since I show other traits and characteristics of other types of animals in my personality, which seems to change often, I made the Shroud species which is able to take physical charateristis of others and add them to themselves.

And cats are the opposite on the monogamy thing. As am I.
~Delta~

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 01:25:46 pm »
Okapis = Unique and Elusive
Me = Unique and Stealthy

Offline Martin_Aresian

• Male
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »
New fursona since I last posted so I figured what the hey I'll post again. Well my fursona is based off a social insect. I'm rather the sacrifice for the better of the whole type, I like things in their proper place and order, and I work best with a set list of duties rather then being left to my own devices.
"Go to the ant you sluggard; consider her ways and be wise"
   -Proverbs 6:6

pic in icon done by Diana Harlan Stein
www.naiadstudios.com

Offline Carry

• Bite Me
  • Female
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 08:26:06 pm »
Reindeer/Caribou
I tend to be a herd person, never liking to be left alone, or if my 'herd' of friends walks off, I quickly follow them, or sometimes I follow a group of people if I dont feel safe, even if I dont even know the group.

I never like to stay in one place, when all the 'food' is gone, or the interest in why I went there in the first place is gone, I move on and look for something eles.

I have a close bond with my mother (even if most people might) a young reindeer/caribou have close bonds with their mother at young ages, sometimes stay bonded till death.

and I love grass and oats. . .its just something I love  ^^
Ungulates United local #416

Offline Rift

• color will be added soon :)
  • Male
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 04:25:26 pm »
I, being a fox, do prefer mind games and studying a situation. Freinds called me fox for a little while because they said I was a sly type (I never thought I was). I do like attention, running, swimming, and what not. I see myself as a fox because I'm not as strong willed as a dog, but not to different from everone else like dragons, spiders, birds, ect.. (in my opinion, no offense if there was any). I'm just a plain fox, its who I am  ;)
Got a PS3, do u play games like Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty: Black Ops? add me (ID- Jaymeric) =D

Offline ExFortyFive

• Male
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:11 pm »
Lol not sure if all of my traits really represent my fursona but I think more of them do than don't :X .

Like the cold and snow
Like kind of slinking around and not being the center of attention
Like meat, but who doesn't =/
Don't mind being a bit social but as mentioned before in this thread, a bit territorial

Dislike getting wet -.-
A bit wary of people until I know them

Offline Kishi

• *balances ferret plushie on my head*
  • Male
    • Press this to be a stalker.
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2010, 12:03:48 am »
Ferrets:
Stealthy, despite my size (5' 10"/11", 230 lbs), I can sneak up on people pretty easily.
Flexible, Im also decently flexible,
Kleptomania, Im not stealing from stores and such, but If somethings hanging out of a friends pocket Ill nab it and mess around with them.
Obbsession with finding stuff, If I see something shiny or interesting, I will always pick it up.
While I dont enjoy water, I dont mind it either.
Enjoy being around people I know.
I make noises when irritated
I like crawling under bedsheets
Im nocturnal, I have a hard time sleeping at night
"But are you going to kill her off?"
"It's not your decision. I love the character, she stays."
"Yeah, well the only thing love's done is put you in this position; I say kill her off!"
"Yeah, but you say a lot of things... and how does that work? You're a bicycle" Claudio Sanchez, In the song Ten Speed of Gods Blood and Burial, which is basically about a crazy old writer talking to his bicycle.

Offline Garrot

• I do have a heart..I think...
  • Male
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28:55 pm »
Lets see..  what do I have in common with dragons? or at least my kind of dragon..hehe.
I am lazy, I´d rather sleep all the day if I could. I just LOVE to eat meat! oh, thats another thing, I eat a lot..too much I think, its strange because I eat all the day and Im thin. but nevermind, about the reasons of why Im like a dragon.. oh right, sometimes I imagine myself flying as I want and I just love that.
"In war, it doesnt matter who is right, only who is left"

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 03:17:51 am »
Since I'm a wolf/tiger hybrid I'll go with both sides one at a time.

Wolf: I am a family man, firmly believing that the family that preys together stays together. I am devoted to my pack and if need be I'll help discard the bodies.

Tiger: Quick to anger and very violent in action.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline ominipotentgoldfish

• Special When Lit
  • Male
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 01:17:53 am »
As a red panda, a sort of joke with my furry friends, is that I will cling to a food tray.  Any food tray.  Especially if an Asian woman is holding it.

Source of joke is here. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdRNX5CAlpY
Even Speedwagon is afraid! D:

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 03:09:28 pm »
part cat/part bird gryphon thingy? hmmm...

prefer to be alone.
cats like fish....i only like tuna. & shrimp ramen soup. thats it.
i love meat, but i have trouble eating veggies.
cats LOVE milk, but now im a bit lactose intolerant. cats cant have too much milk. >A>;
when i see somebody i dont like, i stay away. or i get angry when they come near me. >>;
i dont like getting wet, but im willing to go to water parks.
i like to sleep.
i like to watch/chase birds, or catch them if i can. i wont eat them tho. :3
catching bugs is fun, especially if its lightning bugs.
i love to stay hidden, & spy on things. owo

i wanna fly but i have a fear of heights. D8
fruits! 83
sometimes i squawk.
i like to stay in high places sometimes, & throw stuff down.
i like to collect things, like stuffies & cards. some birds like to collect stuff. :3

...i cant think of anything else. D:

"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 04:54:21 pm »
CAT
1. I love milk, but my parents say I drink too much. Cats love milk, but it's not good for them to have a lot.
2. I'd rather hide in the background and watch from a distance than to be in the center of attention.
3. I like being high up. Cat owners, you know how cats will always try to be as high up as they can? Yeah, me too.
4. I sleep curled up in a ball.
5. I can meow very convincingly.
6. I like to chase bugs and birds. Which when you identify with birds as well can be confusing...
7. Sharp nails make for good claws, even though they aren't retractable.
8. I almost forgot- Meat!
BIRD
1. I have always wanted to fly. Which, before I realized humans can't fly, involved jumping off my bed and often faceplanting on the ground.
2. Remember when I said I like chasing birds? On the rare occasion I catch one I always have to apologize even though I know it can't understand me.
3. I can squawk almost as well as I can meow.
4. Again with the high places. I once told my parents I wanted a bunk bed just so I could have the top bunk.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 04:56:51 pm by Spirit »