Author Topic: Furries in unlikely places?  (Read 7017 times)

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
Re: Furries in unlikely places?
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 12:52:42 pm »
Pretty interesting one recently. I was on a family vacation where my cousins and grandparents and us got together in South Carolina. One of my cousins knows a lot about the internet like I do and I was curious if he knew what furry is. The more I kept thinking about it the more I said to myself, "hm, maybe he's one too?" Well I asked him and guess what, he is! He's been a furry longer than I have in fact. It was great having another furry to talk to.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline CanzetYote

• Male
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 02:18:59 pm »
Pretty interesting one recently. I was on a family vacation where my cousins and grandparents and us got together in South Carolina. One of my cousins knows a lot about the internet like I do and I was curious if he knew what furry is. The more I kept thinking about it the more I said to myself, "hm, maybe he's one too?" Well I asked him and guess what, he is! He's been a furry longer than I have in fact. It was great having another furry to talk to.

My friend Leanne's boyfriend turned out to be a furry when I chatted with him about it but he was into Yiffstar and that kinda stuff whereas I'm more into the PG side of furry.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 05:50:46 pm »
Oh, from a few years back (before he retired), my father met his first non-me furry that was... kinda obviously a furry... because he said so... (as opposed to my IRL fur friends who he hadn't known were at the time) at work, over the phone. :D I don't remember the specifics, but it was something to do with something he was trying to arrange to have something ordered for some project or another.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 12:00:09 am »
Meeting furries in the physical world. College, ran into her one night slightly before I got into the fandom, shortly after I got in, she joined as well. That was closing in on thirteen years ago. By the way we had already gotten engaged by then, talk about unlikely :-P

The other time was about a year and a half ago. I was taking to a friend of mine when he mention something out of the blue that made me realize he was a furry. We had known each other for a long time before then, we've known each other since college. He was my best man :-P
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2010, 11:18:22 pm »
I don't really know any other furries off the internet but a friend of mine did mention that he knows what a furry is though that doesn't mean hes a furry   
Xboxlive: idk1394
PSN: turkey_bone1234

Add me if you want to

Offline Ayselicus Xinum

• Male
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 12:17:21 am »
Me and a bunch of my friends got a band together a while back, and we decided (well it was more of my friends' idea) to make a Youtube profile to put our original songs in, and when I finally got around to looking at our channel, a furry was in the list of subscribers... O_o There were wolves in the background of his/her channel, and someone that had commented in it had an avatar from the Concession webcomic...

They have no idea who it is or why he/she subscribed to our channel, tho. They also don't know what furries are either, so they just think the person's crazy... :D

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 09:15:09 pm »
Today I am doing a two day computer deployment gig to earn some extra scratch.   There were three other techs at this job. I gave one who arrived by bus a ride home and got to taking. He had to hold my giant Hello Kitty plush. We got to talking  I mentioned furry an he identified himself as another furry.

Offline CanzetYote

• Male
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2010, 05:47:40 pm »
I just went to Universal Studios and I saw a guy with a conbadge there that said "Bunyip" in red letters and a picture of some creature of indeterminate species smoking a cigar. The badge seemed to be protected in some kind of transparent case. I wanted to stop and chat with him but my group home was with me and I dunno what they'd make of me talking about conbadges and fursonas.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 07:35:11 pm »
I just went to Universal Studios and I saw a guy with a conbadge there that said "Bunyip" in red letters and a picture of some creature of indeterminate species smoking a cigar. The badge seemed to be protected in some kind of transparent case. I wanted to stop and chat with him but my group home was with me and I dunno what they'd make of me talking about conbadges and fursonas.

I assume the was Universal Studio Florida. Megaplex is going on at the same time.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
Kishi and I went to an annual carnival today. I saw some lady, with a baby and a stroller, wearing ears and a tail. I wasn't sure how to approach her, but she seemed to have overheard me say to Kishi "And THIS is why I should have worn my collar today."

We had a little conversation, her baby started crying, and she was off  ;).

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 04:06:09 am »
Made some friends over the last few days, just moved into college, classes don't start for a few more days.
Anyways, a couple of them seem to be extremely likely candidates for furry based off of my observations; one likely does not know of the fandom itself.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 10:32:10 pm »
I was pleasantly surprised  that there are furfans in the military. Why not? Servicemembers somethimes decorate their vehicles with anthropomorphic characters since images of shapely women would be deemed unprofessional.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Magical_HATz

• Species: Greyhound
  • Just remember, it gets better!
  • Female
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2010, 12:00:58 am »
When I did my Disney College Internship there was a furry at my workplace that asked me if I was furry cause I was drawing a dog anthro for my business card during break. I told him I was and he told me his FA id. I was excited and then wasn't cause he was a creepy older guy. He was alittle sketchy so I didnt really talk to him again.

Later, after I made my anthro dog business cards, I handed them out cause I had to for my assignment to my bosses. Apparently after getting the card, one of my bosses tried to subtly hint to me that he knew my FA id name of Magical_HATz with play on words and questions that hinted about magical hats and stuff but I didn't notice. I can be pretty dense to the obvious sometimes lol. Later after the store closes and we were tidying the store, he took me aside and just strait asked me if I was a furry. I was nervous for a second until he told me he asked because he was :3 BEST BOSS EVERRRRRRR!!! He's a tiger.

Though with that said, I bet there are ALOT of furries who work at Disney though ahaha. Florida is a big focus-point for the post-college populous.

Sig Art by Me!!!, Icon by RayFkm