Author Topic: My furry viewpoint thingy o.o  (Read 5069 times)

Offline Mooshi

My furry viewpoint thingy o.o
« on: July 31, 2010, 12:45:46 am »
Everyone is different, keep that in mind. I'll go over what I like first. :3 The artwork of course! Anthro characters are often my favs. I'd also wear a collar if I had one. Ears and tail..maybe x3 I'd also wear a suit for fun if I had one probably. Seems pretty typical of furry, right? Well..there are also furry things I don't like either. I can't stand using furry lingo, I'm sorry. D: I think terms like "mundane" are stupid. Don't like being touched either so "scritching" is out! I also don't really like the furs that are way too vocal and oversensative. If a troll says "Yiff in hell" and a furry responds with like "Already had and it was hawt ;3" I laugh. But when a furry is all ranting and taking major offense and starts defending the fandom like it's under attack..I ..facepalm.

Offline Siddeth Jackal

• grooooowl I ish a jackal
  • Female
Re: My furry viewpoint thingy o.o
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 09:29:08 am »
Lolol Moshi! Me too, seriously no need to get all butthurt :D.
Lol my bestie and I are both big time jokers and we watch a video on youtube and it called furrs furfags and so my friend and I both looked at each other and said "I have a confession... I'm a furfag" and then we both rolled around lulzing XD I was like yessshhhh FTW!

Um scritching I don't mind, simple hugs and play is all good, I just don't like when things get out of hand D<.

Though I do like some furr lingo.

^^ I'm working on buying a suit, I already have a tail an ears (not for the suit but I got it from ren fest)

**its in the basement** o-o

Offline Psylent Wulf

• Male
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 10:05:47 am »
Haha, Yah i find the anti-furry youtube videos to be more funny than anything. Like that one girl talking about how furries like to go in the woods, dig holes and eat berries. XD Although it was found out to be made by a furry to be a joke (I think) I still thought she was serious at first and ROFL'D  I saw it a couple years ago and can't seem to find it anymore.. ah well.

Anyway, I of coarse love anthro art just like any other fur and still like my collar although I seldom wear it anymore. I do however enjoy my share of pounces and scritches thow.  (:

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 10:19:15 am »
Yeah, everyone has different points of the fandom they do and don't enjoy.

Oh, and that one comeback is hilarious. I hope I get to use it someday.  :D
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline Cimarron

• A Little Inappropriate
  • Male
    • My FurAffinity
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 10:35:32 am »
Im OK with everything.  Then again, Im not bothered by too much.  Im all about getting/giving scritchens... they feel good! It was a little hard to get used to at first... I was at furry bowling and someone I've never met before starting scritching me... Since Im not used to random people touching me, I didnt know what to think at first... but it felt good, so I was cool with it.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 10:45:43 am by Cimarron »
Dont fursecute me yo!

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 12:04:04 pm »
Haha, Yah i find the anti-furry youtube videos to be more funny than anything. Like that one girl talking about how furries like to go in the woods, dig holes and eat berries. XD Although it was found out to be made by a furry to be a joke (I think) I still thought she was serious at first and ROFL'D  I saw it a couple years ago and can't seem to find it anymore.. ah well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEf6YthQvT8? I was thinking of quoting her on the "made me lose hope in humanity" thread.

Offline Shabbernigdo

• Species: Sergal
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 08:42:09 pm »
It will be quicker to list what i like so here goes.

1. The art.    no yiff art tho.
2. Some of the suits look cool.

For all the grammar/spellin Nazis
Yur just mad cuz u kant speel as gud as mee,

Offline Murkrow

• my second fursona is a Spore Creature! 8D BIRGEE!
  • Female
    • Murkrows Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »
my god, that lady needs to CHILL....but damn shes hilarious. XD

yeah, i agree with you a bit Mooshi. i love the art, & the fursuits, but i HATE the sexual side. im fine with hugs & all, but i will not stand for being scritched. (almost happend at AC. i let the fursuiter know i was female & that i dont like scritching.) D:
"If we could sit together a moment and talk forever just to pass the time, I would smile as the shivers and chills run down my spine when your eyes are locked on mine. Oh we'll fill the metro skies with country air, and when you close your tired eyes, I'll meet you there.

I'll meet you there." ~ Owl City

Offline Mooshi

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 10:36:48 pm »
Ja. The no scritching isn't really anti-furry, more like I LIKE MY PERSONAL SPACE RAWR! >:O I'm not totally against furreh speak, mainly the terms that are meant as insults. "Mandane" , "Furvert" and to some extent "yiff" are the top 3 that I dun like much. I'd much rather use the real words instead. Normal boring people, horny fish (it's what I call pervs xD) and I can't say the normal words yiff tends to mean here. x33

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 05:46:49 am »
Since my furry greeting is *Wolf-Pounce-Hug-Attack!!!* I think you will understand that I will walk up to someone I know and give them a hard squeeze.

Furry art I love, including the hardcore yiffy stuff. It used to disturbs  my wife a bit but she doesn't care that I look at it anymore, she even let me get a temporary membership to Fur After Dark.

Wearing a collar or tails and ears in public I won't do unless I'm at a con of some sort.

Fursuiting. I entered a fursuit raffle and am saving up to buy one in case I don't win one.

Furry language I usually don't refer to non-furries as "mundanes" I call people "mundanes" over religious matters instead. On a different note I almost always refer to my hands as "paws" I have to remind myself on occasion when I'm not supposed to do it.

I read and write furry literature
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Kr2i

• Male
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2010, 11:15:39 pm »
I really like almost everything about being furry except for the name of the fandom I thought that was joke the first time I heard about it
Xboxlive: idk1394
PSN: turkey_bone1234

Add me if you want to

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2010, 12:54:43 pm »
I'm pretty easy going, it takes a lot to get under my skin so when I see videos  or something of the anti fur nature I just end up laughing at the ignorance. (in most cases people just don't know what they're talking about) The term "mundane" to me seems like a derogatory phrase so I usually just use "non-fur" I'm cool with everything else though.
Icon by Shynjy. Visit his FA for goodies!

Offline Rift

• color will be added soon :)
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2010, 01:20:02 pm »
I like about everything in the fandom. I can see your point though when it comes to being offeneded ;) people mock things they don't understand and the trick is to not take it personal
Got a PS3, do u play games like Red Dead Redemption or Call of Duty: Black Ops? add me (ID- Jaymeric) =D

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2010, 08:08:59 pm »
The best furries are the ones that laugh at themselves and realize "yeah, it's kinda stupid, but I like the fandom anyway."

Furry as a whole is really odd, because every has his or her own definition.  I'm able to take the punches and acknowledge that there's bad media, but I don't let it bother me.

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2010, 01:30:08 am »
Everything by the law of objective weirdness is weird. Since.. well... existence in its very nature is weird in that it escapes real comprehension.

Oh, and I do feel that some people take things too seriously, (Guys, we are NOT L Ron Hubbard (the infamous Fictionologist) here; we /should not/ use Attack the Attacker policies, Fair Game, and most definitely not audit R2-47.), but on the other hand, some people /do/ have the fandom play a bigger role in their life, so I wouldn't say that everyone should have to take up a policy of simply treating it lightly all the time. Well, not /that/ lightly anyways.
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 03:20:37 am »
As far as people go with promoting anti-fur conceptions I found a particular comic amusing when a group of RPG gamers were at a hotel and got mobbed by a bunch of furs screaming "Yif" the comic writer was so poorly informed that he didn't even know that "Yiff" has two 'F's  :D

What I do love is every time I read an article from an investigative journalist who as infiltrated a Fur Con the article almost always comes back saying something like "These people are almost normal" The truth is we furs are in no way different then Trekkies, Star Wars nuts, Larpers, or people who work for Renaissance Festivals (Having worked at a couple of renaissance festivals I will testify to the fact that festies are a little weird.)
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 04:32:58 am »
What I do love is every time I read an article from an investigative journalist who as infiltrated a Fur Con the article almost always comes back saying something like "These people are almost normal" The truth is we furs are in no way different then Trekkies, Star Wars nuts, Larpers, or people who work for Renaissance Festivals (Having worked at a couple of renaissance festivals I will testify to the fact that festies are a little weird.)

Actually, there is a significant difference between furries and Trekkies, Star Wars nuts, Larpers, and Ren Faire people.  All those groups have the equivalent of a holy text.  For Trekkies and Star Wars nuts, it's the actual movies and episodes that define what is and is not canon for those worlds.  With Larpers, there are rule books for different games.  And with Ren Faires, there's the actual history of the Renaissance.  With furries... not so much.  This means that the furry fandom is less clearly defined, which may be part of why people outside of it have trouble understanding it.  A Trekkie can point at an episode of Star Trek and say, "That's what this is all about."  From what I've seen on these boards, explaining furry fandom isn't quite as simple.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Sky Striker

• Pet of Aperture Science
  • Male
    • Portal 2 Competitive Testing Initiative
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 08:41:45 am »

Actually, there is a significant difference between furries and Trekkies, Star Wars nuts, Larpers, and Ren Faire people.  All those groups have the equivalent of a holy text.  For Trekkies and Star Wars nuts, it's the actual movies and episodes that define what is and is not canon for those worlds.  With Larpers, there are rule books for different games.  And with Ren Faires, there's the actual history of the Renaissance.  With furries... not so much.  This means that the furry fandom is less clearly defined, which may be part of why people outside of it have trouble understanding it.  A Trekkie can point at an episode of Star Trek and say, "That's what this is all about."  From what I've seen on these boards, explaining furry fandom isn't quite as simple.

That's actually a really good point. I never thought of something like that.
Hey, you! Yes, you, especially you, Stephen, listen here. We need test subjects for a Portal 2 map pack coming soon, so check out http://competitivetesting.tumblr.com/ right now, see if you have what it takes to join the Competitive Testing Initiative map pack! Don't just outshine your coop partner, destroy them!

Offline 489109

• Male
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 10:14:30 am »
Couldn't we point to an animal and clearly say "That's what its all about"? Then going into the Hokey Pokie dance would only be an option.

Offline Spirit

• Female
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 11:48:26 am »
Couldn't we point to an animal and clearly say "That's what its all about"? Then going into the Hokey Pokie dance would only be an option.
I never thought I would agree with you, the ungulate uberhoof, but right now I have to say I do.

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 12:27:47 pm »
The fandom means something different to everybody. I think it's more involved on a more personal level then Trekkies and the like.

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 09:15:32 pm »
The fandom means something different to everybody. I think it's more involved on a more personal level then Trekkies and the like.
Tell that to the guy who tried to raise his kid bilingual... english & klingon. >.>
Though true, furries do tend to associate with their fandom moreso on average than other fans of other fandoms tend to do, from what I've seen.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 09:18:03 pm »
Tell that to the guy who tried to raise his kid bilingual... english & klingon. >.>
Though true, furries do tend to associate with their fandom moreso on average than other fans of other fandoms tend to do, from what I've seen.

Which is why I've never really wanted to call it a fandom, because a fandom is usually towards one thing specifically.  Whether a TV show, or franchise.

Furry as a whole, with so many different sects, and meanings to different people, it might as well just be an internet-subculture.

Offline Avan

• Our FA
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 09:21:42 pm »
Actually, that it is too. (a sub-culture)

In all technicality, furry really is just about anthromorphic animals, so there you have it, the core, though seeing as it leaves so much room for... interpretation, well, what you get are all the numerous, diverse and usually only marginally related branches of furry.

Offline Stigandr

• Male
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 10:22:45 pm »
Actually, that it is too. (a sub-culture)

In all technicality, furry really is just about anthromorphic animals, so there you have it, the core, though seeing as it leaves so much room for... interpretation, well, what you get are all the numerous, diverse and usually only marginally related branches of furry.

Which is part of the allure for me in this "sub culture" Theres a general concept that everyone relates to, but everyone can take away something different from it. Many different perspectives and interpretations.