Author Topic: Clothes?  (Read 7783 times)

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
Re: Clothes?
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2010, 03:15:50 am »
Shoes really come down to how human a writer/artist wants to make his characters. In my stories very few furs would think of going with out shoes in the winter because of how cooled cement and asphalt get in the winter, especially if they risk stepping on black ice. If the weather is cold enough for black ice a lot of animals simply don't have paws that can handle that kind of extreme. Yes I have one character who's nickname is Snow Dancer because as a kid he would rip off his clothes in the middle of winter and jump around in the snow naked as the day he was born and even as an adult simply doesn't get cold, he just wears a jacket to keep people from thinking he's completely off his mind, and risking getting picked up by the cops for being high on drugs.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 07:41:12 pm »
I do think most people who dress their characters have them wear shoes. It just it's part of the set, I guess :D
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2010, 01:37:29 pm »
I mostly dress my anthro characters as they look better in my opinon.   If I was a real
anthro I would likely wear loose fitting clothes that would be cooler.

One added note.  I was walking my small pooch on a icy winter day, and after he
did his buisness he wanted me to carry him. So even our furry friends
would likely appreciate paw protection at times.
oldrabbit.com

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2010, 02:01:39 pm »
I mostly dress my anthro characters as they look better in my opinon.   If I was a real

My dog's fur is a lot more wiry than furry..We bought her a little embarrassing beyond words dog jacket for her, when it gets a bit too cold  :P..I know what you mean.

Offline Sigurd Volsung

• Male
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2010, 11:46:36 pm »

Actually professional mushers always have shoes for their dogs. Glaze ice which looks perfectly smooth is actually full of sharp as needle flakes which, after a while of running, will shred the pads of an unprotected paw.
Spit and bailing wire hold my mind together.
Translation: I need a hug

Offline Minokyoko

• Male
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2010, 04:16:31 pm »
i don't really bother with clothes on my furry drawings, as they're covered in fur. *meep*

only time i draw clothing on them is if its requested or i feel like doing so.

http://minokyoko.deviantart.com

Furcode
FCF/FT/CW f 2 a A+ C- D H+ M- P R+ T++ W Z+ Sf

Hope to have my fursuit made by then.

Offline Alsek

• The Fluffy Destroyer of Tasty Fish
  • Species: White Wolf Pup
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2010, 06:19:33 pm »
I tend to avoid for drawings,  but wear practical clothes in RP.  ^^

Offline Serra Belvoule

• Holder of the Cookie Jar!
  • Male
    • Serra's Photo Album
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2010, 06:33:30 pm »
i don't really bother with clothes on my furry drawings, as they're covered in fur. *meep*

only time i draw clothing on them is if its requested or i feel like doing so.
Oh noes, the nakedness! X3
I ate a bag of grapes and now I own the world.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2010, 07:08:09 pm »
Much of the current military jumpsuits and coveralls have a convenient flap in the seat which fastens with zippers or velcro. Flame retardant too. Military surplus stores have them.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Tanu

• Species: Raccoon
  • Just a regular Office Raccoon.
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 10:38:15 pm »
My creations never wore more than wraps and a loin cloth, sometimes less.

(My designs are based on a tribal lifestyle each based on an element)
Celebrate who you are.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 10:53:50 pm »
Junyad Van Bloodmourne, in his various universes, wears a multitude of things.

In Skype RPs, he wears:
-Mage Robes
-Shirt and pants

In Exalted, he wears...A Satchel to hold stuff. He's a beastman. Nobody is going to walk up to a beastman and complain about ANYTHING, let alone the fact that he's walking around naked :D!

Offline MWBrantley

• This's the kind of thing that no-one ever believes
  • Male
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 12:36:48 am »
Whether or not my winged hominids (Avianids, from a now-defunct RP) could be called furry, they had a number of modifications or purpose-oriented designs for clothing (some of these did not get a chance to be mentioned):
1. Military shirts, weskits, and topcoats/trenches/tailcoats, etc. all have four sleeves; two for arms, at the sides, and two much-larger sleeves at the back for wings (not hugely-long sleeves, but just enough to make them usable even for individuals with full sets of flank featherings (all span the distance between the tops of the shoulderblades and the waistline, for just that purpose); they also have either a wide vent or a cavalry-duster-style divided coattail at the back to allow for individuals with a full-on functional tail plumage (being magic-produced blends of hominids and predator birds, they did not have vertebroid* tails, whether prehensile or otherwise).

2. Trousers with both suspenders for keeping them on whilst in flight, and with specially-designed rear panels for, again, those with fully-functional rear plumage.

1. Boots, for those who could wear them (short-term evolution has set in, several centuries after the initial magical breeding programs that created them), are shaped to the more-or-less standard hybrid cross between hominid and avian feet. Some have talon feet that they are able to scrunch together voluntarily to fit into a boot, some have regular human-like feet. Those who have  'scrunchable' talons kick off their boots when flying, the better to maintain perches on rocks or buildings or what few trees are robust enough to support them; the boots are attached to their trouser belts lanyards or leather belts.

This would be problematic in battle, of course (difficult to imagine them taking the time and risk of putting them on again; I toyed with the idea of talon-boots, wherein each individual talon-toe would have its own dedicated and separate sole, attached to the main foot with flexible leather or chainmailed leather, but ...*shrug*) but the boots are essential for those instances in which advancing on foot is the only real option, due either to terrain or enemy fire. Why? well, caltrops (shudder), for example...

The Avianids have all this uniform specialization partly because they want to be seen as being as civilized as the rest of the world in which they live (they have something of a species-wide, not-entirely-undeserved reputation for ruthless crudity and savagery), and partly because the garments are made so as to form a sort of flyable lightweight armor. (they're a mercenary nation, you see...)

That's about all that's pertinent to this thread.

Mordavo Klimt, my character I've created for one of the RPs on this site, wears a divided-tail frock coat to let his tail poke out when it decides it wants to (it has sort of a mind of it's own in that regard, lol)

Awwww, geez, I wrote another novella, didn't I? sorry about that. :-[

*Please pardon my neologizing ;)
Plan? What plan? I'm making this up as I go...

Offline Eddy

• Male
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »
As I frequently wear a white cloth cap for example, I always imagined glueing a pair of fox ears to it.

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2011, 07:34:05 pm »
Wearing things like a crap would get really annoying with fur, unless you got used to it. But then again, why would you need a shirt when you already have fur?

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2011, 08:55:41 pm »
Wearing things like a crap would get really annoying with fur, unless you got used to it. But then again, why would you need a shirt when you already have fur?

Yeah..Other than formalities, who needs clothes. Blah, I say (:

Offline Mr. Apple

• Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 11:34:47 pm »
Also, animals are adapted to the point where they don't need shoes, shirts, pants etc... what would you wear if you were a turtle? :o
"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's First Law of Equivalent Exchange."

DA: http://x13killer.deviantart.com/
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/x13killer/

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 02:26:05 pm »
spandex shell covers, Keep your shell shiny and clean!, Order now and you can get our handy dandy reach around shell buffer for FREE, that's right folks, I just said free...
sorry bout that, I think I must have just been possessed by Billy Mays there for a second.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2011, 02:46:58 pm »
I Never thought of it. Clothing is very important to my portrayal of Action. His manor and personality is more of a anthro version of William F Buckley. He has a fine sense of fashion preferring business casual at a minimum. Except when going salmon fishing.  As I thing about it Acton is more alien than terrain Ursus americanus, broad shoulders, small tail that is tuck in the pants. and wee broad paw protector shoes or goes without.
My Sanrio side  conforms to Sanrio's style.

Offline Mike Folf

• Marf! =3
  • Male
    • Valleydog Comic
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2011, 11:28:01 pm »
Could've sworn I've posted this on another thread, but marf.. (:  I find clothing to be essential to my fursona, to the point where a specific wardrobe is essentially a major part of my fursona's identity - Navy blue Abercrombie shirt with Khaki shorts, barefoot. Basically what I was wearing at the time I made my 'sona :p
I am a Canis Lupus Vulpes Americanus Califius, Cali Folf for short..

Tweet Comic FA

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 11:23:11 pm »
I only wear a trench coat.

If I button my trench coat all the way, it changes my form and what I am wearing.
If I want to be wearing a clown suit, then It will change into a clown suit.
If I want to look like an humanoid figure then I can look as such.

Without my trench coat I would have been caught a long time ago. The people of my town would have killed me, suspecting me of being a werewolf. Which I am obviously not.
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.