Author Topic: Trends among fursona species  (Read 7855 times)

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
Re: Trends among fursona species
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 04:01:35 am »
We also share an uncanny close relationship with our ungulate friends the chocobo. As close a peanut butter to jelly.
Soooo you're both tasty on your own, but taste even better when put together on bread?
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Onion

• Kupo!
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2011, 01:29:30 pm »
We also share an uncanny close relationship with our ungulate friends the chocobo. As close a peanut butter to jelly.
Soooo you're both tasty on your own, but taste even better when put together on bread?

True!!!!

Offline Bel

• Fox furry, anime fan, gamer
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2011, 03:05:47 am »
Of the foxes I have met, they seem to be submissive and pervy. Those traits even describe me.

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 03:41:39 am »
I just noticed something. Furries like to look like their fursona... or vice versa.

The three artists I have thurally examined, all have a familiar hair and with 1-2  of them the same posture.
I have recently found 2 other furries at my school and they like to draw people in furry costumes, and they are all with their faces.

I myself have created my fursona to be a moral and social image of myself, and what I just noticed in the mirror, I am growing hair to basically match the length and thickness of his.

Is this true, or am I just going crazy?
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Gearbox

• Species: Fennec-coyote hybrid
  • Ghost Foxote
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2011, 04:17:42 am »
I just noticed something. Furries like to look like their fursona... or vice versa.

The three artists I have thurally examined, all have a familiar hair and with 1-2  of them the same posture.
I have recently found 2 other furries at my school and they like to draw people in furry costumes, and they are all with their faces.

I myself have created my fursona to be a moral and social image of myself, and what I just noticed in the mirror, I am growing hair to basically match the length and thickness of his.

Is this true, or am I just going crazy?
Well, I tried to make my fursona as close to me in basically every way, so it's a given that he has the same height/weight/eye color/etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people do the same.

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2011, 12:48:32 pm »
Some of the rudest jerks I've met in the fandom were dragons, therefore with few exceptions, all dragons must be rude jerks.

...or not. We can joke about it. But really, that's how stereotypes are born.

Offline Ragnorrock_13

• Spread the love
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2011, 07:39:06 pm »
ehem!

Am I rude, or a jerk? I am insulted!

*briskly walks away, writing your name in my "book of Grudges."
Next time, I'll collect the money, and you can die!
The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

Offline Sunny Snowflame

• Greetings, Earthlings! You will obey me!!
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2011, 10:31:52 pm »
Of the foxes I have met, they seem to be submissive and pervy. Those traits even describe me.
Hmm... That would depend on one's definition of "submissive." I don't believe I am submissive, rather I tend to be stoic--I will go along with something if the situation calls for it, but I rarely submit to anything. I can only tolerate so much; after a certain line is crossed, all involved parties will know it very quickly.  ;)
:goldhowl:

As for perverted... well, everyone's perverted in their own way.  ;)
Just what exactly is a nerf, and how does one herd them?...

Offline Yip

• Species: vulpes vulpes
  • Female
    • Furaffinity
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2011, 12:32:19 am »
Am I rude, or a jerk?
I don't know...  why would someone that's nice carry a "book of grudges"?

:D j/k

Seriously though, it would be absurd for me to conclude anything based on having met a few dragons that were extreme jerks aside from "it is possible for dragons to be extreme jerks". But it's possible to find rude jerks in pretty much any group.

On a more technical note: Making such a conclusion would be flawed for at least a couple of major reasons.  For one, the sample size is -way- too low for it to be of any statistical relevance. And two, it would be confirmation bias since I'd be ignoring all the dragons that I've met that are not rude jerks.

Offline Emerald Blade

• Guys, chill out, I got this" *KABOOM* "Nevermind
  • Male
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2011, 04:09:24 am »
On the looking like your fursona thing, I actually have really long hair, and my fursona's is about an inch or 2, and I have a beard and he doesn't.
FYI I'm on Steam, wanna talk? msg me at Emerald Blade
http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Matt/UNCE-UNCE-UNCE.png

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 11:01:44 am »
I don't look anything like my Fursona, mainly because I'm not made of metal. I don't even think it would be possible to build an accurate Fursuit of him.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.