Author Topic: Roasted/Toasted Marshmallows.  (Read 2937 times)

Offline DexTheWolf

• Male
Roasted/Toasted Marshmallows.
« on: November 09, 2012, 06:32:55 pm »
Roasted on a stove.. Wait what?? On a stove!? ARE YOU INSANE?

How do you like your marshmallows? Burnt to the crisp? Toasted? Melted on the inside?
Making S'mores with them? Tell me the story of the first marshmallow you ate and or roasted/toasted?

I had a few lastnight.. Mmmm yummy!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:54:38 pm by DexTheWolf »

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
Re: Roasted Marshmallows.
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 06:34:27 pm »
burnt  to crisp
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Roasted Marshmallows.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 06:39:32 pm »
I don't roast them and never have.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
Re: Roasted/Toasted Marshmallows.
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 05:28:58 pm »
I love s'mores.  When I was in college, I had a candle that I would roast mini marshmallows over using a toothpick.  Then I would make s'mores out of them using two teddy grahams and a chocolate chip.  They weren't the best s'mores, but they were pretty good for a college dorm room.

These days, I have a fireplace in my house, and I can make real s'mores.  We've even experimented some with different ways to make them.  Here are some things I've learned...

-Petite Ecolier cookies are a really good substitute for graham crackers, 'cause they already have the chocolate
-a slice of banana or a couple fresh raspberries are delicious in a s'more
-those super huge marshmallows that they make now roast beautifully and come out perfectly molten all the way through, but they're equivalent to about four normal marshmallows

My personal preference for a marshmallow is that it be perfectly golden brown all the way around the outside.  Though, they're still good if they get burned.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 05:31:53 pm »
Also, my husband's family will zap marshmallows in the microwave to make s'mores.  You stick the marshmallow on top of a graham cracker and some chocolate chips in the microwave.  Then you watch it inflate as the microwave runs.  Take it out when it gets all puffed up.  They're... not nearly as good as roasted marshmallows.  But, they are kind of s'mores.  So, if you're really wanting a s'more but don't have any other way to make one, it is a strategy that works.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline Luku

• "Tell 'em I said something cool."
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:36 pm »
When I was in college, I had a candle that I would roast mini marshmallows over using a toothpick.  Then I would make s'mores out of them using two teddy grahams and a chocolate chip.

That sounds great. If you don't want to spoil your dinner. Or if you happen to be a Rescue Ranger, because those things must've been tiny. :D

As for marshmallows, I remember from my many camping trips they caught fire very easily and made excellent ammo.

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 07:46:33 pm »
When I was in college, I had a candle that I would roast mini marshmallows over using a toothpick.  Then I would make s'mores out of them using two teddy grahams and a chocolate chip.

That sounds great. If you don't want to spoil your dinner. Or if you happen to be a Rescue Ranger, because those things must've been tiny. :D

As for marshmallows, I remember from my many camping trips they caught fire very easily and made excellent ammo.

They were tiny.  It meant you could eat lots of them.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »
I like the jumbo marshmallows burnt to a crisp on the outside, and gooey on the inside...mmm... (: Also, s'mores are the best with honey graham crackers and dark chocolate.  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Aakosir

• In Vino Veritas
  • Female
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 11:32:09 am »
I catch mine on fire and let them blacken all the way around. And of course I love S'mores. Crunchy marshmallows are the best. Especially with the melted inside.
My FA

I come and I go

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 08:57:50 pm »
I like the jumbo marshmallows burnt to a crisp on the outside, and gooey on the inside..

This. :)

Offline Avor

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 06:05:53 am »
Roasted slowly over the hot coals til total perection,, it's even, goldern layer  containing the gooey goodness within.

I don't remember the first one I roasted, but I rememer the first one I did peredt, ALL sided done the exact same. It was magical.

Smores are beautiful. but they got better. They was a kind of
graham cookie/cracker that a had a light layer of milk chocolate on one side. Made everything easier.

Offline dodbringr

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 11:36:53 am »
Burnt outside, melted inside. Or, we burn the outside for just a few seconds so it isn't completely burnt, then we take the cooked part off as a layer. Then we do the same for the rest of the marshmallow, until we have a bunch of cooked marshmallow layers. Eat them like chips...  :D

Offline Earth Rio

• Female
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 05:08:41 pm »
To be honest, I've never had toasted marshmallows. If I did, however, I would love them melted on the inside. A local ice cream shop around here puts marshmallows in their hot chocolates, and they commonly turn out like that. They taste awesome.

Offline Arashi_Calunata

• Species: Solus Cat
  • That's what happens? Fascinating!
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2013, 10:41:07 am »
I microwave them with chocolate and desert stuffs. Haven't fried the microwave (yet)!

Oh, Belgian Waffles with marshmallow cream, strawberries, vanilla/chocolate ice cream & cherries makes a very fattening, but excellent breakfast. Or any time of day anything.

And I prefer my Marshmallows golden-brown perfect, or burnt so there's a shell.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:43:20 am by Arashi_Calunata »
Artist by trade, Soldier by choice.

475 consecutive last stands. Funny how that happens, huh?

A 'Solus Cat' is my evolution on my older species, the Hreldren. But better.