Author Topic: Mayonaisse  (Read 2652 times)

Offline Dreams of Vrblthr

Mayonaisse
« on: November 20, 2012, 04:27:58 pm »
How do you guys feel about mayonaisse?

I like it, but I feel like its put on too much stuff. It is a sauce that adds a distinctly creamy flavor to whatever you put it on, right? If that's the case, then I feel like it should only be up on stuff that would benefit from having some creamy flavor undertones added to it, ad the taste of the mayonaisse should not be overpowering.

But anyway. I feel like chicken salad fits into this category (of foods that benefit fr am added creamy flavor). Hamburgers do not.

Opinions on America's second-favorite condiment?

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
Re: Mayonaisse
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 04:28:58 pm »
Not my thing.

Spicy brown mustard, on the other hand... ;)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Ryffnah

• Female
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 03:50:06 pm »
How do you guys feel about mayonaisse?

I like it, but I feel like its put on too much stuff. It is a sauce that adds a distinctly creamy flavor to whatever you put it on, right? If that's the case, then I feel like it should only be up on stuff that would benefit from having some creamy flavor undertones added to it, ad the taste of the mayonaisse should not be overpowering.

But anyway. I feel like chicken salad fits into this category (of foods that benefit fr am added creamy flavor). Hamburgers do not.

Opinions on America's second-favorite condiment?

I hadn't thought about it that way, but this sort of makes sense to me.  I agree that mayonnaise is pretty essential in a good chicken salad, and I do usually find it sort of superfluous on a hamburger.  I mean, it won't ruin a hamburger.  But, if I'm fixing the burger myself, I'm more likely to just put on a little extra ketchup and mustard.

I do like mayonnaise in cucumber sandwiches.  For whatever reason, that works really well.
Is there really a cat paradise?  Find out in Otters In Space.

Spies!  Jet packs!  And a water-phobic feline surrounded by otters!  IN SPACE!  Experience it all in Otters In Space 2: Jupiter, Deadly

Offline werecat2012

• Male
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:14 pm »
I've never really liked mayonnaise that much. I never understood the thinking behind putting mayonnaise on a burger either.

I prefer to season food (especially anything that features baked potatoes) with barbecue sauce, spicy mustard, and hummus.

Offline Korin S.

• It's about what you /think/.
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 01:09:23 am »
I like mayonnaise. I would normally use it in most salad dishes, but it does have its uses outside of salad. I would have it on a burger or sandwich too, if it happened to have lettuce and pickles and tomatoes and stuff on it. Anywhere else, I agree mayonnaise should be used carefully. The taste is a bit strange when you get too much of it.

Also, though I can't remember where I read this, apparently french fries are eaten mainly with mayonnaise in England. Now, that seems a bit silly even to me. If the fries were actually fish 'n' chips, though, and the mayonnaise tartare sauce, I'd understand. I love fish with tartare sauce.

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 01:15:08 am »
I like mayo, but generally prefer to use salad cream. I usually only put it on salads or mixed in with tuna.

Korin: I'm in England and I have never met anyone that eats chips with mayo. :P

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 01:21:10 am »
Miracle Whip.  I won't settle for anything less. ;)

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:34:28 am »

IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

Regular Ordinary Swedish Mealtime

Offline Elusive

• Species: Fox/Raven hybrid
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 03:28:01 am »
Only have mayonnaise when when I eat artichokes, other than that I don't touch the stuff. 

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 11:48:45 am »

IT'S GOOD FOR YOU!

Regular Ordinary Swedish Mealtime
nasty x_x
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Katra

• Male
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 10:35:32 pm »
Bread with mayonnaise and nuts. (or sunflower seeds, crumbled blue cheese, or bacon bits.)  Otherwise it's an ingredient.

(I'll also use tartar sauce on my french fries.)
Richard Reid
Captain; webship Corwinda