Author Topic: Three questions  (Read 5374 times)

Offline Duck

• Male
Three questions
« on: November 30, 2013, 01:41:01 am »
For all the furres out there

1. When does one become a greymuzzle? 30? 40? 50?

2. Do you think Greymuzzles should quit decking themselves out in tails and whatnot

3. Are there any other members on Furtopia 30+ in years?

I ask because I myself am 34 and furry lifestyle. At cons I am free to wear my gear but always worried to outside of cons

Thanks

Duck
furry code :
FAD6s A- C++ D H M P++ R+++ T++ W- Z Sm++ RLMH a+ cn++  d+ e+++ f++ h+++ i+++ j+ p++ sm++

http://mj.ucw.cz/furry/ to decode for you

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
Re: Three questions
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 02:17:49 am »
1. i have no idea what a 'greymuzzle' is

2. 'Do you think Greymuzzles should quit decking themselves out in tails and whatnot' do you mean they should stop fursuiting

3. well there are a bunch of people on furtopia in all ages (don't think there are any 60+) but i know one who is in his 50s in only 15 tho.

Offline Duck

• Male
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 02:19:17 am »
a graymuzzle is an older furry fan or lifestyler

Duck
furry code :
FAD6s A- C++ D H M P++ R+++ T++ W- Z Sm++ RLMH a+ cn++  d+ e+++ f++ h+++ i+++ j+ p++ sm++

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 03:18:49 am »
1. well if it is just age or lifestyler then you can become a graymuzzle any age. i consider my self a lifestyler

2. no, i do not think lifestylers should stop, some people are really strong to the fandom and their fursona so they dress up as them. once i get a fursuit i will most likely wear it a lot  so i believe it's up to the person   

3. yes, i know one who is around 50

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 04:02:24 am »
id say you'd be a gray muzzle at 40

i think it depends on the situation, if you work at a formal workplace, you probably should not.

well there is kobuk, cause the rat and probably more.
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 08:36:43 am »
1. The "average" age one becomes a greymuzzle is usually about 30-35.

2. Not necessarily. I've seen folks as old as 50-60 wearing tails, ears, and fursuits at cons.

3. A few. Myself, Old Rabbit, WhiteShepherd & Kada-Ru (Admins)

Offline Scion Tyven

• Male
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:36:20 pm »
I've always thought gray muzzles started at like, 50 o.o But no, I don't think you have to stop at all! My grandma, who's 67 this year, is really into pop music, and in particular lady gaga. So she held a lady gaga party in her retirement home, and everyone dressed up with all sorts of weird things and glitter and danced around to Bad Romance.

You dont have to stop doing the things you enjoy just cause you get a bit of grey in your fur ^_^
"There is no struggle too vast, no odds too overwhelming, for even should we fail — should we fall — we will know that we have lived." - Steven Erikson

Offline Fenny the Fox

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 01:43:06 pm »
I say one is a graymuzzle when their beard (or hair, for the women folk) gets gray in it. :D

But seriously, am I the only one that find the whole "graymuzzle" phrase silly. There is no consensus on when one goes from just a furry to a graymuzzle either - I have seen after 10 years, or at 30, or at 40.

Far as I see it, I don't think at any age does it make a difference. If someone wants to wear a tail and ears, it doesn't matter if they are 15, 25, 40, or 90.

I certainly don't plan to just stop enjoying myself because I have already been around 10 years. Or I turn 30. Or 40. Or whatever number you throw on there. I mean, sure, I have a bit of time before then, granted. But I doubt my opinion will change on it before then.
F[Fennec]CF3a A C D H++ M- P+++ R T+ W Z! Sm RLET a cln+ d! e+ f+ h+ i+ j+ p+ sm+

P[red panda]/>F[fennec] B++ BB+ C+ E+ FF++ I+ >M MM- N+ O+ Tru* a

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 02:32:18 pm »
My answers at 50 years old.

1 Don't think age has anything to do with it. If a furry wants to have a graymuzzle fursona they should be able to. As far as your real age? When you start getting grey hair. If it takes a full head of grey then it might be a wile for me. My grandpa didn't have a full head of grey till he was in his 70's.

2 Ears and tail? I want a fursuit not ears and a tail.

3. Yes. And we're all over the fandom. The more of us that find out that there are people like us the more will join at our age.

Now I have a question for you.

Do old people scare you?  :D
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Duck

• Male
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 04:17:04 pm »
not one bit do they scare me!

I want to be brave enough to be furry outside of a con.

I know it sounds a little lame for a grown man to not have the courage to do so but this is why I asked

Duck
furry code :

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2013, 08:17:58 pm »

2. Do you think Greymuzzles should quit decking themselves out in tails and whatnot

Duck
1. It hard to say, there is no hard age but when one know it awkward to interact with the main stream.  I say when one life is beyond the young hangout  or college age.

2. There no reason not o stop you are your own person.
For me  just bury me with  a bible, ears and my con badge or.............

[singing]
Well I ain't afraid of dying, it's the thought of being dead
I wanna go on being me once my eulogy's been read
Don't spread my ashes out to sea, don't lay me down to rest
You can put my mind at ease if you fill my last request

Prop me up in  con suite  if I die

3. Yes I am 53.

Offline Ziel

• Cerealivore
  • Species: Fox!
  • *nom*
  • Male
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2013, 09:45:43 am »

I ask because I myself am 34 and furry lifestyle. At cons I am free to wear my gear but always worried to outside of cons

Thanks

Duck

Not sure on the age thing. I think it's more of a mentality thing. Though if you base it on when a dog's muzzle actually starts getting grey, it would seem to be roughly between the equivalent of 35 and 45. But I do think having a set age to qualify it is a bit silly.

I see no reason older members can't continue wearing tails, ears, or even fursuits.

I think others have answered the last point sufficiently.

Twitter - FurAffinity - Sig by Heat.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2013, 03:56:57 pm »
1. The "average" age one becomes a greymuzzle is usually about 30-35.

:o

x_x I am almost that age!!!  x_x

Thanks

Duck

1. I consider graymuzzles those who wish to be called such. Plain and simple. To me, a fur is a fur is a fur, no matter how old.

2. Only if one wishes to stop.  :P

3. I fall shy of 30 by two years.  :-[ I guess that makes me....old...

http://memegenerator.net/instance/43034845
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 02:30:00 pm »

Thanks

Duck

1.  Per all definitions I have heard a "Greymuzzle" is a furry (in the fandom sense of the word furry) that is 35 years or older

2.  Absolutely not.  I my self wear a fursuit, and bought a pair of Necomimi ears at last Anthrocon.  I don't walk around the streets like that, but I have worn the ears in mixed company of friends (some furry, some not).  I wear furry t-shirts all the time, at work even.  Age should have no impact on what you want to wear for fun.

3.  I am 39 years old at the moment, and I will be a furry probably until the day I die.  I cannot see myself giving up what I love so much.

As a side note, I want to ask what if my beard decided to skip grey and go right to white, should I call myself something different?  That's what genetics seems to be doing for me.  ;)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 02:49:36 pm »

As a side note, I want to ask what if my beard decided to skip grey and go right to white, should I call myself something different?  That's what genetics seems to be doing for me.  ;)

Santa?
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Remley Bishop

• Species: Hooded Rat
  • Male
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2013, 09:49:11 am »

Santa?

Give me a few years and a padded suit and I probably could play at being Santa.  Right now its a mix of dark brown and stark white.

Offline Acton

• Species: Republican Black Bear
  • Unrepentant Furry, Otaku and Anglican.
  • Male
    • Acton Hermitage
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2013, 03:05:47 pm »

Santa?

Older than dirt. Ancient of  paws?

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2013, 06:47:02 pm »
Technically it takes less than one year to make dirt. We're all older than dirt. Older than poop. But not older than rocks. Only a few of us are about that old.  :D

Offline GrayWolf448

• Male
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2013, 02:33:47 am »
well if you think of it we are technically as old as the beginning. we are all made of atoms and by the laws of the universe matter can neither be created nor destroyed. so we are all trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions years old

Offline Sergalicious

• Species: northern sergal
  • I need some snuggs pretty bad now...
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2013, 12:49:44 am »
well if you think of it we are technically as old as the beginning. we are all made of atoms and by the laws of the universe matter can neither be created nor destroyed. so we are all trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions of trillions years old

we are having none of that philosophy stuff here!!!only i can say stuff like that, that my thing.

also that is a " but" of an exaggeration.
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts...
You are someone else
I am still right here