Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 71004 times)

Offline Turgius

• Species: Anthro Wolf/Dragon thing of questionable sanity...
  • Avatar is Artz by Flinters on FA
    • FA Account
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2014, 09:14:47 pm »
Add political adds to the list, here in Colorado they have begun. I quit watching television regularly in 2010 after becoming disgusted with the political adds since Colorado is a swing state...now they are all over the internet too...every youtube video i click on...grrrr. I don't care, Ill do what I do every election year when I get my absentee ballot...take time to look up each issue...and each of the  candidates voting record...then decide. (sorry for the rant)
“Oh I've plenty of time, my time is entirely my own.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Идиот

FCWh3a A C D H M P R T+++ W- Z Sm- RLGP a cn++ d++ e++ f-- h- i++ j p sm-
-Furry Code

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2014, 01:57:01 am »
People who want to own exotic pets. I.e. - Foxes, tigers, snakes, wolves, etc.   :goldpissed:

nothing wrong with wanting to own one but it's when they own one and dont know how to care for it. when they cant care for it, that can get pretty dangerous.

my mom's "friend" had a wolf hybrid and one of our small dogs ran past it and she (the wolf) grabbed our dog and shook her. luckily she dropped my dog and we brought our dog to the ER. turns out that our dog's wind pipe had a small laceration in it so that air started getting under her skin and it was hard for her to breath. the put her in a box that had a higher amount of oxygen in it than the outside and she started to get better. she lived awhile after that happened (it think it was a year). sadly on august 29th 2014 we had her put to sleep due to cancer. im happy that we had her for another year and didnt lose her back then.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2014, 06:41:47 pm »
People who have and abuse their OCD condition to manipulate, control, and micro-manage other people and situations for their own selfish needs and pleasure.

I'm dealing with this at work right now.  :goldpissed: :goldpissed: :goldpissed: :goldpissed: :goldpissed:

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
« Reply #153 on: September 25, 2014, 05:01:44 am »
not really that major of a thing. However, I find it really annoying when I have to kill wolves in video games. Why can't I let them live? :3 Just the whole representation of wolves being evil and savage is annoying as well.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2014, 11:51:52 pm »
I suppose it could be more about the fact that if you don't kill the wolves they'll eat you...same with most predatory animals.

Mate of WereCat

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #155 on: September 26, 2014, 01:53:18 am »
I suppose it could be more about the fact that if you don't kill the wolves they'll eat you...same with most predatory animals.

not really that major of a thing. However, I find it really annoying when I have to kill wolves in video games. Why can't I let them live? :3 Just the whole representation of wolves being evil and savage is annoying as well.

im both with you

i mean in movies they take the evil role
as Hollywood portrays them

but really there not evil
just a Hollywood stereotype
if they attack people they have the right if your a threat or if they were desperate for a meal >:(

but wolf's in my opinion are misunderstood 
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2014, 03:41:55 am »
They'd only attack if your entering their territory or if they are hungry and see you as a meal. The thing that annoys me about the game is that they are portrayed as vicious killing machines. It's kind of like all sharks being thought of as killers when in fact only some sharks are man eaters and attacks happen infrequently. If you actually look at some credible wildlife videos of wolves you'd see that they are not actually that aggressive at all. (when they are left alone). Wildlife videos themselves can manipulate how you feel about something by the music they play along with it, what the narrator says and how they portray the animal in general.

I'm not being stupid and saying that they are cute, so therefore they can't be dangerous. You just have to be cautious of them. It's also the fear of wolves that led to them being hunted so much by humans in the first place. Just like how Western Australia recently tried to kill a whole heap of sharks because of a shark attack (stupid).

__

anyway.. next thing that annoys me.. I just don't understand math. (I've worked on it pretty much all day and I've struggled allot)  It's too annoying and there are so many questions that don't even have a practical application.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 03:43:28 am by Sciex »

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »
Good points, but personally in many games that have dangerous animals such as wolves in games, they will attack mostly because humans are easy meals. We're slow, weak, and easy to kill, not to mention we're made of meat. We just have technology to help, and maybe thumbs.

Sharks bite people and things because underwater we do look like seals and other food, they have to bite things to taste them cuz they can't stick out their tongues.

It's always sad to see animals  portrahed like that. But I can see situations like that working in games.

Human encroachment will lead them into their territory and they will defend it. Humans are usually easy meals unless they are well prepared. It saddens me more that people become scared of what they don't understand, instead of try to learn more.

Anyway...

People who wake you up specifically to ask you to do something for them. I have a few words to explain my feelings about that...
Mate of WereCat

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
« Reply #158 on: November 19, 2014, 11:25:19 am »
Ignorant people, they seem to always push things on you, then when you don't complie they find ways to keep picking at you. And the stuff they pick on isn't even true, it's just really annoying.  :(
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #159 on: November 21, 2014, 09:18:36 pm »
This just came in.

When people rage on CoD when someone hardscopes with a sniper, even though the job of a sniper is to hardscope.
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline Kynao

« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2014, 01:22:00 am »
Stupid people</post

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #161 on: November 24, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »
Getting put on the spot in the presence of guests by a rude person.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Renault

• Species: Kitsune
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2014, 09:26:31 am »
Having a high ping and you can't do anything about it... like it sucks to be unable to play online because you are stuck with a crappy internet service provider.

Or when people say things that are so easier said than done. "Well, get a car." Might as well tell me to stop having a heart condition.
Eh, I'm gonna leave this blank.

Offline Purrrl

• Male
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2014, 05:26:24 pm »
Having a high ping and you can't do anything about it... like it sucks to be unable to play online because you are stuck with a crappy internet service provider.

Or when people say things that are so easier said than done. "Well, get a car." Might as well tell me to stop having a heart condition.
li

Know both of those feelings... especially the first one, but then add in people watching netflix :|

Pings in the region of 1500ms, anyone?

Offline Renault

• Species: Kitsune
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2014, 06:46:57 pm »
li

Know both of those feelings... especially the first one, but then add in people watching netflix :|

Pings in the region of 1500ms, anyone?
Lol not that high, but it is often the highest among other gamers. Mine is usually stuck in 700-1000; If I'm lucky, 650 ms. However, satellite internet just simply isn't ideal for online gaming.
Eh, I'm gonna leave this blank.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2014, 07:03:04 pm »
People stealing art and claiming it as their own... >:(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Turgius

• FA Account
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2014, 11:01:36 pm »
The way Christmas merchandise is pushed earlier and earlier each year....

-Furry Code

Offline Wereaibo

• Species: Nightmarish animatronic animal
  • Straight from the Uncanny Valley
  • Male
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2014, 11:36:49 pm »
My phone. It's a constant fight to get it to do anything it's supposed to. It frequently drops calls, oftentimes refuses to load web pages without a fight and many times even when it does load them it often does so badly, missing images or only loading half the page. This thing isn't a smart phone. It's a developmentally disabled phone. But even that's a poor analogy because developmentally disabled people still have value. Those old crappy Tiger Electronics LCD games have more brains in one circuit than this joke of a phone has in it's entire form. Even the freakin' N-GAGE laughs at my phone and calls it a slacker.
You humans need to refine, alter, corral codify and measure things yes? Very well. I shall use your wristwatch to count out ten of your seconds. I suggest you use that time to run. For at the end of it I shall come for you and I will catch you and we shall measure the duration of your death... In screams.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2014, 07:20:25 am »
The way Christmas merchandise Black Friday is pushed earlier and earlier each year....

:goldpissed:

Offline Keitsu

• Male
« Reply #169 on: December 02, 2014, 07:19:36 pm »
immature and rude people on gmod

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #170 on: December 02, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »
CoD rant:

When someone abuses their mic on CoD and blasts music through it.

When people use a bot on CoD and nobody but you notices. I mean, they only fire pistols 2 times a second, max.

When people use modified controllers and fires a semi-auto weapon and its like a freakin minigun.
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #171 on: December 02, 2014, 08:11:50 pm »
People looking for handouts.  :P  >:(

"Hey man, you got a cig?"

"Hey man, you got a light?"

"Hey man, can you spare some change?"

Etc., etc., etc.  :P  :P  :P

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #172 on: December 02, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »
People who don't know how to chew with their mouth closed... :P

Offline charcoal

• Species: Pitbull
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Male
« Reply #173 on: December 02, 2014, 09:08:24 pm »
It gets annoying when they ask for money and ask you if you want some chewing tobacco. hell no I like my teeth intact and I want to keep my girlfriend .
People who talk crap about how poor you are. Thanks bud I know I can't afford a movie ticket.
Last one. The people who feel the need to talk about these non military dog tags  I know their fake .but if you read them you'll know why they're importent to me so shut up
imageanation is more important than knowlage elbert einstein

Offline Turgius

• FA Account
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2014, 09:37:47 pm »
Solicitors in general whether they be Religious, marketers, or political pushers with clipboards. The last 20 to 50 times I said no should really give them an idea of my future responses. Also people who fake difficulties to illisit sympathy in order to get money from people. For around two and a half years I saw the same guy by the light rail station near MSU Denver ask people for a hand out while showing a massive wound in his arm, that he would obviously repeatedly re-open, and he would be there at least once or twice a week. Also people who are obviously faking sympathy by the road side: "lets see. Iv taken this route for the last year and a half and your always here, always wearing a different set of clothes. last week you had a cast on and you needed to get to Cali due to your mother having cancer, before that you were a desperate single mother, and now your collecting donations for a disabled child horse ranch for disabled children can ride...Ok...seems legit."

-Furry Code