Author Topic: What really "grinds your gears"?  (Read 71010 times)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
Re: What really "grinds your gears"?
« Reply #825 on: June 09, 2022, 11:09:24 am »
If I decide to not have guns, can I not be in that circle Kobuk?
 ;)

I am dealing with so many strange issues with technology at home and work, that it grinds my gears.
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #826 on: June 12, 2022, 12:22:23 am »
My lawnmower's gas cap. First I loose the actual red cap. Left with just the underside with the charcoal filter. Now that part has vibed off wile mowing the lawn. Read the reviews on the replacement cap. Apparently if I get a replacement it to will come apart and get lost in the lawn. My solution? Aluminum foil and a hair scrunchy. A lot cheaper than a $20+ continuation of the same problem i already went through.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #827 on: June 13, 2022, 03:50:55 pm »
Snobby artists with big YouTube channels. Yes, still learning to oil paint. It's hard to have anything to show when I can't put much time into it. A few minutes every few weeks isn't cutting it. Not cat fishing, just not able to produce anything. Guess i really should post in my thread in the art section. It's been about half a life time. anyway. I watched this artist draw a nude. The entire video was him saying how the human eye is absolutely perfect. How the eye is the only tool a real artist needs. How tracing is not only cheating it's detrimental to an artists development. Even going on as stating " tracing will never produce good art." The ironic part of all of this is he was having real trouble drawing the model's hand. To make a long story short I used that to prove him wrong. And historical facts on the use of both the camera obscura and camera lucita. Who used them. And their paintings have been hanging in museums for 500 years. He refused to believe it and wanted to leave it at that. A true moron. Not only will he not learn by his own mistakes he refuses to believe facts.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #828 on: June 13, 2022, 05:55:08 pm »
Major storm moved through my area this afternoon and the street in front of my apartment got flooded.
Watched numerous people drive their vehicles through the flooded street wondering if any of them would get stuck.
And then there were the few with their big trucks who just decided to "gun it" and rampage right through the water without any concern whatsoever. Morons.  >:(

Offline Alex

• Species: Raccoon
  • Male
« Reply #829 on: June 15, 2022, 09:07:06 pm »
The guys I work with (that haven't even been at our workplace for a year) trying to tell me how to do my job even though I've been there for years.
The worst part is that they don't know how we do things and don't listen to my input half the time. Then when things get screwed up, they look at me for solutions. >:(

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #830 on: June 18, 2022, 08:18:33 pm »
People who get outraged for the sake of being outraged. You get the same results as panicking.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #831 on: June 24, 2022, 01:49:06 pm »
The guys I work with (that haven't even been at our workplace for a year) trying to tell me how to do my job even though I've been there for years.
The worst part is that they don't know how we do things and don't listen to my input half the time. Then when things get screwed up, they look at me for solutions. >:(

I know your pain. Got a boss who thinks he knows everything. Truth being he's nothing more than a one minute moron. I have a co worker who's been at the same job for years. We both work on the same machine. But different shifts.  I end up having to fix the problems this machine is left with. Took me more than two hours Monday alone. I had a problem with one motor and had to modify how the machine worked to keep good production. My co worker tells me "I had no problems with it all day long." when I looked at how my co worker set the machine up? It was made to look like the motor was working without it actually touching the product. Lied to me.  And the worst part about this is our one minute moron will only listen to my co worker. Despite the fact that I'm the one who's found all the problems with this new machine. 

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2022, 07:52:57 am »
A co-worker abusing refrigerator privileges. Someone shoved a whole case of bottled water in there at one assignment.
  Presently, I was crowded off a shelf by someone with more groceries than some campground stores. These include about a dozen different dips, sauces, dressings, and condiments; a gallon jar of pickles, a gallon bucket of pickled veggies, a half-gallon of tea, a quart of coffee creamer, and a sealed can of beans. Plus a travel mug.

The dude-in-question recently interviewed for another job. Everyone's hoping that he gets it.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2022, 01:31:06 pm »
A co-worker abusing refrigerator privileges. Someone shoved a whole case of bottled water in there at one assignment.
  Presently, I was crowded off a shelf by someone with more groceries than some campground stores. These include about a dozen different dips, sauces, dressings, and condiments; a gallon jar of pickles, a gallon bucket of pickled veggies, a half-gallon of tea, a quart of coffee creamer, and a sealed can of beans. Plus a travel mug.

The dude-in-question recently interviewed for another job. Everyone's hoping that he gets it.

At my last place of employment, it wasn't just refrigerator privledges being abused, it was also the microwave too in the employee lunch room. Nobody bothered to clean the microwave if there was a "food explosion" and the microwave looked gross.  :P As for the fridge, people would put stuff in, and then sometimes they'd forget about it and then we'd have horrible smells coming from the fridge and/or containers of food with mold growing inside of them.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #834 on: June 29, 2022, 02:03:35 pm »
Got two things to gripe about today.

Getting mail that should go to my conspiracy theorist neighbor. The last time I walked over to give them their mail he answered the door with a gun. These folks are nuts and I want nothing to do with em. Unfortunately the mail I got this time I thought was junk mail. I opened it. So now I'll have to go to the post office and explain what happened and why I wont had it in person to them.

Just go my car back. Haven't been driving it for more than two weeks now. Transmission is acting up again. The one they just replaced. That took over a month to replace. It'll be going back in the shop next week.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #835 on: July 14, 2022, 12:41:18 pm »
Got into my car last night. Started it up and got a full blast, could not turn it down, message from Onstar. Reminding me that i have a free month of Onstar. Called them up today to cancel this service. They told me  I have to go back to where i bought this car to cancel Onstar.

I went on line to see if there was a way to cancel onstar from the vehicle itself. Wow. What a load of scared people. There are actually people who believe Onstar is watching them through their rear view camera. Common sense and critical thinking is in short supply.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #836 on: July 18, 2022, 11:04:06 pm »
I can't manage to get ahead.  Too much to do, too little time.

It grinds my gears!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #837 on: July 25, 2022, 07:41:13 pm »
Just my dad currently.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #838 on: July 28, 2022, 09:28:58 pm »
 Car parts are basically not available. 
Those are needed.
But no. No parts.

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #839 on: July 29, 2022, 03:17:55 am »
Management. Complete lack of intelligence or common sense. A bunch of product was started four days in advance. We were told to focus on things that are needed today or the next. Now there is a problem. Seems this same member of management want's to know why all this product has been sitting around for four days. This is an issue that needs resolving. I can not tell you how disappointing it is to work with someone like that.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #840 on: August 30, 2022, 03:00:09 pm »
Starting yesterday all my you tube searches have been packed full of right wing hype. Even one channel predicting our economy will crash by the end of the month. They have one more day to be right. When it doesn't happen do you think that channel will loose subscribers? Nope. It's called stupidity. T.C. is saying it will crash in 2023. Giving his followers enough time to forget what he said when it doesn't happen. Again, stupidity. What my real gripe is? I have to deal with this level of stupid right wing channels when doing a search for oil painting.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #841 on: August 30, 2022, 05:24:03 pm »
Our company does something called P.I. planning.  It is supposed to help us as we work for 3 months at a stretch.

It never works and takes literally 24 hours to do.

I wish we would stop the insanity.

(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #842 on: September 05, 2022, 02:43:10 am »
Jade. seems our company is starting the madness as well. We tried something about 15 to 20 years ago. It failed miserably. Because it's the brain child of a member of management who is little more than a one minute moron it's the right thing to do. Despite many of us who have been there for years telling him it didn't work. It's helping in about 10% of situations. Becoming a problem with the other 90%. Making what it was supposed to fix a bigger problem. Just like it did years ago. It's very disappointing to work with someone like this.

My gripe is I'm still getting right wing propaganda when I do youtube searches. So now I'm having fun with it. I'm posting in most of them the same thing. "This lack of intelligence proves you'll never loose subscribers. When this doesn't happen you'll simply make up excuses."

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #843 on: September 06, 2022, 01:26:54 am »
Seems when you start speaking up against abject stupidity youtube stops sending abject stupidity. The last one I replied to wasn't the dumbest. I'll give that score to the US economy crashing by the end of August. The last one was trying to spread fear because Russia sold 25 jest to a middle eastern country. How this will rain terror down upon the christian countries of Europe. So I posted the obvious. "Let's say there's 15 countries in Europe that have 50 jets each." Then I posted the rest of it.

My gripe is just how stupid and gullible right wing America has become.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #844 on: September 06, 2022, 11:42:13 am »
What grinds my gears are the algorithms that run social media.  I'm a programmer and engineer.  I've been doing this stuff for almost 15 years now.
I will not be employed in making algorithms such as that.
They are used to increase prices on food purchased online,  make homes sell so fast buyer never saw it and walked through it, feed you
Only what you want to see and hear and not anything else,  and they favor loud and flashy people who just want to spread diseases ideas.

It's one thing to be fed endless cat videos or how to tutorials.  But being fed extreme views on hot button topics is without politeness or common sense. 
If Cause didn't subscribe to right wing media stop sending it to him.
And same for any other furson, etc.

I'm tired of engineers, programmers etc,  allowing themselves to be used as mere tools.
Stand up for what is right,  stop being a pawn. There are things worse than not being paid.  Do something else rather than be part of a big problem

I'm done
(Name that tune!)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #845 on: September 08, 2022, 01:44:10 pm »
Thanks Jade. I have everything on youtube's search criteria turned off. I do get random weird videos when I open the youtube channel. But I shouldn't get off the wall videos when I do a search. Have no clue what the words "oil painting" have to do with right wing propaganda. It's my hope their so desperate they tag hundreds of words to their videos. Hoping to make up for losses due to people getting tired of hearing things that never come true. It is unfortunate that some brain washing victims will never recover. But most do.

My gripe today is I have to work Sat. Don't like the time. But I do like the pay.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #846 on: September 10, 2022, 10:35:53 pm »
For those who think furry cons are expensive. Just checked out a Plein Air con in Denver. For those who don't know plien air is painting outdoors. Anyway the cost of  the con is $1097.00. You sake $400 by booking early. You still have to book a room. Plus food, transport and your own equipment . Almost three grand before you get in the door. I'll pass.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #847 on: October 01, 2022, 11:42:33 am »
My monthly natural gas bill more than doubled in the past year.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #848 on: October 01, 2022, 09:42:08 pm »
I was informed today that I'm the acting lead in my department. And talked to the guy who's been doing the job for a few years now. We're both a bit more than mad. First he was asked but not paid for doing the job. Second i want nothing to do with any management position. Told them I wasn't going to be forced to do something I have no intentions or interest in. My very first job was management. Second job turned into management/ I want nothing to do with management of any kind. Been thee done that. When I leave work I want nothing to do with it.

Offline cause the rat

• Male
« Reply #849 on: October 09, 2022, 07:14:20 am »
Boiled Linseed Oil in a plastic jug with a pushdown locking lid. No idea who thought this was a good idea. The boiled linseed oil you get for wood working has chemical dryers. Drys quickly when it comes in contact with air. It's also very thin. So it gets into the locking cap and freezes it in place. I had to drill a hole in the side of the plastic jug. Poked an air hole in the top. Filled a quart sized canning jar with an air tight lid. The duck taped the holes in the jug closed.