Author Topic: Does having a fursuit make your fursona more complete?  (Read 4338 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Does having a fursuit make your fursona more complete?
« on: December 15, 2015, 02:44:14 pm »
Taking a cue from this thread here:
http://forums.furtopia.org/general-furry-discussion/does-having-a-picture-make-your-fursona-feel-more-compleate/
.........I wanted to ask if having a fursuit or fursuit parts makes your fursona feel more complete?

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Does having a fursuit make your fursona more complete?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 02:49:27 pm »
Not even slightly. I have never had and will never have a fursuit. It simply isnt important / is irrelevant as far as I am concerned. My characters are complete without Iit.

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 04:14:32 pm »
I plan on getting one when I can (it's not important right now, and i rather save up for a Saiga AK-74). Right now I'm happy with my character.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2015, 03:12:18 pm »
I'd say it depends on your fursona. If your fursona is a stand alone character (it was designed before an idea of a fursuit came to be) then it isn't essential to have a fursuit to make it a complete character. But if your fursona was designed with a fursuit in mind, then I'd say yes, your suit would make the 'sona more complete.

(:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 12:51:32 pm »
Being on the tall side (over 6 ft) I don't feel a rabbit costume would end up looking the
way I would like. Now if I was on the short side, say around 5 ft or less
I would seriously consider having one.

Most I have seen are only a head with a baggy jumpsuit. A short version could be padded out
to give the costume a cuter body shape. Taller would need much more bulk to have the same
effect.

I have thought about going with a head, neck cover, arm cover with paws, tail, and feet. Then wear
clothes to to cover the rest so to give a clothed anthropomorphic rabbit setup.

Just never got around to it.  :P

oldrabbit.com

Offline Literate Lycan

• Species: Gothic grey wolf
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 04:15:31 am »
My first, and still primary, fursona is Varek-Wolf. I've commissioned a fursuit for him, but don't expect it to be completed until next year.

In the meantime, I've acquired a partial fursuit, which I purchased at auction. This suit, a blue fox character named Dexter, didn't have a fursona until after I won the auction. Only after I started wearing him did his fursona really develop. I add a little more to his character each time I'm in suit. He's become a more outgoing, off-the-wall version of myself at a much younger age (mid-20s). So in this case the fursuit came first, then the fursona.

A few weeks ago I purchased a second partial fursuit on auction, a black wolf with a scarred face, a missing eye, and a notched ear. Again, there wasn't a fursona until I saw a picture of this wolf. Almost immediately his character concept developed: a wolf who's been through a rough time in life and is hoping to settle down and enjoy a quiet life for a change--only to find himself surrounded by all these other fur creatures who are determined to make his life less sedate and more interesting than he ever bargained. His fursona is something of a mirror of my own story over the past few years. He's reserved and less outgoing, but is slowly being drawn back into an active and fun life.

Neither of these fursonas would have existed if I had not acquired the fursuits. But once I got Dexter and began creating his personality, his fursona became a fully-realized character. I expect that the same will be true of the wolf fursuit.
"All stories are about wolves..." -- Margaret Atwood, "Blind Assassin"

Avatar by Blitzy Arts : www.blitzy-arts.weebly.com

FA: www.furaffinity.net/user/varek-wolf
Twitter: @VarekWolf

Furry code: FCWh3a A- C D H+ M- P- R+ T W Z Sm- RLGP a+++ cm+ e+++ f h++++ i+ j p+

Offline Taivana

• Species: Coyote
  • Female
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 01:14:29 pm »
I don't think I'm ever getting a fursuit of my sona, simply because I've built up her character so much in my head that I don't think a suit would ever do her justice (if that makes any sense.) I have some other characters who I plan on having fursuits of in the future since I like the idea of fursuiting and their characters would be fun to act out, but not my sona since she is literally the animal representation of me.
Awoo