Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts [1.5+2.5]  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Rainy

• Species: Rabbit
  • Looking for more than dreams.
  • Male
Kingdom Hearts [1.5+2.5]
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:05:36 pm »
So Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 came out this week! Yay :D
It's by far one of my favorite games and everytime I play the original I love evey moment of it. :)

The new RE-RE HD Release is amazing and includes 4 games and 2 movies!(Amazing deal imo wothout being biased :P)

What are your thoughts on the Kingdom Hearts franchise as it nears it's IIIrd game? Which was your favorite game and moment? What was your first? Blah-blah etc. etcetera.  Let's talk about it  :3
No matter how bad the storm is, there's always a rainbow at the end.

Offline Shim

• Male
Re: Kingdom Hearts [1.5+2.5]
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 01:14:28 pm »
I'm a big fan. I think mechanically, Birth By Sleep is the best game in the series by far. I have the most fond memories of 1 and 2 though.

I'm excited about 3 but I don't own a PS4 on account of having built a really high-end PC last year. I'm still holding out for the FFXV release and I just bought Persona 5 for Ps3 yesterday.

I also think Dream Drop Distance was a lot better than people generally thought and that flow-motion was a super interesting mechanic. On the other hand, it completely trivialized the platforming so I hope it doesn't come back for 3.

Offline Rainy

• Male
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 09:03:07 pm »
I found Dream Drop Distance to be an improvment over Birth By Sleep (I hated the synthing skills so much) but I did think the multistory line and the main mechanics were brilliant too. It made it so much more interesting. I will admit the flomotion of DDD was really different for KH, I'm confident it wont be in any other game considering they did similar mechanic tests with the other 'between installments'. (CoM being my favorite of those)

I hope they bring back the conseqence of multi-choices like in KHI. It annoyed me so much when the choices in KHII didn't affect anything. :'(

Offline Kitty1234

• Species: Kitten
  • Living how I wanna live :3
  • Female
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2017, 12:03:59 am »
Gonna sound cliche but my favorite kingdom Hearts game is Kingdom hearts 1!

It just felt a lot more serious than the other Kingdom Hearts games, not that a silly undertone isn't okay but, I live for that drama. <3 :3

Offline Rainy

• Male
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:07:08 pm »
Gonna sound cliche but my favorite kingdom Hearts game is Kingdom hearts 1!

It just felt a lot more serious than the other Kingdom Hearts games, not that a silly undertone isn't okay but, I live for that drama. <3 :3

Kingdom Hearts II was a lot more serious in my opinion. I agree though, the first Kingdom Hearts had a great balance of serious and light heartedness. :)
After all these years the first KH is still my favorite.

Offline Furenzied

• Species: Husky/Border Collie
  • kitty ♥ :3
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 10:47:40 pm »
I think KH2 really improved on the controls, loved that, always had a hard time with it for some reason.

Anyway, I like all the extra bits they added since the originals, extra bosses, more areas, some things like that are always nice to add. Gives you something to shoot for.

I remember in KH2 that I really wanted to 100% the game, one of the only games I really wanted to try that with. So there I was over 40 hours of solid gameplay, checked the lists of things that needed doing, and found out I missed only a single treasure...in the start of the game you can't go back to...soooo miffed at myself for doing that >.<
Mate of WereCat

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 10:47:19 pm »
Birth By Sleep was mechanically the best game in the series. It also probably had the second best story after 358/2.