Author Topic: A new challenger approaches... again?  (Read 1881 times)

Offline Der Meister

• Male
A new challenger approaches... again?
« on: July 06, 2017, 01:16:31 pm »
Hello everyone!

My name is Der Meister! I was on these forums a couple years back, but then I went on a 2-year unannounced break from internet.
But I'm back now.

My primary fursona, Venzel R. Greennova, is a mink. He has not been drawn well yet, so my profile pic (currently) is my secondary, Doctor Lugubrious. He is a snowy owl.

I love furry art, but haven't gone to any conventions or anything like that yet.

Um.... what else? I'm not very used to forums and I'd love to get involved with the community here, but don't really know how to start or how forums work in general.

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: A new challenger approaches... again?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 01:28:08 pm »
Um.... what else? I'm not very used to forums and I'd love to get involved with the community here, but don't really know how to start or how forums work in general.

This will help.
http://forums.furtopia.org/help/

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 10:30:33 am »
Hi Der Meister, welcome to Furtopia! Kobuk is on the right track, and here is an MPOD!

Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:

Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:03:15 am »
Welcome to furtopia    Der Meister.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Der Meister

• Male
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 11:25:13 am »
Well thanks for all the info!

*eats chocolate chip cookie of welcome*

now... Where was I?

oh, yes.

I found this forum because Google. I wanted to get on a furry forum.

I've been a furry since about 2013/2014, when I found the fandom.

My current profile pic is one I drew of Doctor Lugubrious, who's less of a fursona and more of a character that I made. My real fursona is a mink named Venzel. I'll probably draw him AR some point.

What interests me about the fandom?
well, here's the rough sketch of how I found it and maybe that will answer that question. I always played Super Smash Bros and LOVED it ( still one of my favorite games) and for some reason the characters of Fox and Lucario allays appealed to me aesthetically-- much more than any human character.
I'm not really sure why.
Long story short, I found out about the furry fandom through TVtropes (of all things) and spent a lot of Tim looking through furry art on google before getting into furry sites.
So basically I think anthropomorphic animals just look so cool-- they appeal to me way more than anything else.

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 01:55:44 pm »
Ah, a Super Smash Bros. fan, huh? Well, glad to have you here! I hope you'll feel 0% at home here. (:

Offline Subzerus

• Species: Anthro lizard
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2017, 01:36:06 pm »
Welcome back!
Profile picture by Javatan.
http://javatan.deviantart.com/