Author Topic: I’m New.  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Ryker

• Species: Lynx
I’m New.
« on: March 07, 2018, 01:35:47 am »
Hello my name is Ryker. You can call me that or Ry for short. I’m new to the site and to the furry fandom in general. I’m not really sure what else to do, so I’ll just leave it at hello

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
Re: I’m New.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 05:37:14 pm »
Hi Ryker! Don't worry, we were all new at some point. Um, most furs look to make a fursona after joining the fandom or already have one. Maybe that's a place where you could start?

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 09:36:38 pm »
Hello and Welcome! :)

Introductions can be difficult, and so we have a handy-dandy, standard issue Mod Post of Doom Watcher's Welcome to help!
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the gold-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

To answer some of these myself:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
I stumbled on Furtopia back in... a really long time ago. I found it after discovering the furry fandom via therianthropy, and stuck around because this place (Furry fandom and Furtopia) is awesome 8) I would consider myself a fan of anthropomorphic characters since early childhood, though I didn't learn about the fandom until I was in my late teens. I love the creativity and open-ness of it all. It feels like home.

That's a little about me, anyway. Welcome again! :)

My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ryker

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:05 am »
I have always been interested in anthropomorphic stuff since I was little my favorite movies and shows almost always included talking/walking animals and I haven’t really changed that much. As I got older I started playing dungeons and dragons I always was drawn to playing anthropomorphic characters (the Tabaxi being by favorite). I had often seen pictures of people in their fur suits floating around places like IFunny often with negative comments attached to them so for a long time I was scared to be a member of the fandom and what kind of negative reaction would come from it. and then I realized that I was being stupid and started looking around online and saw this forum and thought I’d give it a go.

As for a fursona I am a lynx with the name Ryker.

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 12:14:52 pm »
Welcome to furtopia Ryker.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome. "

Old Rabbit :orbunny:
oldrabbit.com

Offline Ryker

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 01:10:54 pm »
*sniffs cookies* smells great. Thanks!

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 11:14:14 pm »
Hi Ryker! *hugs*
I'm glad you could make it here!  The people here have been very nice to me since I joined not that long ago.  I bet that you will find the same thing too.  It a nice community.
I used to think that I was alone in my thoughts until I learned of furry later in my life.  Better late than never I guess. 
So, as a lynx do you prefer cooler weather? I know that I do!
The fandom is a  great place to be creative or just enjoy the works of others.  For me it can be a break from reality.  It's also a good place to make friends and just chat.

Well, stick around and I bet you will have fun!
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Ryker

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 03:53:04 pm »
Yes I was born and raised in a cold environment but lately I have been in a warm place and I often missed the cold.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2018, 01:14:48 am »
Hi Ryker, welcome to Furtopia!  (:
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such