Author Topic: Lemme be quite Lisa Frank with you all - I'm new(ish!)  (Read 2075 times)

Offline RainbowPanther

• Species: Cybernetic Rainbow Panther running WindowsME
  • Male
Lemme be quite Lisa Frank with you all - I'm new(ish!)
« on: April 11, 2018, 05:10:19 pm »
Hey everyone! Well, what to say? I used to frequent these forums back in the days of old! (Think dialup. Yup. That old.)

I've missed this place so much, but alas life (and a crap ton of relationship drama that I will spare you all) kept me from it. Now that I'm out of that bad place, I'm back here, and looking to make new friends (and possibly be reunited with some old ones, too!)

Name: RainbowPanther
Fursona: Cybernetic Panther with spots that change colors
Hobbies: Art, gaming and making fursuits. I used to use the mesh method by SportyFox as well as foam, but since leaving my ex I no longer have the pictures of the tutorial. (Though, from memory I should be able to reconstruct it by the writing alone.)

I live in my partner's basement, accompanied by my two pet mice and his two cats. I plan on getting a German Shepherd sometime this year, too! :D

Any questions, feel free to ask. And, if you get the reference, we're insta-friends. :D

Offline Loc

• Tea-obsessed transhumanist and Buddhist.
  • Species: Cyborg snow leopard
  • The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
Re: Lemme be quite Lisa Frank with you all - I'm new(ish!)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 05:22:24 pm »
We've already met on the IRC, but welcome to Furtopia. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Time for your welcome mail:

Quote from:  MPoD
Here are some introductory questions you can answer if you like:
Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community?
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it?
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom?

Hope you enjoy your stay! Be prepared for an onslaught of warm welcoming hugs and pounces from fellow members! If you don't want the hugs, just let us know and your wish will be respected! Click on any of the blue-colored links above or below for further information. ;)

We also have an IRC chatroom you may want to join. Just enter your fursona name and start chatting! If you need help on accessing the Furtopia IRC, please see this thread here: How to use an IRC client

Please take the time to read the Furtopia Forum Posting Rules. This is a PG rated “family friendly” forum. Please also take the time to post your topics in the most appropriate section - it will be greatly appreciated by all. If you have a question or problem, or if you need help with anything on the Furtopia forums, then feel free to contact an Administrator or Moderator via PM (Private Message) or use the Report to Moderator button found in every post. Please let the Admins and Mods handle any problems that arise. :)

0.1.0 Alaskan Malamute, Kimba
0.0.1 amel stripe corn snake, Vivec
RIP Dany, Gelbstoff

FFSc3ar A+ C D- H- M P+ R++ T++ W Z- Sf# RLS* a cn+ d+ e++ f h+++ i++ j+ p+++ sf#

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:26:59 pm »
I think my brain is on fire trying to figure out who you were. Welcome back! I'm glad things have turned for the better. Let's hope they stay that way.

I keep hoping SportyFox pokes his nose back in here, but alas life seems to keep him too busy. A tutorial would be welcome!

Spoiler: show

I used to have a folder in elementary school with an Orca on it. I loved it until I realized I was the only boy with any school supply that was that flashy. I always wondered how they made those colors....

Edited: Welcome sniped by Loc: the fastest MPOD this side of the equator...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:28:58 pm by Varg the wanderer »
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline RainbowPanther

• Male
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:42 pm »
Thanks y'all! And yup, Loc, we met through IRC earlier!  :D

Varg - I used to go by kuroookamitsume - I apologize if any of you encountered me during my angsty teen days.

Mind telling us how you happened upon our friendly community? - Was here way back when! :D
How long have you been a furry / known about the fandom? - Oh my gosh, YEARS. Like, 15ish?
Do you have a fursona? If so, what is it? - Cybernetic rainbow panther
What interests you about the anthropomorphic (furry) fandom? - I've always been drawn to it, to be honest! My ex really put a damper on me being a part of the fandom, so I stepped away for a while, but I'm back! :D

And yeah, I hope Sportyfox comes back. I may go through his tutorial again and do pictures as I do it, and when I branch off, explain how and why.

And Varg - no worries! Lisa Frank was one of my big inspirations for art back in the day! TEAM FORREST FOREVER!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 05:37:22 pm by RainbowPanther »

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 05:39:48 pm »

Varg - I used to go by kuroookamitsume - I apologize if any of you encountered me during my angsty teen days.

You were the Sox! Skunk-fox! Hah!  (:

Have you made anything for your panther 'sona yet? LED spots would be pretty cool.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline RainbowPanther

• Male
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 05:45:43 pm »
Actually, not yet! When I moved back to my home state, I literally came with the clothes on my back and my two mice.

Since I moved into my partner's basement, I now have a work area I can utilize to make fursuit stuff. Him and I are both really into techie stuff, and he said making LED spots with sound-reactive color shifts shouldn't be too difficult. Planning on a new build in the near future which will hopefully include two fans in the head, MAYBE some speakers in the ears - all linked to a raspberry pi with a preloaded playlist, possibly located somewhere near the base of the tail.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 07:46:35 pm »
Hi RainbowPanther!

I think that the LED idea sounds pretty cool.  I was going to say "rad" but I don't know if people say that anymore... :-[

I just finished a design of Super Bright LEDS that color shift and pulse to music.  Was fun, and it should be even cooler on a suit! Use a microphone and during a dance it should react to the music in the room too...

What about EL wire?   8)

Hope you have fun here and see you around!  :)
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline RainbowPanther

• Male
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2018, 07:55:27 pm »
Hi RainbowPanther!

I think that the LED idea sounds pretty cool.  I was going to say "rad" but I don't know if people say that anymore... :-[

I just finished a design of Super Bright LEDS that color shift and pulse to music.  Was fun, and it should be even cooler on a suit! Use a microphone and during a dance it should react to the music in the room too...

What about EL wire?   8)

Hope you have fun here and see you around!  :)

That's amazing! And, I still say Groovy, so heh. :D

I've only really done three suits, one was a full, the other two halfs.

The only issue I can see would be making the led's bright enough to show through the black fur.

I'm currently talking to my partner about a cosplay he wants to do (Sans from UT) and suggested the EL wire. Needless to say we're now on a Google hunt to find stuff lol.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2018, 08:46:24 pm »
I wish I had the skills to craft a full suit, or even a partial.  I only made some basic hand paws with a zip up sleeve near the thumb with a hidden zipper  and it's too hard for me.

I have wished to be a German Shepard or wolf since a very young age... I envy the ability!

I have thought of doing a post on techie fur type things, I have a few ideas, and if your partner and you have time you could make your ideas and maybe mabe one of mine too and post them?  I fear my time may be limited to make things unless I deliberately change jobs...maybe I will just do that...

And yeah groovy is certainly still a word!   :goldhowl:

Check out sparkfun...  just saying, and digikey....of course

Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 12:56:57 pm »
Welcome to furtopia RainbowPanther.

Hope you have a nice stay.

"Tosses you a chocolate chip cookie of welcome."

Yep I remember the dial up days. I first got on
the internet in 1996 using long distance
connections.

Old Rabbit :orbunny:

oldrabbit.com

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »
Welcome to Furtopia and enjoy your stay. :)

I used to frequent these forums back in the days of old! (Think dialup. Yup. That old.)

I don't seem to remember you. What was your old fursona/member name?

accompanied by my two pet mice and his two cats.

Oh, that must be interesting.  :o  Cats and mice........living together?

And yeah, I hope Sportyfox comes back. I may go through his tutorial again and do pictures as I do it, and when I branch off, explain how and why.

There's probably a 99.99% chance he won't be back. I miss him as well. But as Kada-Ru always used to say in the past, real life takes precedent first. ;) As for his mesh head tutorial that he used to have long, long ago, there is no chance of saving that as the tutorial is broken with a lot of dead links and pictures. When Furtopia used to have free web hosting for people's various furry arts long ago, Sporty had a bunch of his pics on his hosted site. But when hosting got canceled by WS long ago, anything hosted is now dead.
I rarely see anybody make plastic canvas mesh heads anymore for fursuits. Most fursuiters and fursuit makers tend to use balaclavas and foam nowadays.

If you decide to try EL wire for anything, here's a website I bought from a few years ago that you could look at.

www.thatscoolwire.com
I used EL wire briefly when building a model kit a few years ago.

Offline RainbowPanther

• Male
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 07:23:40 pm »
OLD RABBIT! KOBUK! Ahhhh I remember you two! I used to go by Kuroookamitsume a loooooong time ago! I missed y'all!

Offline Michen_S

• Species: Ghost cat
  • A wild MICHEN appeared!
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 05:18:29 am »
Yo, bro. Nice to meet you! I'm a little crazy, but if you can live with that you're welcome back.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 09:57:09 pm »
Welcome back to Furtopia! Hope to see you around the forum!  8)
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such