Author Topic: Walmart selling furstuit heads????  (Read 14217 times)

Offline Kay Alett

• Species: Gryphon
  • part-time hobbyist
  • Female
    • Only The Strong: Wanderers
Re: Walmart selling furstuit heads????
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2018, 01:53:20 am »
Walmart was selling these dino masks with hinged jaws. I bought a couple because my head is small enough for them.

check them out in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvZ2rrO2EKQ

And now I'm trying to modify them to be a little more interesting. It's kind of hush hush atm.
Semi-Retired from Furry.
 - - - -
Come bitter Rain,
And wash from my Heart
That saddest of all Words: Home

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2018, 04:04:11 pm »
Had a brief discussion on Maskimals at a recent furmeet. It was discovered that most of the masks in the bin at one local Walmart had been worn by someone. Inside could be found traces of makeup. Was in a Super Walmart last week and saw a shopper wearing a Rugrats-themed Maskimal. They're getting fancier and the price is up to $24.95 now. New additions include Minions, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and Scooby Doo.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 01:12:02 am »
Recently discovered that one store has these on clearance for just under $20. HA! Most of them were $19.99 before copyrighted cartoon characters were added. We noted a tiger Maskimal in the bins. A brown pony type was added to the line and it is MLP-style. Still no generic canine types though.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 02:06:59 pm »
Every time I walk by the bin, I am SO about to yank out the kitty cat one, go over to the changing rooms where the kigurumis are, match a cat one with the mask , change into it all, and start going bonkers around the store while shopping....

Was thinking of going over to the stereo section, cranking up some hip-hop or connecting Bluetooth and blasting some EDM, while freaking out as a sheep...and bleating at every bass drop.

If it weren't for the fact society may judge me a little harshly for age, I would have done just that. 
Heck, maybe I will anyway!  (got to get something)

Also,
Once there was a young teen toying around with some, I could see the thoughts going through their head, "shall I or shan't I?", "gadzooks what would people think?"  "The desire is burning inside me to , but.." (yeah, I suppose the teen was thinking in that way, NOT!)

I was finding myself about to say "Hey, you kid there!  Yeah the one with the crazy mask on. No not you, the one looking like a bangal tiger!.  Yeah you!  There are these cool people called furies who can tell you how to make a real knock out maskimal called a fursuit!" "Just need some thread, foam, hot glue, ..."

But, I just smiled a knowing smile, and walked away to get some motor oil. I thought that it was a little more subtle, and probably was less problematic for all of us.

:goldhowl:

Maskimals, the gateway-drug to Furry.

:) (:

I need sooo much watching these days.
(Who's on deck these days?)
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2018, 09:55:27 pm »
We have also seen similar behaviors regarding the product in our neck of the woods. We have also pondered the possibility of selecting one of the Maskimals for temporary use as a grocery basket.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2018, 11:56:09 pm »
In my local store, I think I saw one that was supposed to be a grey fox or a husky.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2018, 01:13:19 am »
One of the stores here had them marked down to $15. There was Lamb, Goat, Pony, Pug, Eagle and Wolf Maskimals added to the mix. Almost sprang for one. Wolf/Husky had cat-like eyes though.

There was also a fox over-the-head mask with moving jaw for about the same price in another aisle. The wearer could see through the tear ducts. About the same quality as the $60 models sold through the seasonal Halloween stores IMHO.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 01:18:41 am by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2018, 01:04:55 pm »
Rocket,
Yes, I noticed the eyes had the wrong pupil for that one mask. But it still had a useful effect.  Unless you are like us, and know what it should be like...

--Maskimal Case File #6 - 7/8

Last night, I was back at the store getting supplies (*sigh* again), and there was a young boy in front of me  in the checkout line.  He had the unicorn maskimal.  His mom was not at all okay with it.  She kept talking about how he will be made fun of, that unicorns and such were feminine etc, that people will call him gay...

I normally stay very clear of peoples business.  But something in me made me speak out.  I said that Unicorns , being mythical creatures, are purely a product of the imagination, and that gender didn't have to factor in.  I said that they were basically genderless creatures (not sure if I was making that up).  I then found myself telling the child that he can make a back-story about his character, and act it out, when appropriate so to do.

In the end of the conversation with him and his mom, we were talking about using Faux Fur from Joanns Fabrics and how to make a DTD, that he would need at least horse hooves in place of hands, and a tail.  That way he could get the "rest" of the costume made on short notice.  I realize now, that they really don't have enough time to get it done before Halloween.

It made the boy happy to realize that others were supportive of his desire to be himself.  He just wanted to have fun.  And who knows, in a few years, the maskimal, and whatever else, maybe set aside anyway.  After that discussion, he could be heard jumping up and shouting, "1-2-3, Unicorn Power!"    :D

I remember a time for myself, I wanted to be a Fox or a Wolf.  Like a REAL one. I often would howl like a wolf when I wanted to.  It made me happy, more than people realize. 

I am glad times have changed enough that some kids can do just that. :)

But in a sort of greedy way, I also want Furry to remain a sub-culture, because it is special to me, and I don't know what might happen to it if it was truly mainstream everywhere.  So I am almost afraid of Maskimals and other things ?marginalizing? Furry. 

I guess if the wearer of a maskimal is a furry at heart, then the conflict in my mind is resolved.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2018, 09:01:47 pm »
The Maskimals went on clearance immediately after Halloween. Initially marked down to $7.50, now under $5. Learned that Walgreens had similar masks. Maybe my cat can use the lamb as a hideout.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Movian

• Species: Dragon
  • Male
    • Movian's site
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2018, 07:21:02 am »
after a quick call to my 2 local walmarts they were out of stock.

However I did find them on Amazon for $12.90

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076QJB4JZ/ref=twister_B07CB7XK45?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Just ordered one, to see if I can do anything with it! :)

After searching a little more, the walmart site also has wolf maskimals for $6.25

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Maskimals-Oversized-Plush-Halloween-Mask-Wolf/123629618

~Edit~

It arrived and its, surprisingly descent for the price,  I need to adjust the whole thing to work with my glasses (I may dis assemble an old pair and mount lenses permanently as part of the head),

It's comfy, and the jaw works well....

Will need to start planning how to go about adjusting it to the rest of my needs,  now I need to figure out if I need to buy 1 or 2 more for spares hehe

if anyone wants specific pics or info let me know!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 02:35:31 pm by Movian »

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2018, 07:56:50 pm »
Thought the cat might like one as a nap nook, but not so much.

It's a shock they haven't produced any holiday themed Maskimals.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2019, 12:41:19 am »
Maskimals are back at Wamart--somewhat. White Bunny in with Easter-theme items.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline FarFar

• Species: Anthro Canine / Corgi
  • Male
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2019, 08:22:22 am »
Maskimals are back at Wamart--somewhat. White Bunny in with Easter-theme items.

I saw a grey bunny at one WM.
I took the red pill...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2019, 10:15:18 pm »
Have yet to see any new products of this line. Perhaps as Summer winds down.
(Baps the old humorist.)