Author Topic: Faded Furs  (Read 21112 times)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
Faded Furs
« on: October 15, 2016, 01:13:27 pm »
What fursuiters or furry performer/artist/puppeteer have you followed for quite some time, but has either left the fandom, passed on, or has simply gone "dark"? I have a few examples:

Roxikat--the big pink she-male cat person of AC fame

Foxwell--Raccoon/fox hybrid fursuit

Foxerz --tuba-playing fox fursuit
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
Re: Faded Furs
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 02:18:43 pm »
Unfortunately the ones I follow were "dark" already when I found them.

I only know of one clean artist, Old Rabbit.

All the others.... Not so clean. :(
Every now and then...

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 11:35:04 pm »
Oki Doki Coyote was active at Oklakon and TFF for several years, then gave up fursuiting.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 07:05:11 pm »
There were a lot of good artists I used to enjoy seeing on Furtopia that I now miss. Names like:
Patrick Rangerwolf
Ulario
Hockeyraven
Autumn Fire
Sheeta
Kattywampus
.........and too many others to list. :(

Offline Nyro

• Species: Wolverine
  • Knock knock it's Nyro
  • Male
    • FurAffinity
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 02:01:10 am »
I remember I watched a couple artists on FurAffinity that drew really cute, clean furry art. But then they started posting weird fetish stuff and taking NSFW commissions. Since I really don't like fetish or NSFW art, this was really disappointing to me.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 10:03:25 pm »
I enjoyed seeing the Summer Vixen fursuit in skits posted on YouTube from Further Confusion such as The Fursuit Spam Skit and Last Will & Temperament. A pleasant looking vixen character without the exaggerated features one often finds on femme suits piloted by dudes. 2009 was her last appearance IIRC.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:17:48 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2016, 11:33:03 pm »
The guy who wrote the Winds of Change stories, Jon Sleeper. He has an email address, but I haven't had the chance to try to contact him. He's pretty much inactive, and never finished Winds of Change, which is a shame. It's a beautiful story. Now he only works through a mailing list he started, and a separate wiki site. But besides that he's completely dropped out of the fandom AFAIK.

Offline Shim

• Male
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 01:17:00 pm »
There were a lot of good artists I used to enjoy seeing on Furtopia that I now miss. Names like:
Patrick Rangerwolf
Ulario
Hockeyraven
Autumn Fire
Sheeta
Kattywampus
.........and too many others to list. :(

Early on, Sheeta and I realized we actually live nearby each other and we'd infrequently seen each other even before we met here because she was one of the managers at the comic book shop I would go to. She just recently left that job to focus on her art, but she almost always has a booth at MFF :)

We're also friends on facebook.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 11:50:54 pm »
My chief go-to fursuit maker--Silverluna Timberwolf--left the fandom about two years ago. She had gone through a life-changing event and just became burned out. She sold all of her fursuit-making supplies but follows me on FB. I will have to maintain my suits as best as I can. Already had to replace a set of springs in my main fursuit headpiece. :o.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 02:23:57 pm »
Looks like Foxwell was in the Doo-Dah Parade this year.

Calamity Cougar is still active in the fandom, but may have hung up his fursuit for good.

(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Sadiki

• Species: lion!
    • FA
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 01:48:06 am »
every now and then, certain names or fursuits that I remember from the past come into my mind and I wonder whatever happened to those people. maybe some of them are still around and I just don't hear about them, and maybe some have actually left the fandom altogether. here's a few that come to mind at the moment ---

Rose Quoll
Jax the Bat
Radjin
Far Raptor
Silver Linz (she recently posted a new fursuit on twitter but I always wondered why she stopped taking commissions and appeared to become distant from the fandom)

I know there's a lot more, but that's all that comes to mind at the moment

Offline Avan

• Species: Azemdyn Sabertooth Hyena
    • Our FA
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 12:02:51 pm »
>.>; *probably qualifies as someone who has faded*

Not any less interested in the fandom, just busy with games and RL. And stress from things IRL
We are Dissociated Identities.

Avatar is of Avan-Syr (Saberyeen)
Old links to art sites we need to update:
Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/~avankaira
My FA page: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/avanwolf/

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/avan_wolf/

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 01:16:22 pm »

Rose Quoll

^ The last thing that I remember from years ago was that she may have gotten into some sort of legal trouble regarding her fursuit making business and had to close it down. Not sure though.

Far Raptor

^ He might still go by that name. But I think his new name (or that of one of his fursuit characters) is called Far Outthere. Last I heard of him, he got married, has a daughter now, and is helping Beetlecat with her fursuit making business. Probably still works in oceanography too.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2016, 01:44:16 am »
Far Raptor is one name I haven't heard of in a while.

The duo of Blotch has separated and since then I haven't seen a whole lot of BlackTeagan's work...her comic Oren's Forge is delayed by a month. Kenket posts regularly on FA. I miss their collaborations and I wonder what happened?

Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Old Rabbit

• Species: Rabbit Artist
  • Birthday wisher.
  • Male
    • Art by Oldrabbit
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2017, 11:53:18 am »

Unfortunately the ones I follow were "dark" already when I found them.

I only know of one clean artist, Old Rabbit.

All the others.... Not so clean. :(

Thanks for the nice comment.  I have always frelt there is enough adult
art online without me adding more..

We have had many good/excellent artists on furtopia. Unfortuantly many post
their work elsewhere any more. Those that Kobuk mentioned are most of those
I remember. I imagine some have moved into careers doing commerical art.
Getting a job as an animator or comic artist is extreemly competitive. Big
studios like Disney require college degrees in art. Even then it's difficult to
get accepted.

oldrabbit.com

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2017, 12:21:58 am »
The dudes who ran our local furry forum got married in NV and left the fandom about two years ago.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2017, 09:39:03 pm »
Lucky and Skuff Coyote (Don't Hug Cacti Studios) haven't been too active since they were GOH at MCFC 2015. Though a video may have been posted on their YouTube channel a few months ago. Lucky's FA page has been inactive for almost two years. Met Lucky at GLFC 2014 and had her draw in my sketch book. In addition to building fursuits, she was a clean artist. Ever so charming, she introduced me to Skuff as "My Other Boyfriend".  :-[

Yippee Coyote said he was working on a new version of his character, but that was over two years ago. He has other fursuits, including an otter and a GSD, but has posted nothing on FA in a few years. Also a clean artist.

Lemonade Coyote was a fan of mine and I may have met him at FCN. He was killed when his ambulance was struck by another vehicle several years ago. His fursuit may still be making the rounds though.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2017, 06:35:46 pm »
Rapid T. Rabbit passed away earier this year. We were about the same age.

The Funday Pawpet Show has finally closed up shop.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Varg the wanderer

• Species: Maligator/Tervuren
  • Furtopia cannot be held down!
  • Male
    • My writings and leatherwork at SoFurry!
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2017, 06:40:23 pm »
Lucky and Skuff Coyote (Don't Hug Cacti Studios) haven't been too active since they were GOH at MCFC 2015. Though a video may have been posted on their YouTube channel a few months ago. Lucky's FA page has been inactive for almost two years. Met Lucky at GLFC 2014 and had her draw in my sketch book. In addition to building fursuits, she was a clean artist. Ever so charming, she introduced me to Skuff as "My Other Boyfriend".  :-[

I seem to recall Lucky being at MFF in 2015, so they made it another few months unless I'm remembering someone else.
My writings and other stuff: https://varg-stigandr.sofurry.com/

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by." - Douglas Adams

"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2017, 09:15:32 pm »
Rapid T. Rabbit passed away earier this year. We were about the same age.

The Funday Pawpet Show has finally closed up shop.

:'(   :goldhowl:

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 06:07:26 pm »
Hodari, a cartoony male African Lion last appeared in the very funny skit "Lion King of The Hill" at TFF a few years ago in the Hank Hill role. He was one of my first watchers on FA, but appears to be inactive.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 11:29:51 pm »
Destinii The Cupcake Husky had attended at least one AC and had an active FA account. A pink & white husky fursuit. Left the Fandom about two years ago.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 03:38:57 pm by Rocket T. Coyote »
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 03:47:10 pm »
Just looked up Skye La Lux/Imaginary Skye to discover that he has disabled his FA account. Skye is a grey fox partial fursuit character who resides in St. Marys, PA. He is pals with Sozan Ryker and was a regular on the DifFuRently Channel on YouTube. His funniest YouTube video IMHO is the Strange Addictions parody in which he speaks of his addiction to glitter.

The fursuiter formerly known as Camo Rovak has closed his YouTube channel. He was the force behind the Rick's Big Adventure series.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2018, 01:57:22 am »
Just looked up Skye La Lux/Imaginary Skye to discover that he has disabled his FA account. Skye is a grey fox partial fursuit character who resides in St. Marys, PA. He is pals with Sozan Ryker and was a regular on the DifFuRently Channel on YouTube. His funniest YouTube video IMHO is the Strange Addictions parody in which he speaks of his addiction to glitter.

The fursuiter formerly known as Camo Rovak has closed his YouTube channel. He was the force behind the Rick's Big Adventure series.

That's a shame--I really enjoyed the content of DifFuRently and CamoRovak! :/
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 11:52:22 pm »
Pretty Kitty/The Empty Shadow.
Chanced upon a standup comic act by this fursuiter who hails from Alberta, Canada. However, his FA account hasn't updated in over two years.
(Baps the old humorist.)