community group sub-forums > foodie furs

Last thing you cooked

(1/8) > >>

Hans the husky:
Write the last thing you cooked and your personal critiqe. I'll start. For dinner I made a cheese souffle with whole eggs, mushroons, chives, and garlic. I used copious amounts of butter in the proccess but as they say: butter makes it better. Anyways, I wouldv'e liked a bit more cheese and it was a bit undersalted. I'm trying to work on using the right amount of salt as I have a tendency to undersalt.

Jade Sinapu:
 Well I can't say I made anything so nice as that Hans.

I cooked  a few thin cut pork chops.  Started out with some oil and water with salt.  Let water boil down (lowest setting) while I made something else.  Water boiled out gently leaving oil.  Oil finished cooking chops. Browned on both sides.  Oil drained.  Skillet deglazed with a little water. Juice poured on chops.
Easy.
All that time I was boiling water for my mac-n cheese.  :-[

Apple sauce seasoned with splenda and cinnamon.
I am not the best cook.

cause the rat:
Baked chicken thighs. I keep the seasoning light because I use these to make quick dishes. The last one was chopped up chicken in noodles with olive oil and mozzarella cheese.

Hans the husky:
Fried rice

Kobuk:
I'll fix a box of Hamburger Helper Cheesy Enchilada mix tonight for dinner. But I usually like to spice it up a bit with a 14 oz. can of diced tomatoes and 1 cup of diced mixed red & green pepper, onion, and celery. And when all done cooked, then top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese. I usually make it with ground beef. But maybe tonight I might switch to diced chicken. I'm not sure yet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version