Author Topic: Bad Furry habits  (Read 77810 times)

Offline Keitsu

• Species: Wolf
  • I'm a Disney wolf :P
  • Male
Re: Bad Furry habits
« Reply #425 on: October 22, 2014, 12:39:57 am »
One thing I've noticed that I do lately that charcoal mentioned is chewing on headphone cables (It's more like just holding it in my mouth. I don't really apply much pressure). I've been doing it so much lately XD guess it's a stress reliever  XD Should probably find some gum to chew on though. :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 12:42:46 am by Sciex »

Offline the lone shadow wolf

• Species: eurasion wolf with a little silver fox
  • dont mind me just telecomuting from the darkness
  • Male
« Reply #426 on: October 22, 2014, 02:18:48 am »
walking everywere without shoes

being so sneaky (its scary)

bein spooked by a vacuum cleaner :-[
I will see you all soon
in the future :goldgrin:

if you wish to find me elsewere look here
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/theloneshadowwolf/

check out my latest art here V
http://forums.furtopia.org/artwork-techniques-tutorials/the-lone-shadow-wolf-will-improve!/50/

Offline Maky

• Species: coquerel's sifaka (lemur)
« Reply #427 on: December 26, 2014, 01:41:27 pm »
I scratch my ears like a dog and when i don't like something (only little things nothing big and only do it when i am with particular people) i quietly screech sifaka (this is what my lemur does when ot spots danger ) i don't do it ofte. I also when i get exited i move around a lot witv excitement. I love to cuddle and bunch in blankets.

Offline Oktek

• Species: Domestic cat
  • Male
« Reply #428 on: April 08, 2015, 04:11:58 am »
I hiss when I'm angry or don't like something. At the beginning I was doing it sporadically but now it happens more often. (*furryfication continues* (:) I sometimes get strange looks due to this...
HAKUNA MATATA!

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #429 on: April 08, 2015, 10:40:38 am »
When some of my friends try to take something from me I growl :P. I have a great group of friends that know I'm a furry, and understand the true meaning of being a furry, so I'm pretty happy and they don't mind it.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline GrayWolf448

• Species: Gray Folf
  • Male
« Reply #430 on: April 09, 2015, 03:05:55 am »
if something is soft i tend to start to roll around on it and look ridiculous while doing so (and i have a hard time trying to control my self) the good thing tho is that i am able to refrain from doing it in non-private areas.

(havent had much testing since not that many things around me are soft so im not sure if its that much of a habit)

Offline Timberwuff

• Species: Grey Timberwolf
  • Just your everyday wolf
  • Male
    • BitzaWolf.com
« Reply #431 on: April 09, 2015, 01:41:12 pm »
I have a problem sniffing things, especially when I'm nervous/anxious. It's pretty rare that I do sniff something odd, but once a customer handed me their debit card to pay for something, and since I was having a good time with them (we later became friends), I sniffed her debit card to be silly, but it ended up being more strange than funny. :D :-[
'      !
/ \_..._ / \   Follow me on Twitter!
| /  \_ /  \|
|   o.-.o   |
 \  ( O )   / 
 /'-- U --' \
 |    .:.     | /\ 
 |   /:;:\  |`  /
 |   |:;:|  |_ -' 
 /   |'-' |  \   
`""`    `""`    (Wuff character by Winter)

Offline Zantyago

• Species: Badger/goat taur
  • Male
« Reply #432 on: February 19, 2016, 10:46:12 am »
making small rawr noises when stressed

Offline Samurai Kai

• Species: Snow Leopard
  • Hero of Hisakawa
  • Female
« Reply #433 on: February 19, 2016, 03:15:32 pm »
I lick plates and bowls clean... like, to the point that it's spotless...

I also meow for no reason sometimes. I've meowed a lot so I can do pretty good noises, some people have even asked when I've done it out of the blue, "Was that a kitten?!" :P I have a bit of voice talent because of it. I use to be able to sound exactly like a seagull. I also chase birds away, even though I love them...
If you feel like you don’t belong in this world, it is because you are here to help create a new one.

Offline Takanuva

• Species: Dragon
  • I like Bionicle and Dragons.
  • Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #434 on: February 21, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »
I have a kinda bad tendency to stick headphone cables in my mouth, and when I was younger, I'd lick the static off the front of my CRT television. And I'd lick 9 volt batteries, though I only did that a few times.And also the inexplicable urge to go HEEYYY THAT'S A FUURRY HIIII whenever I see a person wearing a tail/ears at school.

Offline twitchmeerkat

« Reply #435 on: February 28, 2016, 06:32:17 pm »
Where do I start, when I am trying to get comfortable in bed I make a gentle kinda growl/whimper sound. I can be quite protective of food. When I was younger I used to walk everywhere on tip toes. I pick stuff up with my feet too.

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #436 on: February 28, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
After my family moved and unpacked everythig, there was a ziptie still on my headphone cable, so I chewed that thing everytime I used the computer. That was 3 months ago and I'm still chewing on it.
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline HazardJackal

« Reply #437 on: February 28, 2016, 10:05:20 pm »
Yes, it's called FurAffinity.  :P

Offline Takanuva

• Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #438 on: February 29, 2016, 09:20:04 pm »
Where do I start, when I am trying to get comfortable in bed I make a gentle kinda growl/whimper sound. I can be quite protective of food. When I was younger I used to walk everywhere on tip toes. I pick stuff up with my feet too.

Aww man, I HATE it when people take my food. I remember last year, my sister took a bite of my sandwich and I jumped on top of her like something out of Shadow of the Colossus, and stabbed her with a marker. It's not my proudest moment, but that always stands to the extent to which I'll protect my food.

Offline Kain (Asher) Eralf

• Species: Atosian Fox
  • Smooth jazz will be deployed, in three, two, one.
  • Male
    • My Deviantart page
« Reply #439 on: March 10, 2016, 11:23:51 pm »
...It's not my proudest moment, but that always stands to the extent to which I'll protect my food.

Well hey, it's food. It's good stuff.

I don't have any major bad furry habits, but I'm constantly mimicking my dog (which, to others at least, probably looks pretty weird), and I've noticed that when I have an itch on my head or neck, I'll sometimes scratch at it like a dog... not with my foot though.

Offline Takanuva

• Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #440 on: March 13, 2016, 09:44:10 pm »
...It's not my proudest moment, but that always stands to the extent to which I'll protect my food.

Well hey, it's food. It's good stuff.

I don't have any major bad furry habits, but I'm constantly mimicking my dog (which, to others at least, probably looks pretty weird), and I've noticed that when I have an itch on my head or neck, I'll sometimes scratch at it like a dog... not with my foot though.

Is there a way to scratch yourself that doesn't make you look like a dog?  :D It's like chasing a ping pong ball. There's no way to do it without looking and moving like a toddler.

Offline xracecar

• Species: Umbreon
  • ^ I'm totally original
  • Male
    • Deviantart
« Reply #441 on: March 13, 2016, 11:21:50 pm »

Aww man, I HATE it when people take my food. I remember last year, my sister took a bite of my sandwich and I jumped on top of her like something out of Shadow of the Colossus, and stabbed her with a marker. It's not my proudest moment, but that always stands to the extent to which I'll protect my food.
I beat up a kid at school for taking my milk during lunch, he didn't know what was coming.
"I'm hungry,"
"Dude! You just ate lunch!"

"When in doubt, C4!" -Jaime Hyneman

FCW2adrw A-- C- D? H M? P R++ T+++ W Z? Sm? RL-* a- cmn++++ d++ e- f-- h+ iw++ j+ p sm--

Offline Maddy

• Species: Gayal/Banteg mix
  • Odorless, colorless, tasteless and deadly
  • Female
« Reply #442 on: March 14, 2016, 04:30:13 pm »
Hmm, well I used to lick my knees when I was bored… not quite sure if that was an animal tendency, but I did have a cat at the time :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 06:07:18 pm by Maddy »
ISFJ - Unsettled - 6w5
Monoxide the bovine

Offline Takanuva

• Male
    • Takanuva-Toa-Of-Light
« Reply #443 on: March 14, 2016, 05:41:25 pm »
I'm always growling and grunting. I sound like Tim Allen pretty much, with how much I make noise that isn't speaking. Wake up? Strained grunting as I get out of bed. Stand up out of seat? Grunting as I stand up.Popping bones or knuckles? Grunt, growl, and moan. Randomly drop my food in the cafeteria at school? NNNNAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHH. It's kind of embarrassing actually.

Offline Kasuni

• Species: Ocelot/Wolf
  • Female
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2016, 11:36:04 pm »
i growl when i get angry. i also sometimes when i wrestle with my dog, if she bites my arm too hard and it hurts, i involuntary hiss.

Offline Light Blackwood

• Species: Boa & mamba
  • Obscurum
« Reply #445 on: October 28, 2016, 01:09:26 pm »
Maybe...... Everytime I think in something fun (only for me) I grin evily... mostly because that involes hurting someone else or just a weird and funny memory. But I don't consider that as something that has a great relation with the fandom

Offline Howie_Noble

• Species: Lynx Rufus Sapiens (anthro bobcat)
  • everything has its poem
  • Male
« Reply #446 on: December 18, 2016, 08:14:16 pm »
not really a bad habit, but certainly an unusual one: :-[ I'll sniff the air relentlesly even nodding my nose upwards and worling right and left as I do so in search of the origin of suspiscious odors, like burning smells, while at work. others in the room typically laugh about me doing it, but once I alert them of what I'm smelling, some will normally join me in the hunt.
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia