Author Topic: The "Bad News" thread.  (Read 106450 times)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
Re: The "Bad News" thread.
« Reply #1650 on: January 05, 2021, 04:06:07 pm »
Found out today from a friend that a major DVD chain store is going out of business.  :'(
https://www.familyvideo.com/
I went downtown to my local store to see if I could find anything. Only came away with 1 DVD. The prices weren't low enough for my taste. And if you wanted to buy a Blu-Ray + DVD combo pack, you couldn't. You either get the BR or the DVD, but not both. This made me angry.  >:( And I didn't like the way the store repackages the DVD's with different labels or coverslips in the cases.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Species: Wolf / GSD
  • Still hanging in there...
  • Male
« Reply #1651 on: January 05, 2021, 11:07:30 pm »
My dog Wanda ate indigestible items, and is acting very bad. Again.
Work is crazy.
And I am at a breaking point.
And no one can do anything about any of it.
 x_x

And I do not feel any better about saying any of that "out loud".
Bear your soul and take control
If the wolves are howling outside your door
Invite them in and make them beg for more!
(Name that tune!)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1652 on: January 07, 2021, 07:53:59 pm »
I have a cavity.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #1653 on: January 12, 2021, 11:33:39 pm »
The red fox I had befriended last Fall may have been roadkill on a minor highway one mile from where he was last seen this Friday. Went back for another look Sunday morning. Someone had lopped off the tail.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1654 on: January 13, 2021, 02:23:27 am »
The red fox I had befriended last Fall may have been roadkill on a minor highway one mile from where he was last seen this Friday. Went back for another look Sunday morning. Someone had lopped off the tail.

I am really sorry Rocket.  I love animals, esp. canines.  I used to have Coyote "friends" here where I live.  It stinks losing one. 

My bad news is I have been awake for 19 hours and all for work.  Little progress...
I can't keep doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just want to be happy, and live !
(Name that tune!)

Offline Kobuk

• The "Malamute Dewd"
  • Species: Anthro Alaskan Malamute (Husky)
  • #1 Dew drinker.
  • Male
« Reply #1655 on: January 14, 2021, 04:23:59 pm »
I ordered some DVD's from Amazon for a friend. Tracking said the package was to be delivered today via USPS.........NOT!  >:( Got an update that said delivery could not be attempted today. WTH?  :o So now I have to go to the post office tomorrow to see if my package is being held.

EDIT: USPS must have come back to my apartment building in the last hour. Neighbor knocked on my door and said a package was here for me. Thank God!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 04:45:10 pm by Kobuk »

Offline Amducious

• Species: Northern Sergal
  • Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #1656 on: January 17, 2021, 01:10:00 am »
Might have covid getting tested tomorrow.
Profile art By @Paxdoesart on Twitter

What is the true purpose of existing?

Add me on FA! https://www.furaffinity.net/user/amduciousthesergal/

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1657 on: January 17, 2021, 03:07:35 pm »

Amducious, Really hoping to hear good news from you soon.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1658 on: January 17, 2021, 10:51:49 pm »

Same here! Hope it's negative.
(Name that tune!)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #1659 on: January 18, 2021, 11:54:45 am »

Same here! Hope it's negative.

Thanks, I'll update as soon as I get the test results back.

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1660 on: January 19, 2021, 06:52:03 pm »
The roofer scheduled to come out and patch a minor leak in my roof today cancelled. The outfit handling this arrangement apologized and reversed the credit card charge. I'll stop in at Menards or Home Depot and check their message boards for handyman services.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Amducious

• Toss me in the ocean
  • Male
« Reply #1661 on: January 20, 2021, 10:34:24 pm »
Well I got my results back tested positive for covid-19. I had a feeling i was positive currently can't taste or smell. The worst of it is over for the most part. Had terrible headaches but now I just feel stuffy and have a bad cough been staying home since last Wednesday.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1662 on: January 21, 2021, 12:56:20 am »
Well I got my results back tested positive for covid-19. I had a feeling i was positive currently can't taste or smell. The worst of it is over for the most part. Had terrible headaches but now I just feel stuffy and have a bad cough been staying home since last Wednesday.
Oh man,  I'm  sorry. I'm glad you are young though!
Keep us posted.

My bad news is I have a migraine from work stress.  Just need to let it go away
(Name that tune!)

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1663 on: January 28, 2021, 02:05:08 am »
I deactivated my furry Twitter feed because small press editors and writers came after me en masse for my questions toward a new lit mag publication I'd never heard of before. The pub, Mesozoic Reader, is one I thought I would be perfect for, they misinterpreted my questions as a form of trolling, blocked me, sent their friends after me, and to top it all off, a long winded thread was posted on a pub site stating that my Tweets were directed at them personally, AND that I am a white supremacist. I wish I was joking. I cried my eyes out last night and deactivated a feed where I had maintained good friendships over the past few years. I was heartbroken.

The only good thing to come out of it all? After I got blasted publicly for being suspicious of a new publication site, lo and behold! A small press lit mag called Violet and the Bird turned out to be a total scam operation! And they apologized profusely to the scammed writers, and were heartbroken by what happened, apparently. *major eye roll*

So, *I* can't question a new small press, but *they* can out them as being unprofessional and unethical and somehow that's not white supremacy??????

Anyway, I've had A DAY that quickly has felt like A MONTH.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 02:06:48 am by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1664 on: January 28, 2021, 10:29:22 am »
To imagine you as a white supremacist?!?!
These people are insane!
Sorry for the terrible day.  Doesn't make sense why they blew up like that.
(Name that tune!)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1665 on: January 29, 2021, 03:02:43 am »
To imagine you as a white supremacist?!?!
These people are insane!
Sorry for the terrible day.  Doesn't make sense why they blew up like that.

Today was less terrible, except for the annoying tree trimming during my online field trip lol aaaaaaaa...and yeah. I have no clue why that kind of leap was made and why it was assumed I was attacking/trolling random folks online. I think people get into this bizarre hivemind state when they are on Twitter and tend to be vicious with newcomers to their protected folds or groups, lashing out at anyone they instantly deem as unfit without even reading what they wrote...it's all based on an instinctual reaction rather than calming down and responding in a mature way. *shrug* I wasn't the only one called out in this way and blocked and...yeah the whole thing was very odd. I'm still going to keep writing my stories and making my art...I just needed to step away from that handle and keep the one feed (my main, 'normie' Twitter) for a while.

What's even stranger is that the backlash toward this brand new "lit mag," Violet and the Bird, has been so total that the scammers up and quit, making off with other peoples' works without much repercussions, and making money off the magazine to boot. It was rumored that this "company," along with quite a few of the reactionary authors and small press zines that raised an outcry about me, are inexperienced folks in their teens/early twenties. I honestly feel that there is nothing wrong with me researching before sending my work...and I am honestly glad I did in terms of that one new publication. I've since blocked the worst offenders in the original fiasco I was in the middle of unintentionally, but I've also learned to just quietly research rather than ask anything at all (because an ask=troll automatically I guess). 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2021, 03:07:38 am by Iara Warriorfeather »
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline cause the rat

• Species: rat
  • Male
« Reply #1666 on: January 30, 2021, 05:50:49 pm »
My furnace is acting up. Right now it's not working. After the electrical panel burned up a few years ago parts of the gas furnace had to be replaced. I knew then it was a temporary fix. The good news is those parts are still in working order! Not that that's going to help if I have to replace the thing. I'll get someone out to look at it. Wont happen today or tomorrow. It's the weekend.
It's been said that rats can gain access to your home by climbing up threw your toilet. I prefer to use the front door.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1667 on: February 06, 2021, 06:53:22 pm »
I drove 100 miles back home, where I used to live. I wanted to relive some good times with my new dog Wanda.
The park where I walked my dog Heidi for 10 years is trashed.  All vegetation cut down to the ground.  Some trees burned,  fences put up in spots,  others torn down.  Both ponds drained.  They call it a wildlife area?  There's no animals there, except for one young coyote who has severe mange.
No joke, I like animals.  I like canines.  I grew up practically in that park, back when it was wild and free.  It was like looking at a brother who was ill, beaten up,  and homeless.  I am so sad right now.  I cried off and on for a hour driving home.
Seems everything went to hell, right after I left.  Even my town is in a shambles.  If I could have given the coyote dewormer in a meal of dog food,  it probably would have stopped the mange.  It's a broad spectrum anti parisiticide as well as dewormer.  I feel so down. I can't go "home",  there isn't one.
 :'(
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1668 on: February 20, 2021, 12:49:28 am »
The local St Patrick's Day Parade was cancelled due to lack of event insurance. I tend to "own" that parade whenever I march in fursuit there.

Water leaking into my breezeway at home, due to ice dams on the shaded side of the house. Had to get on a stepladder and carefully apply an ax to the problem.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1669 on: February 27, 2021, 03:17:29 pm »
Had to cancel a trip to Flint due to recent snowfall. Also found a leak in a PVC water pipe over a workbench near the cat's litter box. A bit difficult to access, but could minimize the issue with some gooey pipe thread/sealant compound.
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Firelight

• Species: Folf dog, alt cross fox, Solarin wolf
  • Your looking sus there boi
  • Female
« Reply #1670 on: March 06, 2021, 03:15:46 pm »
My dad said the me and dogs could die for all he cares.  :(
I try and try but it's never enough for him.

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1671 on: March 06, 2021, 08:01:24 pm »
My dad said the me and dogs could die for all he cares.  :(
I try and try but it's never enough for him.
I'm sorry he said something like that,  kinda harsh.

My bad news I guess is my back yard is total mud.  And I have a dog who loves to bring that mud in
(Name that tune!)

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Male
« Reply #1672 on: March 09, 2021, 10:29:48 pm »
Broken charging cable for my LED 3-D printed Moon globe. It's a paperweight for the duration.
(Baps the old humorist.)

• Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #1673 on: March 12, 2021, 12:14:11 am »
My less than a year old laptop's hinge broke (it's a Dell G3 3590, notorious for this!)...and the technicians won't repair it for free, because apparently this was "accidental damage." So now I have to spend more of my money to get a new laptop. I think I will get a Lenovo or an HP (I had an HP before and it was a tank of a laptop). *sigh*  >:(
Furry Code:

My art and such

Offline Jade Sinapu

• Male
« Reply #1674 on: March 15, 2021, 11:52:21 pm »
A guy at work cornered me in the bathroom to tell me that my recipe I put in the company cook book was not truly Korean although I said it was.  He said his wife was mad as heck and it was "cultural appropriation", and she should know since she is Korean.  I apologized and he was still angry. 

I mean it is a recipe in a little known company cook book, come on!

I then went home to continue working from home since I was now uncomfortable at work, and found my dog was ill.  Cleaning up after her still , 6 hours later.
She goes to vet in 4 days.

I had to go to store, to mail something at a late hour (very important actually it be done now) and after 5 places I was able to get something shipped out.
very tired.
(Name that tune!)