Author Topic: Ice cream.  (Read 7915 times)

Offline CatDetective

• Species: Cat
Re: Ice cream.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 03:08:29 am »
The other day, my school served ice cream in small, sealed styrofoam cups with the logo "Blue Bunny". At least they were subtle.

Needless to say, it was not as good as Blue Bell.

They have a really cute TV commercial running right now... but I remember they had back-to-back product recalls a while back that still has me avoiding them... though I enjoyed it just fine years ago, as I recall.

Offline Iara Warriorfeather

• Species: Velociraptor (Iara)
  • Dinosaur of Furtopia-On Hiatus!
  • Female
    • My Homepage
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 06:43:29 pm »
What brand/flavors do you like? Which ones do you prefer over another?

I used to eat Thrifty ice cream in the huge tubs when I was young; since then I have tried Haagen Dasz, Blue Bunny, Skinny Cow, Breyer's, Dreyer's, Coldstone Creamery and Ben and Jerry's.

Coldstone is the best company imho.

I enjoy chocolate ice cream the best, but I will also enjoy cookie dough, brownie, peanut butter cup, Thin Mint (yes, it is a flavor of ice cream too!), and Moose Tracks.

Dang it, now I really want ice cream.  :'(
Furry Code:
FDC5adw A+ C+ D++ H++ M- P++++ R+ T++ W Z Sf RLS/LW* a+ cn+ d-- e+++ f+ h- iwf++ j p

My art and such

Offline Foo

• Species: Green Panda
  • Whoops
  • Male
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2016, 09:28:19 pm »
Give me anything containing cookie dough or peanut butter and it'll be gone in under 3 seconds...

Offline Kaiden

• Species: Acinonyx Jubatus (Cheetah)
  • Male
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 03:53:23 am »
The other day, my school served ice cream in small, sealed styrofoam cups with the logo "Blue Bunny". At least they were subtle.

Needless to say, it was not as good as Blue Bell.

Once, when I was working for Braum's, I had this elderly man ask me where we keep the blue bunny ice cream, I told him they were considered competition, and that we had our own brand.
Every now and then...

Offline Robert_Silvermyst

• Species: Archangel Wolf
  • High King of Furgasta
  • Male
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2016, 09:25:19 pm »
I tend to make what I call a Psuedo-Julius. I buy two cans of frozen orange concentrate and either orange or berry sherbet. I make the orange juice with half of the water, and blend in the sherbet. A delicious gallon+ of sherbet smoothie that tastes as good as the stuff you get at the mall.

Offline Kayle

• Species: Fox
  • Hallelujah, lock and load!
  • Male
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 09:57:26 am »
I'm an ice cream junkie.  I love the stuff.  Blue Bell is my default fave, owing to the sheer variety of flavors.  However, a month or so ago, the store I work at discontinued some high dollar cream.  I believe it was New Orleans brand or some such.  I got several pints very, very cheap, as it usually retails for about $7 a pint.  IT WAS HEAVENLY.  They had a flavor called Mardi Gras Pie, consisting of marshmallow cream, nuts and chunks of soft chocolate.  It was to die for!  If anyone finds it somewhere, and can afford the hefty price tag, DO IT.  You won't regret it!
"Go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company."
-Mark Twain

Anyone use Telegram?  Hit me up!  Username is KayleStorm!

Offline Rocket T. Coyote

• Species: Canis Latrans Rocketus
  • The Furry Model Rocketeer
  • Male
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2016, 10:54:37 pm »
Had some home made vanilla ice cream after a romp in fursuit at an area farm festival--by invitation. Made right on site in an ice cream maker powered by an antique Ford truck. It really hit the spot.
"The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him. And even the fleas would dessert him for a velocipide."~Mark Twain
(Baps the old humorist.)

Offline Howie_Noble

• Species: Lynx Rufus Sapiens (anthro bobcat)
  • everything has its poem
  • Male
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2016, 04:58:49 am »
A Klondike bar will satify me but Ben and Jerry's "everything but the..." is my fav.
“What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity." Dr. Leo Buscaglia